S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Hi Guys,

Here is the week 6 forecasts for Qtr-2. Below is the league table - as per usual listing most outrageously optimistic to the down right pessimistic characters among us. Dare I mention VielGeld and Vicorka's names. Something about the V spells possible victory to me but who will it be???

Another observation - there is convergence in the ATRange for the forecasts, down from 105 last week to 43. Consensus is converging and so my bet is on Weighted Average - ehemm that starts with two VV's. I hope you all see the logic in my argument!

I've said it so it must be so :cheesy:

Good luck to you all (y)

Attachments

• SP-13-05-10a.JPG
    SP-13-05-10a.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 143
Pooh bear :(

Hey guys - just noticed we have 6 peeps with 3 identical calls.

I'm upping mine to 1590.1

VielGeld - 1625
ibetyou - 1625

Gaffs - 1600
tar - 1600

malaguti - 1590
Atilla - 1590.1

Please one body go up or down by 0.1 of a call.

For future reference please throw in a fuddy duddy decimal in there. My bad I know but as the saying goes - pooh happens. :eek:

Whoops, sorry, didn't see your posts Atilla. I would like my call rounded up if you don't mind, today's action notwithstanding -- I just like having the top call! :cheesy:

Whoops, sorry, didn't see your posts Atilla. I would like my call rounded up if you don't mind, today's action notwithstanding -- I just like having the top call! :cheesy:

Thank you VielGeld / Tar,

Will adjust to;

VielGeld - 1625.1
ibetyou - 1625

Gaffs - 1600
tar - 1600.1

malaguti - 1590
Atilla - 1590.1

:cool:

Thank you VielGeld / Tar,

Will adjust to;

VielGeld - 1625.1
ibetyou - 1625

Gaffs - 1600
tar - 1600.1

malaguti - 1590
Atilla - 1590.1

:cool:

Be a lot less trouble for you At if they were equal first. Was it fair though ?

Be a lot less trouble for you At if they were equal first. Was it fair though ?

Hmm yes it is becoming difficult to administer with repeat calls and updates.

Happy to maintain duplicate calls and makes sense as keeping it simple with less complexity is always good.

If some prefer unique calls they can place a decimal factor to make it so etc... :idea:

Just to recap then Pat,

Does that mean VielGeld and ibetyou get gold with 3 podium points and then you get... silver & samspade gets bronze or you get just bronze?

Hmm yes it is becoming difficult to administer with repeat calls and updates.

Happy to maintain duplicate calls and makes sense as keeping it simple with less complexity is always good.

If some prefer unique calls they can place a decimal factor to make it so etc... :idea:

Just to recap then Pat,

Does that mean VielGeld and ibetyou get gold with 3 podium points and then you get... silver & samspade gets bronze or you get just bronze?

Glad to see you have come round to awarding equal points to VG and ibet with me getting silver and let's not do sam outa his bronze.
Great competition still
Roll on next week. With the original rules.

Hi guys,

Apologies for the late write up but didn't want to rush it as I was not able to last night.

This weeks winners are in joint place taking gold; VielGeld & ibetyou. Pat and Samspade take silver and bronze. The bulls are tearing up the place seeing red. Well done to them all (y)

...............Pat...................VielGeld.......... &................ ibetyou ....................samspade79

1349039994-horse-racing-underway-at-ksar-said-racetrack_1489927.jpg

Samspade is leading the pack this Qtr with three bodies in joint 2nd place.

Unfortunately the two averages are languishing in 14 & 16 place.

Attached tables show this weeks points & podium awarded with the second table showing this quarters leaders.

Attachments

• SP-20130510-1.JPG
    SP-20130510-1.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 158
  • SP-20130510-2.JPG
    SP-20130510-2.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I would agree with Pat in that similar calls merit equal points. I'm not entirely sure how to eliminate this issue while still being fair to the players.

That said, I offer a congratulatory pat on the back to myself and IBetYou, and wish all others better luck next week. :cheesy:

Prolly forgot to do your mojo enhancing dance Tim ?
By the light of the full moon for double effect

:LOL:
That'll be it Pat, thanks! Dance done for the coming week, so watch out everyone!

1,602 for me this week please Atilla.
Tim.

I think we are seeing the effects of QE and it is not done yet imho.
So 1651 please At.