Review of FTSEDay.com

Its quite amazing how pro tennis is like trading its 80% or more a mental game

Learning how to trade and work out levels is easy, so why to you think 80% of people loose? Need to learn that and use it to your advantage

He needs to spell "lose" correctly if he wants to impress potential purchasers of his intellectual prowess:LOL::p

Service Review, I thought the idea of a vendor review was a good idea (though I said I don't really agree with all your conclusions), but you are at risk of turning it into a hatchet job and considerably diminishing the case you make as a result.

Vendors, if they offer poor service, really do need to be brought to account, and I totally feel that new traders may not be a in a position to make a good judgement about them.

However, the risks to a newbie's account posed by the market as a whole is, in my opinion, far greater than the cost of FTSEDay's subscription (and possibly some other rooms, I only have experience of one other which was more expensive and too complex for me).

Further, as I posted before, FTSEDay told its members to start small, almost ridiculously small and build up their pot incrementally while learning discipline. Whatever the quirks and spelling errors of the guy who runs it, this approach may save a newbie his life savings. Now, maybe I read everything wrong and I was the mug, but I honestly don't think so.

Now you're starting to wake up, Still Asleep.

LOL, well, I probably was a mug to ever get into trading in the first place, but as you'll know you can spend a lot of your waking hours trying to learn to trade successfully. To stop somewhere for a while and learn how someone else did it made a lot of sense to me.

I have never personally subscribed to the service and do not intend to but have been on some of the webinars that he run for free as he started the website to try and gain some publicity. I have wasted hundreds of pounds on books like most aspiring traders but attended the free webinars and gained some benefit from them.
It is easy to get bogged down with complex indicators and god knows what else but he managed to bring it back to a very basic level 'Price Action' which I found very refreshing and their was no hard sell.
For me I do find the service expensive for cost and it is just for FTSE indices but I do see some merit in what he is doing albeit it is not everyone's style of trading.

It is useful to learn from others for a short time but ultimately you have to find you own style.

Wow! I am new to Trade2Win, I'm not 'Mike' and I'm not a member of FTSEDAY.

This thread (and some of the people commenting) are quite ridiculous. Reviewing trading services is a good thing as there seems to be very little in the way of a 'watchdog' in the spreadbetting world and this should be a concern for everyone. BUT please, let's keep it constructive....

As for poking fun at this guys emails, that's really low. He's obviously Dyslexic and this has no bearing on his ability to trade.

As a novice trader I certainly hope that I find something more useful in these forums than a bunch of infants squabbling over the last biscuit and calling each other names. This is my first post and I hope it won't be my last but if this is what the forums are like then it most definitely will be.

Wow! I am new to Trade2Win, I'm not 'Mike' and I'm not a member of FTSEDAY.

This thread (and some of the people commenting) are quite ridiculous. Reviewing trading services is a good thing as there seems to be very little in the way of a 'watchdog' in the spreadbetting world and this should be a concern for everyone. BUT please, let's keep it constructive....

As for poking fun at this guys emails, that's really low. He's obviously Dyslexic and this has no bearing on his ability to trade.

As a novice trader I certainly hope that I find something more useful in these forums than a bunch of infants squabbling over the last biscuit and calling each other names. This is my first post and I hope it won't be my last but if this is what the forums are like then it most definitely will be.

I can honestly say that I was not 'poking fun' at the emails. I do agree that he may be dyslexic, and that has no bearing on my review. I merely wanted to highlight the content of the emails, and the rubbish that is sent out on a daily basis.

I think this thread has got a bit off of the point, but I do not think that it is right that so many new posters have turned up on here to defend the service, especially ones that spell site incorrectly - 'sight'.

I am still a subscriber of FTSE Day and have actively been involved in discussions to see if I can get any benefit from the service - but for me there has still been none so far.

i can honestly say that i was not 'poking fun' at the emails. I do agree that he may be dyslexic, and that has no bearing on my review. I merely wanted to highlight the content of the emails, and the rubbish that is sent out on a daily basis.

I think this thread has got a bit off of the point, but i do not think that it is right that so many new posters have turned up on here to defend the service, especially ones that spell site incorrectly - 'sight'.

I am still a subscriber of ftse day and have actively been involved in discussions to see if i can get any benefit from the service - but for me there has still been none so far.

i'am not mike!

I can honestly say that I was not 'poking fun' at the emails. I do agree that he may be dyslexic, and that has no bearing on my review. I merely wanted to highlight the content of the emails, and the rubbish that is sent out on a daily basis.

I think this thread has got a bit off of the point, but I do not think that it is right that so many new posters have turned up on here to defend the service, especially ones that spell site incorrectly - 'sight'.

