Robot development in third-party trading platform API, Multicharts+ASP, Multicharts .Net+ASP, Ninjatrader-8, MotiveWave-Ultimate? And why?[Updated]

Blonde_Angel

Hiya,

In the case of developing a Robot for trading FX and Metals on a third-party trading platform API, which one of the trading platforms in the market worth buying?
1- Multicharts +AdvancedStrategyPack (1'997 USD) +purchaseable Add-ons
2- Multicharts .Net +AdvancedStrategyPack (1'997 USD)
3- Ninjatrader 8 (1'099 USD ~ 1'649 USD) +purchaseable Add-ons
4- MotiveWave-Ultimate (2'295USD one off cost plus +295USD annual cost)
5- (Please mention your choices outside of this list) ?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

Last edited:
The no-code 1 Station is not on your list.

Hiya @TickCOM

Thanks. Do you mean neither algorithmic trading platforms nor solutions will work? I had Ninjatrade-8 for a while and purchased Multicharts 14 +ASP and Mtivewave Ultimate recently and I'm looking for some add on for Order Flow Analysis, but I can't decide if Motivewave Ultimate or Ninjatrade 8 can be the best platform to purchase my required add on's for it?

The no-code solution requires individuals to stay in front of the trading server for about 10 hours per day to make a significant return on their investment. I need to invest my time in different subjects and I don't have that much time for staying in front of the trading server five days a week?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

You need to google what no-code is. A no-code solution is a platform where programming has been replaced, where you can develop what you want but without programming. So it is the opposite scenario - for a coding solution it is 10 hours a day, the next many years - for a no-coding it is a few minutes a day.

Example of no-coding solutions is web site development, no one develop websites any more by coding, it would take many months to develop a website by coding, instead of minutes. Same for automated trading, the learning curve by programming is years, and weeks/months to develop strategies, instead of minutes.

Last edited:
You need to google what no-code is. A no-code solution is a platform where programming has been replaced, where you can develop what you want but without programming. So it is the opposite scenario - for a coding solution it is 10 hours a day, the next many years - for a no-coding it is a few minutes a day.

Example of no-coding solutions is web site development, no one develop websites any more by coding, it would take many months to develop a website by coding, instead of minutes. Same for automated trading, the learning curve by programming is years, and weeks/months to develop strategies, instead of minutes.

Hiya @TickCOM

Thanks. There are some no coding solutions on the Multicharts 14+ASP and Motivewave Ultimate as same as you mentioned as well. Also, some other brokers offering visual strategy development alongside their trading platforms as well. I only trade with IB mainly, thus I'm not going to other brokers. In these visual development platforms, there are just basic functionalities and they don't go beyond basic and intermediate functionalities in total. The Multicharts 14 also have easy language that is the same as visual development in difficulties, but it also has no-code development, but I didn't use that functionality yet and I just heard of it.

I don't think anything above these two Multicharts 14+ASP and Motivewave Ultimate for strategy development exists. If you know any, please specify it?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

Yes the mentioned no-coding solutions are not operational. There is only the institutional 1 Station platform which has fully implemented no-coding, that I know of.

As to the very common "... I only use broker xx or I only trade xx", is not to be smart. You need to set priority on the development platform, and accept what ever it supports, only fruits on Amazon, ok then you trade fruits on Amazon.

Last edited:
Yes the mentioned no-coding solutions are not operational. There is only the institutional 1 Station platform which has fully implemented no-coding, that I know of.

As to the very common "... I only use broker xx or I only trade xx", is not to be smart. You need to set priority on the development platform, and accept what ever it supports, only fruits on Amazon, ok then you trade fruits on Amazon.

Hiya @TickCOM

Thanks. I don't get you on 'There is only the institutional 1 Station platform which has fully implemented no-coding', what is the institutional platform's name that offers a high-quality visual coding solution, please?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

I have a lifetime license for Ninjatrader 8 and use Ninjatrader for charting and building custom indicators.

If you want to build your own custom indicators using Ninjatrader 8 using an almost visual approach, I would suggest looking into an addon by Sharkindicators called Bloodhound. This has the functionality that you sem to be looking for. I also have the lifetime license for Bloodhound but I can program using C# so its easier for me to write code for Ninjatrader 8. However it is really easy to prototype indicators using this software and have used it ocassionally.
Before you commit, I would suggest looking at their channel on youtube :
to get an idea on how to develop software using Bloodhound and whether it suits your purpose.

I would not recommend getting a custom unknown software. Instead, use one of the software you listed above. There are also others such as Tradestation, but stick to an off-the-shelf solution.