Recommend me a mentor

Noob, you don't understand, but trust me, one day you will. What you are trying to do will not work, the most likely outcome will be that you will end up feeding some scammer. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

A good mentor would have to want to mentor you - you would not choose them. Why would a successful trader be touting for business and doing it for money? There would be no appeal unless they wanted to do it - hence they choose you, not the other way around.

Please don't think anybody is trying to be unkind, it's just that you're barking up the wrong tree. A couple of years getting knocked around in the market is the best mentor there is.

To reiterate for those who don't take the time to read posts and therefore rush to post before reading carefully (if I was as sure as you suggest, pboyles, I would not have asked the following:
"Can any former students of the above traders give me a heads up re how well they have been doing after being mentored by one of the above traders." You may note that I then proceeded to ask for verifiable proof (if possible) of success.

...and have any such happy customers replied and posted their verifiable proof? There's your answer right there, but of course it's not good enough because what you really needed was someone to tell you what you want to hear.

By the way if you'd bothered to do some research you'd know that the magic colour charts indicators being flogged by Alan Rich can be knocked up in tradestation in 2 minutes.

You guys are all a waste of time. I will check in from time to time to see if any former students of Trader_Dante or the other people I specifically mentioned reply to my post. As I said, since none of you appear to fit in this category I do not care for your replies.

You guys are all a waste of time. I will check in from time to time to see if any former students of Trader_Dante or the other people I specifically mentioned reply to my post. As I said, since none of you appear to fit in this category I do not care for your replies.

Well it seems you are destined to learn a very expensive lesson. Don't let me stop you.

I have done my research. Again, you did NOT read my post. I ruled out Richard Joyson and I doubt Alan Rich would be very helpful in a one day session (my understanding is that Trader_Dante's sessions last for three months) for forex but he still might be. However, you miss the point completely! Why am I not surprised? Is Alan's mentoring simply offering ONLY magic colour charts (not that I have any interest in them) or is he offering his trading skills and experience gained over many years? I never referred to his charts. I asked for feedback from those who have been his students. HUGE difference!

I have done my research. Again, you did NOT read my post. I ruled out Richard Joyson and I doubt Alan Rich would be very helpful in a one day session (my understanding is that Trader_Dante's sessions last for three months) for forex but he still might be. However, you miss the point completely! Why am I not surprised? Is Alan's mentoring simply offering ONLY magic colour charts (not that I have any interest in them) or is he offering his trading skills and experience gained over many years? I never referred to his charts. I asked for feedback from those who have been his students. HUGE difference![/

Why are you assuming that the people commenting here have not been on one of these courses?

Oi what has kimossaby done? That only leaves us two northerners now mate...up your way tomorrow buying my youngest a new skateboard for his tenth birthday..:)

Just being a complete ******* ******* ***** ***** as usual, but what else can we expect eh !

Jees...I hope you asked for a refund !

Tom's placement of Bison as a sock puppet was legendary stuff...I particularly liked the "sshh don't tell them you made thirty grand in a month Bison..I can't always guarantee that..."

where is Tom, good egg that he is...?:)

Pazienza. Has it occurred to you that perhaps a successful trader MIGHT actually enjoy teaching? Yikes! Do you think members of Trader_Dante's live room are paying him a monthly fee so they can lose money? Why would they stay unless their gains make it worthwhile?

Pazienza. Has it occurred to you that perhaps a successful trader MIGHT actually enjoy teaching? Yikes! Do you think members of Trader_Dante's live room are paying him a monthly fee so they can lose money? Why would they stay unless their gains make it worthwhile?
How many how much?

Maybe they're hoping that next month will make up for last months losses. Just a guess.

Anyhow you've been told by pretty much everyone not to do this. Its up to you whether or not you listen to a bunch of guys that have been there and done it or whether you listen to another bunch of guys that want to take a few grand off you. It's your decision.

Tom's placement? It seems that noob is referring to Black Bison actually daring to post his trading results: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ite-club-t-e-c-discussion-27.html#post1410522 Perhaps being Tom's star student made some people in this thread a tad envious? Bison is now also teaching though I don't know whether Dante having a star student or Bison being a good trader has any bearing on their capabilities as mentors. Noob will have to find that out himself.

Tom's placement of Bison as a sock puppet was legendary stuff...I particularly liked the "sshh don't tell them you made thirty grand in a month Bison..I can't always guarantee that..."

where is Tom, good egg that he is...?:)

What? Was that all a set up then?

Spill the beans, seems like I missed out on some juicy scandal.

:)

I don't know anything about T_D. However, on the wider issue, yes people do stay for a long time in trading rooms where they loose money. People will buy system after system from scammers, even though they've loosed money on previous ones.

Why? Greed, naivete, hope, etc.