S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Oh and in other news, how sh*t is the SPL going to be withouth Rangers in it? May as well not bother with the whole thing and just give the cup to Celtic now.

And if rumours are to be believe it looks like my beloved Leeds United are about to be taken over by Middle Eastern investors. I really really hope it happens..

Oh and in other news, how sh*t is the SPL going to be withouth Rangers in it? May as well not bother with the whole thing and just give the cup to Celtic now.

And if rumours are to be believe it looks like my beloved Leeds United are about to be taken over by Middle Eastern investors. I really really hope it happens..

Wots happening with the Gers? Someone must want them, surely?

I'm not actually sure what is happening with them invesment wise, but they were voted out of the SPL today.

Also, RVP confirms he will leave Arsenal next summer... just as Leeds come into money (potentially).. its all starting to come together.

I'm not actually sure what is happening with them invesment wise, but they were voted out of the SPL today.

Voted out? What's that all about?

Leeds! Very similar type of club to City (was:)). I'll be honest, i've got a bit of a soft spot for Leeds. Be good to see them back.

Morning traders

3:00am GBP Halifax HPI m/m 1.0% -0.3% 0.4%
4:43am EUR Spanish 10-y Bond Auction 6.43|3.2 6.04|3.3
5:02am EUR French 10-y Bond Auction 2.53|1.9 2.46|2.0
6:00am EUR German Factory Orders m/m 0.1% -1.9%
7:00am GBP Asset Purchase Facility 375B 325B
7:00am GBP Official Bank Rate 0.50% 0.50%
Tentative GBP MPC Rate Statement
7:30am USD Challenger Job Cuts y/y 66.7%
7:45am EUR Minimum Bid Rate 0.75% 1.00%
8:15am USD ADP Non-Farm Employment Change 103K 133K
8:30am EUR ECB Press Conference
8:30am USD Unemployment Claims 385K 386K
10:00am USD ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI 53.1 53.7
11:00am USD Crude Oil Inventories -1.6M -0.1M
12.45am EUR/GB Rates announcement

7:30pm AUD AIG Construction Index 34.7

Re: Recent loss of form

Its Independence Day, hence the lower volumes about, which is good for those in the know, for the reason they know;). But this move was planned a while ago, with the knowledge of the above and the plan of off loading on a high for when the non-farms get released.

So whatever the result of the non farms, we will be trading above the 1358 level on Sept ES into and off the release.

So any dip prior (below 1360 level) is a high probability buy play to the upside. Could be at least 15-20 full ES points on the cards for this one.

Lets see it we get the price.

Just a waiting game now :eek:

Looking good so far!

The Presenters Index for Thursday

Maryam - black - neutral
Guy - blue - up
Manus - red - down
Linda - red - down
Betty - blue - up
Erik - pink - down
Sheila - pink - down
Dom - orange - down
Scarlet - pink - down
Trish - purple - neutral

Just a bit of fun to see if the presenters dress subconsciously to forecast the day's close

Last edited:
Seems interesting

The Hour Between Dog and Wolf Book Review: Inside the Mind of a Wall Street Tycoon

This is of interest if you are aroused by this kind of research material like I am - http://web.mit.edu/alo/www/Papers/JPM2004.pdf

Coates reveals and describes the anxiety a trader feels when he jumps off a cliff on a hunch, no matter how educated that hunch may be; the reflexes, stamina, thick skin, and even physical strength he needs to run a trading desk or wrestle on the trading floor; the euphoria he feels when his hunch pays off, yielding millions of dollars and fat bonuses; the delusion of grandeur and invincibility through which he views himself after a testosterone-induced winning streak; and, of course, the crushing, demoralizing blow he feels when the bubble suddenly bursts, his winning streak comes to an screeching halt, and his overreaching, arrogant betting slaps him on the face with the loss of all those millions. It’s one of those enlightening reads that makes me nod, smile, ruminate, cringe, and shake my head every other sentence. How can you not react to remarks like, “the financial system balances precariously on the mental health of risk-takers”?

Lovely stuff :)

July 5th
Asia mixed,Europe mixed.
Had employment numbers out already. All rosy.
10:00 – Non Manu. PMI

Year high above @ 1411. We’ve had a big move up BUT in a holiday week where volume is lacklustre. So, it’s hard to know what to think about. Normally, I’d say low participation up move = a reversion back to value.

Volume is up this AM – 107k above average for the time of day, it was below average but volume started coming in around 8am and went thru the roof as the news came in.

So – all depends now on whether we get volume coming in or not. If it moves up on low volume, I’ll stand aside. If it moves down, regardless of the volume, I’ll jump in.

If this Is a new balance area forming, we have a value area of 1350->1364. So potentially, we have longs below 1350 & shorts above 1364

Shorts 1369.75 (already hit, so we may now move straight down), 1377.75
Long 1345.50, 1341.87

Plus all the usual reference points.

ES 09-12 (1 Min)  05_07_2012 1.jpg

ES 09-12 (1 Min)  05_07_2012 2.jpg

Here's one on the offer @ 1360.00. This is the advantage of trading in a real market as opposed to spreadbetting/spot forex. (regulars on this thread already know, not trying to teach you how to suck eggs:))

Well thus far, 1 looser & 3 winners.

Pretty much missed out on the grinding up move and all the ticks that went with it....

Re: Recent loss of form

CHASE IT!!!

So - what is behind your prediction? Something you can share?

VSA or something along those lines?

No chasing allowed:cry::cry:

Ok, well 1358 traded through and bought up on the cheap by some sneaky rascals. Target is still minimum 1375 into and through the non-farms.

See if there are any fireworks tomorrow.:devilish: