S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Although there do seem to be 3-4 times more green weekly bars than red this year, perhaps just going long each week may serve just as well?

Hi guys,

Here is QTR-3, week 4 forecasts in the compo. Interesting to note WA is at 1700 on the button. 1700 will be tested. Up or Down or perhaps on the line??? Interesting times.

Wishing you all good luck. (y)

Attachments

• SPX500-130726a.JPG
    SPX500-130726a.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 152
Wish I went with 1676 now.

I think we are going to come off 1700 but I hope that'll be next week.

Well the three tiny bears take the medals this week by the narrowest of margins .42 of a point. Howsabout that then???? :)

Well done (y)

..................wackypete2.........mike.......timsk
brave+three+little+bears.jpg

Attachments

• S&P500_20130726b.JPG
    S&P500_20130726b.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
well done Mike, I can see you moving up the housing ladder now.lol
P.S Don't put your shirt on it though.

And well done tim & pete your philosophy played out just as you said it would.

1670 for me (n)

Either we have a continuation pattern, based on last week or a little bit of a pull back before next lurch forward. 50/50 to be honest.

Quite a few news announcements this next week, GDP on wed, unemployment rates and nfp's on fri. Could go ether way....1699 please atilla

The rise may be faltering a bit but still more to go imho so 1707 pls

The coming week will offer more clues to the state of the economy. In addition to earnings reports will be data on U.S. gross domestic product and the monthly labor report, as well as monetary policy announcements by the Fed and the European Central Bank.

“The Fed is going to be meeting and there is speculation that maybe they will start to reduce their bond purchases in September,” Peter Jankovskis, co-chief investment officer who helps manage $3.6 billion at Oakbrook Investments LLC, said via phone from Lisle, Illinois. “The reports that we have had and any statements they make are going to be the big lead-in to that story. The big driver really continues to be the employment statistics.”

Exxon Mobil Corp. and Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) will be among 134 S&P 500 companies releasing results in the coming week. Of the 260 companies in the benchmark equity index that have posted quarterly results so far, 73 percent have exceeded analysts’ estimates for profit and 57 percent have topped sales projections, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

Industrials lost 1 percent as a group for the week, the most among 10 industries in the S&P 500, followed by a 0.8 percent drop among energy producers.