I am still a subscriber of FTSE Day and have actively been involved in discussions to see if I can get any benefit from the service - but for me there has still been none so far.

A thought... if you've been involved in discussions but can get no benefit, you'd probably be better off to find another service to help you learn to trade and... if you know two ways to spell 'site', you're probably just too clever for the FtseDay approach to trading.

I'd like to offer my own two cents on this.

First time poster (yeah I know), but long time reader of this blog. I've been involved in trading for about a year, so read some via google searches on spreadbetting and the ftse100 / uk100 seemed the most logical product to bet on as a newbie to this 'game'. Possibly the wrong choice, but there you go.

I did read Mike's 'daily reviews' on his site, and follow his twitter updates & at the time. And of course, he did seem to me to have an uncanny knack of describing the days action to a tee. He made some good calls on twitter as well - I 'shadowed' some trades and made some good money as well.

This continued for some weeks, and I noticed a 'gang' of followers on twitter increase and increase. I attended a couple of training sessions, and found these pretty good as well. It should be pointed out that Mike gave up his time to do this, and no charge was ever made for this presentation.

I eventually recieved a mail offering membership to a 'live room'. This "live room" was part of the offer - added to this was a document on the 'setups' that Mike uses and swore by. All good. So far.

I signed up & turned up to the trading room on it's 1st day. Expecting to make a 'packet'/quit day job/wake up owning 4 beach resorts etc etc. Sadly, for me this was when things went decidedly "pete tong".

I have never met Mike, just the occasional banter on twitter or email. I don't know what the guys motives are - to be honest I didn't stick around long enough to continue with the room.

There was no control or structure to it at all. The first few trades in the room were called by members who were further down the trading road than me. The trading was fast and frantic - a number would be 'called' by one of the members - i.e. going long at 5678 / stops to BE within 30 secs / then out with +10 or stopped out. The reasons for trades being taken seemed random, and unaccountable. A lot of trades taken on 'gut feel' which one would expect the moderator to warn or concur with - nothing like that at all.

This continued for the 2nd and 3rd days. Did Mike himself call, or make a trade, not sure - can't remember. I was starting to lose interest by this point - I hadn't learned anything.

I think by my 5th or 6th day - Mike had stayed late - I mean watching for an 'entry' - I shadowed this and made i think 8 or 9 losing trades, small trades with stupidly tight stops etc etc. That was it for me - I had sat in front of a screen all day to something like 8pm from 8am that morning, looking for guidance. But heard things like 'lets hope this one goes all the way' etc etc.

I would concur that Mike would make some trades, be 'done for the day' then come back later and inexplicably get battered in about the markets again, his rules and system then, were still very much 'under development'.

I cancelled my direct debit that night and never logged back in. I noticed this thread a few days ago and was glad that this is being discussed.

I did recieve a document in the mail as well with the setups. Not really worth it to be honest.

Money management? Didn't really hear r/r or such being discussed - the aim was to get to BE asap.

On Mike - I dunno, can he trade? Not sure - I was so new to the game then, and had stars in my eyes about anyone who had been in this longer than me. He does get 'extra credit' for doing the presentations, and did seem like a genuinely nice bloke at the time. Perhaps the strain of running the room was too much - no idea? But the smooth salesman guy disintegrated in the room almost immediately.

These days, I still do make the occasional trade on the ftse - just for laughs with small stakes, probably once or twice a week around big data release. I would treat it like a 'flutter' on the horses. I don't think anyone can seriously trade on 5 min timeframes and have the strength to pump serious cash into it. £200 a point etc etc. Madness.

Perhaps the room has improved, i was an early adopter with no expectations/experiences - but it put me off these forums for life.

These days I work on significantly higher timeframes - forex on the J16 / Nial Fuller path. I am not a member of any paid forums or trading rooms for those 2 sites. There is more than enough free info on both of those sites to start anyone off.

I'd like to offer my own two cents on this.

First time poster (yeah I know), but long time reader of this blog. I've been involved in trading for about a year, so read some via google searches on spreadbetting and the ftse100 / uk100 seemed the most logical product to bet on as a newbie to this 'game'. Possibly the wrong choice, but there you go.

I did read Mike's 'daily reviews' on his site, and follow his twitter updates & at the time. And of course, he did seem to me to have an uncanny knack of describing the days action to a tee. He made some good calls on twitter as well - I 'shadowed' some trades and made some good money as well.

This continued for some weeks, and I noticed a 'gang' of followers on twitter increase and increase. I attended a couple of training sessions, and found these pretty good as well. It should be pointed out that Mike gave up his time to do this, and no charge was ever made for this presentation.

I eventually recieved a mail offering membership to a 'live room'. This "live room" was part of the offer - added to this was a document on the 'setups' that Mike uses and swore by. All good. So far.

