Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Sounds like R3 to R4 b/out trade.

I've never traded that method, all i look for is a cam level to have been touched/brought into play before seriously trading.

GU is overbought now, I think it could fall back to 1.5295 area easily pre London open. London might even whack it down.

I've never traded that method, all i look for is a cam level to have been touched/brought into play before seriously trading.

GU is overbought now, I think it could fall back to 1.5295 area easily pre London open. London might even whack it down.

Likely to be a fair bit of 'rumour' trading in advance of GDP figures at 0930. Not having
a clue myself , I'm considering some kind of 'strangle'

I've gone short at 15272 targeting 30 pips with a 30 pip SL, that target takes me back to just below my Pivot Point at 15238.

It all depends how the price reacts when (if) it hits 15250 I'm always cautious of the bounce from the big numbers 00 50.

Stopped out for (30) pips,

Market makers like to 'shake' the market if any one position is over-loaded. I presume a number of people were long on EU and GU and they can short the market to wash out those longs and then the original trend resumes.

London open approaching, still not managed a convincing close above 1.5300. This could easily flop again.

Market makers like to 'shake' the market if any one position is over-loaded. I presume a number of people were long on EU and GU and they can short the market to wash out those longs and then the original trend resumes.

Right, as in 'tree shaking' in Robbie's book. You have pointed out a good example.

I don't think anyone is going to make anything the way it has moved today, especially since 8.00.

mish

I can see too become a good trader I've just got to flip what I'm thinking on it's head and go against my gut feeling. :LOL:

GDP smashes expectations and it gapped big time on my broker which would ruin any straddles.

The clean close above 1.5300 has worked a treat.

Did you scalp it? I was waiting just too much to take it. Now doing a catch-up on NT, long 15296.5 SL 30.

Target: 15375.

Well it seems you were right I achieved 60 pips as I set my limit at that, I didn't expect the GDP figures to be that good. They expected it to around 0.6% ntot 1.1 % so I imagine cable could now break through the second set of resistance @ 1.5385 & 1.5393.
Great achievement considering the picture at 8:15 - 8:30, you must be psychic or have insider info.

Well it seems you were right I achieved 60 pips as I set my limit at that, I didn't expect the GDP figures to be that good. They expected it to around 0.6% ntot 1.1 % so I imagine cable could now break through the second set of resistance @ 1.5385 & 1.5393.
Great achievement considering the picture at 8:15 - 8:30, you must be psychic or have insider info.

Thanks RB, I wish I were either (or both)! The picture was pretty much there yesterday evening, the morning action by 8:30 primarily confirmed it: in the morning, lots of long orders being stophunted. I wish I were more disciplined and not trying to scalp here and there, my profit would have been neater for today.

That's the lesson for pre-news triangles: the strategy is to trade with the main trend, the tactic is to wait for a whipsaw and then to wait for an opportunity to enter inside it.

Right thank you, I now have justifcation for about 8 screens in my study !

mish

(Who has now sent a fifth application to join the closed group, its becoming a sport now :LOL:)

Send SA Trader a pm.

Well, this morning I had the mother, father, and grandparents of a hangover, but still managaed to place at 6.30, saw the drop that took out the inters and fell back into a stupor, woke up at 8.15, was about -15, but at 8.28 things were rosier, so began to trail stop to less of a loss- but too drunk still to look properly, so set stop to about +10profit in the end. Just looked now, and to my annoyance, if I'd have not woken up I'd have been about £100 quid up, got stopped out just before the big rise on the GDP news. Still one up to me, not closing on 8.30 turned loss to profit.

And just realised I had 1.4 pip slippage on IG, the cheeky people!

Send SA Trader a pm.

Well, this morning I had the mother, father, and grandparents of a hangover, but still managaed to place at 6.30, saw the drop that took out the inters and fell back into a stupor, woke up at 8.15, was about -15, but at 8.28 things were rosier, so began to trail stop to less of a loss- but too drunk still to look properly, so set stop to about +10profit in the end. Just looked now, and to my annoyance, if I'd have not woken up I'd have been about £100 quid up, got stopped out just before the big rise on the GDP news. Still one up to me, not closing on 8.30 turned loss to profit.

Similar. Entered at 15318 but had a wary stop at 10 - too wary now I see !

Had I kept it at 30 till it settled then I too would have been more fortunate.

Will get it right sone day.

mish

Similar. Entered at 15318 but had a wary stop at 10 - too wary now I see !

Had I kept it at 30 till it settled then I too would have been more fortunate.

Will get it right sone day.

mish

Think I haven't ?

He has had 2 over the past 2 days. Also sent application using the 'apply' link on the front page. Looks like that is out of use so why is it not removed ? It has postings from June only.

But I have a boat to paint now - more important on my scale of things to do ;)

mish