S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Bravo to this week's winners. I thought it would go way up there for a moment, but it came my way after all.

I'll be going bullish next week -- 1630, please.

Well done guys, thought I had it in the bag until Bernanke started speaking (n)

The failure to hold 1650 gave an easy short with a nice tgt :clap:
Closing under 1600 on friday will probably lead to more follow through next week unless we retest 1600 hold it then push which will end up blowing this prediction out of the water too.:innocent:

This is pricing in the tapering news, so might be down testing the 1555 area S&P now that it closed under 1600.

1557 for me.

:cheesy:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to last weeks' forecast in the QTR2-SP500 competition.

I think with the choppy ups and downs it is going to be an exquisite end to see who will take top spot? We have Wacky in one corner, bearish in outlook - opposing Pat in the other feeling well bullish. ibetyou seems to have ganged up with Pat to catch our three time gold winning champion WackyPete.

To the rest of the pack - there is also the running points total to keep in mind as it will be very interesting to reflect on the end of year over-all consistency stats.

As usual forecasters lined up in order of bulls to bears with an estimated range of 73 ticks. Another point of interest is the opposing sides Mean and Weighted Average have taken against each other. Watch this space...

Wishing each and everyone best of luck. (y)

:)

Attachments

• SPX500-130628a.JPG
    SPX500-130628a.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 207
Hi Robster,

As per malaguti's note - just noticed May is there but dates have changed.

There is something strange going on for sure and do not think I changed them.

Don't understand how I could have missed malaguti and mike's forecasts either.

Am I really the only person who can make changes here? :rolleyes:

Atilla

Sorry Atilla, I only just saw this. I wasn't around this weekend. Do you still need me to do anything?

Sorry Atilla, I only just saw this. I wasn't around this weekend. Do you still need me to do anything?

No thanks Robster all good now.

Not sure what happened or how but can only imagine it was me going ape pooh early hours of one morning :cheesy:

Fix wasn't too bad once I looked at it in the clear light of day.

Best regards :)

No thanks Robster all good now.

Not sure what happened or how but can only imagine it was me going ape pooh early hours of one morning :cheesy:

Fix wasn't too bad once I looked at it in the clear light of day.

Best regards :)

It would make sense for me to revert the entire ownership to you Atilla - then you can use the version control feature to roll-back if things go wrong.

Want to do this?

Thanks Mike. I worked hard on that last Sunday. I was hoping that Pete pat and myself would all end up on 18 points but I think pat has won with 20 points so I think its only fair I let pat buy them,
"few got out of that".
Well done pat.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been an extra-ordinary QTR2 with not one but two forecasters taking three gold medals. This is quite a feat as the regular forecasters will know.

Big hand to ibetyou who wins this week podium and takes 3rd gold. :clap::clap::clap:
Pat and Samspade79 take silver and bronze. (y)

This concludes the final positions for QTR-2's game with Pat beating WackyPete into joint second place with ibetyou. Samspade79 takes third place. Notice WackyPete and Ibetyou have trophies in their hands for their outstanding three gold medal achievements.

This is especially in light of 6 weekly reversals in a 13 week run so forecasting always more difficult in absence of trends imho.

Pat as well as winning QTR2 game has achieved most medals 1 gold and 5 silvers. That's pretty good going.

We've sadly had quite a few drop outs and I hope we get to see them afresh for QTR3's game.

FYI - third pic shows running totals as we are half way through the year.

Wishing you all a great weekend. (y)

Attachments

• SP500-Qtr2-Final_Results.jpg
    SP500-Qtr2-Final_Results.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 203
  • QTR2_Winners.gif
    QTR2_Winners.gif
    73.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Running_Total_QTR2.JPG
    Running_Total_QTR2.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 122
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been an extra-ordinary QTR2 with not one but two forecasters taking three gold medals. This is quite a feat as the regular forecasters will know.

Big hand to ibetyou who wins this week podium and takes 3rd gold. :clap::clap::clap:
Pat and Samspade79 take silver and bronze. (y)

This concludes the final positions for QTR-2's game with Pat beating WackyPete into joint second place with ibetyou. Samspade79 takes third place. Notice WackyPete and Ibetyou have trophies in their hands for their outstanding three gold medal achievements.

This is especially in light of 6 weekly reversals in a 13 week run so forecasting always more difficult in absence of trends imho.

Pat as well as winning QTR2 game has achieved most medals 1 gold and 5 silvers. That's pretty good going.

We've sadly had quite a few drop outs and I hope we get to see them afresh for QTR3's game.

FYI - third pic shows running totals as we are half way through the year.

Wishing you all a great weekend. (y)

Inspired by you guys
thanks to Atilla for doing the hard work bit
And as to how did I accomplish this feat of excellence ? Wish I knew really.
:whistling

Well done guys. :clap:

Good luck to everyone for the next quarter.(y)

Some interesting PA on Friday, S&P just couldn't hold 1620 and sold off fairly strong from there, as did the DOW off 15000 15050 area, which looks to me the highs are getting lower, until we see a close above 1620 now on S&P it looks like its going to end the week lower imo.
I'm expecting some continuation on Monday, could be a bit choppy mid week till NFP at the end of the week which is going to add a nice twist.

Im going to start the quarter with a bearish one of 1570 (n)

NEW YORK, June 28 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 on Friday closed its strongest first half of the year since 1998 after reaching record highs in May on a rally underpinned by the Federal Reserve's massive monetary stimulus.

On Friday, the Dow Jones (DJI: ^DJI - news) industrial average fell 114.89 points or 0.76 percent, to end unofficially at 14,909.83. The S&P 500 slipped 6.92 points or 0.43 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,606.28. The Nasdaq Composite added 1.38 points or 0.04 percent, to close unofficially at 3,403.25.

The three major U.S. stock indexes ended the month of June in the red, snapping seven-month positive runs for the S&P 500 and Nasdaq and a six-month streak on the Dow.

For the quarter, the Dow added 2.27 percent, the S&P 500 gained 2.36 percent and the Nasdaq gained 4.15 percent.

The S&P 500 closed the first half of 2013 up 12.6 percent to score its strongest first six months to a year since 1998.