I signed up & turned up to the trading room on it's 1st day. Expecting to make a 'packet'/quit day job/wake up owning 4 beach resorts etc etc. Sadly, for me this was when things went decidedly "pete tong".

I have never met Mike, just the occasional banter on twitter or email. I don't know what the guys motives are - to be honest I didn't stick around long enough to continue with the room.

There was no control or structure to it at all. The first few trades in the room were called by members who were further down the trading road than me. The trading was fast and frantic - a number would be 'called' by one of the members - i.e. going long at 5678 / stops to BE within 30 secs / then out with +10 or stopped out. The reasons for trades being taken seemed random, and unaccountable. A lot of trades taken on 'gut feel' which one would expect the moderator to warn or concur with - nothing like that at all.

This continued for the 2nd and 3rd days. Did Mike himself call, or make a trade, not sure - can't remember. I was starting to lose interest by this point - I hadn't learned anything.

I think by my 5th or 6th day - Mike had stayed late - I mean watching for an 'entry' - I shadowed this and made i think 8 or 9 losing trades, small trades with stupidly tight stops etc etc. That was it for me - I had sat in front of a screen all day to something like 8pm from 8am that morning, looking for guidance. But heard things like 'lets hope this one goes all the way' etc etc.

I would concur that Mike would make some trades, be 'done for the day' then come back later and inexplicably get battered in about the markets again, his rules and system then, were still very much 'under development'.

I cancelled my direct debit that night and never logged back in. I noticed this thread a few days ago and was glad that this is being discussed.

I did recieve a document in the mail as well with the setups. Not really worth it to be honest.

Money management? Didn't really hear r/r or such being discussed - the aim was to get to BE asap.

On Mike - I dunno, can he trade? Not sure - I was so new to the game then, and had stars in my eyes about anyone who had been in this longer than me. He does get 'extra credit' for doing the presentations, and did seem like a genuinely nice bloke at the time. Perhaps the strain of running the room was too much - no idea? But the smooth salesman guy disintegrated in the room almost immediately.

These days, I still do make the occasional trade on the ftse - just for laughs with small stakes, probably once or twice a week around big data release. I would treat it like a 'flutter' on the horses. I don't think anyone can seriously trade on 5 min timeframes and have the strength to pump serious cash into it. £200 a point etc etc. Madness.

Perhaps the room has improved, i was an early adopter with no expectations/experiences - but it put me off these forums for life.

These days I work on significantly higher timeframes - forex on the J16 / Nial Fuller path. I am not a member of any paid forums or trading rooms for those 2 sites. There is more than enough free info on both of those sites to start anyone off.

A good response in which I actually agree with alot of, except I made a bit. I didnt get on with the room although I like the set ups. As you mention. Crazy people appraising your trades when they might not know much themselves.

The twitter is becoming almost like spam aswell with little content too much of the time.

I still remain overall, happy with what i paid for.

and I'm still not Mike!

It’s been a while, some great comments above. Glad to see the service being reviewed from others with good and bad experiences.

I no longer have a subscription to the service, but lucky enough to have some members who send me the daily emails and share login details.

Tonight FTSEday have a free training session so I would recommend anyone thinking of subscribing seeing what they actually do.

We Are Back | Day Trading The FTSE 100

I will be recording so I will post the video soon after.

It’s been a while, some great comments above. Glad to see the service being reviewed from others with good and bad experiences.

I no longer have a subscription to the service, but lucky enough to have some members who send me the daily emails and share login details.

Tonight FTSEday have a free training session so I would recommend anyone thinking of subscribing seeing what they actually do.

We Are Back | Day Trading The FTSE 100

I will be recording so I will post the video soon after.

that would be interesting,please post it here

I appreciate what you are doing

but is this fair that people are sharing log ins etc for paid service.

its a fair point,but if its any good then if I see it,I would happily tell others.If its a scam site then I dont care what we do and lets face it,what rooms are worth anything in reality

Samirs it is not fair.

But these members are passing on the information as they do not want anyone else to waste money.

The FTSEday owner must be taking at least £3000 in subscriptions and he has very little ability when it comes to trading. But please don’t take my word for it, go to the training tonight.

Samir,in any normal walk of life I would be fully supportive of your position. In the 15 years I have been trading i have yet to come across anyone who has the ability to teach trading. They just don't exist so I find them guilty until they prove themselves which they never will

i agree with reviews of ft100 trading it is a scam charging £100per month for giving nothing all their call are wrong you can do with with tossing a coin. so pls don,t fall for it. i have wasited £100 of mine and although they offer refund if you cancell witin the month but they don,t keep their promise to rfund. they never refunded mine i was with them for 3 weeks and on their call i lost £1500 on their calls
so be aware.