Rugby World Cup

• Thread starter aussietrader
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
A

aussietrader

The game they play in heaven is finally being played in the heavenly surrounds of Australia.

Anyone care to have a Pint (or a half if you must) on who the finalists are and also the winning team and margin. It is not unpatriotic for you Brits to back Australia, in fact it is probably quite clever ;-)

As an honourable Australian (please no jokes) I shall collect my winnings and pay my losings when I visit the mother country in March 2004.

Go Ausssie go!

Didn't we beat you in your own backyard, never mind Twickenham recently?

Maybe we will at cricket sometime before I draw my pension in 25 years time.

JonnyT

Johnny T,

If we were punting on cricket I'd be drinking free for a week!

Yes we have been soundly beaten in recent rugby tests but my spies inside the Aussie camp still rate them an outstanding chance and worth a couple of quid at ladbrokes.

I take it your pint is on the Brits to have a win?

Aussie

AT,
i'll have a schooner with you.NZ-OZ final.Would love to see England take it in your own backyard,but maybe playing in the"land of high culture" will be just a bit too much for them.
Whichever way,Kiwi's will take it.What was the score in NZ,50 odd points??
cheers

Steve

In the "land of high culture" we enjoy it most in our yoghurt.

Will enjoy a beer either way next year.

Last RWC I had a 'spontaneous' bet with a British traveller I met (after several drinks) for $1000 that Australia would beat England.

We swapped addresses but I lost his and could never claim. If he is reading this... you know who you are...do the honourable thing and send me a cheque!

AT,
will try an extend the hospitality I received when I was in OZ.Met an Aussie whilst in Indonesia,who said he was a croc catcher.Yeah,and i'm Peter Pan.
I visited him in Darwin,turned out he was a NT ranger,and I spent next 6 mnths catching crocs.Amazing.
Unfortunately the most dangerous thing we have are cows.

cheers

Cows you have but I recall a few of them are mad. Don't eat the beef - ask for a crocodile burger next time!

AT

Australia-defending champions, playing at home in what is a 3 horse race are at 5/1? My moneys already on!

Martin Johnson, Richard Hill and Johnny Wilkinson are standing before God at the throne of Heaven. God looks at them and says; "before granting you a place at my side, I must first ask you what you believe in."
Addressing Johnson first he asks, "what do you believe?"

Johnson looks God in the eye and states passionately, "I believe Rugby to be the food of life. Nothing else brings such unbridled joy to so many people from the grim North to the bright lights of Twickenham. I have devoted my life to bring such joy to people who stood on the terraces supporting their club."

God looks up and offers Johnson the seat to his left. He then turns to Hill, "and you, Dicky, what do you believe?" Hill stands tall and proud.
"I believe courage, honour and passion are the fundamentals to life and I've spent my whole playing career providing a living embodiment of these traits."

God, moved by the passion of the speech offers Hill the seat to his right. Finally, he turns to Wilkinson, "and you, Johnny, what do you believe?"

"I believe..." says Wilkinson "...you're sitting in my seat."

bonsai,

he he!! LOL

AT

Last edited by a moderator:
An American woman of 40 wants to get married, but she is only willing to marry a man who has never been with a woman sexually.

After several unsuccessful years of searching, she decides to take out a personal ad.

She ends up corresponding with a man who has lived his entire life in the Australian Outback. And after a long-distance courtship, they decide to get married.

On their wedding night, she goes into the bathroom to prepare for the festivities. When she returns to the bedroom, she finds her new husband standing in the middle of the room, naked and all the furniture from the room piled in one corner.

“What happened?” she asks.

“I've never been with a woman,” he says. “But if it's anything like screwing a kangaroo I'm gonna need all the room I can get

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig waht the Egnslih wlil sepnd tmie and menoy on!

Basoni yuo're jkoe was vrey fnnuy!

If the Aussie`s win, I`ll eat my hat!! (corks and all!!) :cheesy:

In fact I`ll even spread Veggiemite all over it first :LOL: :LOL:

Perhaps we should discuss the cricket for a few moments.

Matt Hayden 376 no and the Aussies 5 for 731 at tea. Makes me want to sing a song (not by Rolf Harris)

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble....

AT

The Kiwis would win the Rugby world cup unfortunately for both England and Australia............very very confident prediction!!