MultiCharts PowerLanguage/EasyLanguage full documentation, full reference book, books and materials?

Blonde_Angel

Hiya,

I'm looking for the PowerLanguage/EasyLanguage full documentation, full reference book, books, and materials? Everything related to MultiCharts-14(latest version). I don't know where to start and where to read all the materials to get full knowledge about this Algorithmic Trading application as fast and as complete as possible?

I can read man guides and books as long as they are worthy of my time and they are written well and they are useful, but I don't want to use my time to read junk books and guides that have no practical value, nor any performance optimization considered on them.

I want to develop an Algorithmic Trading Robot/App that can be capable of the fastest possible execution lowest possible latency with best of the best memory management and superior performance optimization with MultiCharts-14 and I need professional advice on this? please help?

Note: I may try to learn other Algorithmic Trading language or API or first-class programming languages like Java and develop some application for Algorithmic Trading on them as well, but I need to learn MultiCharts-14 as I'm developing one EA/Robot/application-for-algorithmic-trading in MultiCharts-14 too.

Tnx and best of luck 😇

In these books there are complete codes in Easylanguage of various Trading Systems and they also teach how to create, test and optimize T. S:

- The Ultimate Trading Guide (John R. Hill, George Pruitt, Lundy Hill)

- Trading Systems that Work (Thomas Stridsman)

- Building Winning Trading Systems with TradeStation (George Pruitt, John R. Hill)

- Design, Testing, and Optimization of Trading Systems (Robert Pardo)

- Trading Systems - A New Approach To System Development (Urban Jaekle and Emilio Tomasini)

You can download here:

Easylanguage-essentials-programmers-guide:

EasyLanguage Functions and Reserved Words Reference

Last edited:
The advice is walk away. The learning curve of programming automated trading is years, few can produce usable results even after 5 years.

The advice is walk away. The learning curve of programming automated trading is years, few can produce usable results even after 5 years.

Hiya @TickCOM

Thanks. I purchased Multicharts 14+ASP and Motivewave Ultimate and I do progress with them on the algorithmic trading. I admit as the connectivity issues overall and IB TWS issues with connectivity with Multicharts 14+ASP and Motivewave Ultimate are most challenging, but not the programming itself. As I can write some programs but I can't debug the connectivity issues with Multicharts 14+ASP with IB TWS or Motivewave Ultimate with IB TWS and this has become the source of my issues and suffering for now.
?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

The advice is still walk away. Past investments/cost are non-important, it is the cost/benefit from today which count. You are going to be stuck for years. (an advice from a 0.001 percenter).

Last edited:
The advice is still walk away. Past investments/cost are non-important, it is the cost/benefit from today which count. You are going to be stuck for years.

Hiya @TickCOM

Thanks. I do get what do you mean. But for reducing my trading hours, I need to develop an algorithmic trading solution to solve my long hour of staying in front of the trading server matter?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

That is a classic problem, and the answer is still walk away. Find a no-coding solution to your problem, since you always need to adjust your strategies, no matter discretionary or automated, which imply you will need to constantly adjust and develop new strategies or alert signals. Since what you seek, is to develop alert signals which can call you to the screen.

With a coding solution I can guarantee you will be sitting in front of the monitor like never before.

Last edited:
That is a classic problem, and the answer is still walk away. Find a no-coding solution to your problem, since you always need to adjust your strategies, no matter discretionary or automated, which imply you will need to constantly adjust and develop new strategies or alert signals. Since what you seek, is to develop alert signals which can call you to the screen.

Hiya @TickCOM

Thanks. I get what do you mean. The Alert system is also is a strategy. If it can alert me, I guess it can enter into the trade as well? I mean it would be a waste if I design and develop a sophisticated strategy to alert me but don't enter or exit or do both in the trade?

Also, I'm looking for one accurate Order Flow Analysis add-on for Motivewave Ultimate, or Multicharts 14+ASP or Ninjatrader 8 x64, what do you think of orderflowanalytics(dot)com, is it an accurate Order Flow Analysis or just another flashy and pricy software that doesn't work properly?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

Of cause a no-coding platform should support full alert trading, capable of executing semi and fully automated..

Order flow will get you nowhere, if it was usable and profitable to use order flow, we would all be billionairs. But it can be used as a confirmation, but a complex and time consuming method, better to find a more easy input of confirmation.

Key is time to market, to seek the fastest path, which is to say to be smart. Key is also to make your research, and think, before you start a many years journey. And constantly work on simplifying your trading, not making it more complex.

Last edited:
Of cause a no-coding platform should support full alert trading, capable of executing semi and fully automated..

Order flow will get you nowhere, if it was usable and profitable to use order flow, we would all be billionairs. But it can be used as a confirmation, but a complex and time consuming method, better to find a more easy input of confirmation.

Key is time to market, to seek the fastest path, which is to say to be smart. Key is also to make your research, and think, before you start a many years journey. And constantly work on simplifying your trading, not making it more complex.

Hiya @TickCOM

Thanks. I get what do you mean. But I need to add Order Flow Analysis to my trading strategies and algorithmic trading. Thus I do have some tools in Multicharts 14, Volume profile, Cumulative Delta, Volume Delta, TPO and also some tools in Motivewave Ultimate like Volume Imprint(Bid-ask/Volume/Profile/Delta/Ladder) etc, but I don't know if these are enough for most accurate Order Flow Analysis and thus I'm looking for something beyond these if exists? I started a new post for this and you may kindly contribute for Order Flow Analysis on there, please?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

Great, good luck with that. Who told you need above, the vendor ?

Hiya @TickCOM

Thanks. By vendor do you mean the orderflowanalytics(dot)com ? I did found it one of the only Order Flow Analysis add on for Motivewave Ultimate from the internet?
I posted a detailed enquiry about order flow application here

Tnx and best of luck 😇