Reat Time Trading Results ( Us Stocks )

triplepack,

When I entered the trade I was looking for a 3 to 1 reward to risk ratio. As I had decided to risk 15c my target was to make 45c. During the trade (especially when it was aorund 25c in profit) the market was whipsawing quite a bit so when it had reached my profit target I didnt want to risk giving anything back so closed the trade. Bear in mind that it was a tricky day and I was being particularly cautious.

Normally I would have waited longer for one of them to reach vwap.

Paul

guys,

Please notice that our stoploss was extremely tight .. 7C on each leg .. This is very very tight specially with 70$ stock .. We would have made it even tighter if we had a signal on MSFT .. perhaps around 2C or what ever the Stop loss formula says.. It could be as tight as 4C in total.

Market neutral strategy eliminates the need for large stop loss resulting from adverse market direction ...

Catch Up

I last had an opportunity to check the t2w boards (TT especially) about 7am on Tuesday (Feb 10th). I've had no opportunity to get to the PalTalk rooms at all...

So here I am, 23:30 Saturday night trawling through almost 1500 new posts...

Sorry I missed the action and what appears to have been an 'interesting' trading day on Thursday....

However, the enforced break from access to t2w and the real time trading rooms has given me time to mull a few things over - subject of a couple of separate posts here on TT.

I have to say, based on comments from others, I missed some spectacular real-time trading action and education.

"Good Quality Pairs"

Paul, you made reference in a post for the need to identify good quality pairs.

What makes a good quality pair? RiskReward? Same sector? Wide divergence from vwap?

Tuesday chatroom will be in Trader333 room.. Just a reminder.

regards

A good pair trade is two stocks one at its upper the other its lower vwap band with enough meat in each trade.

T333,

Thanks Paul,understood.

Another question,grey ,t333, if when you find a stock, meeting ur criteria for lets say a short , for e.g.,and the target of vwap was reached, if at that point it coincided with say the right shoulder of an h&s would you, sell 1/2 or be 'tempted' to take the probable/potential further move of the h&s or just ignore the formation and close the position as planned ?

Richard
Cheers.

Personally I take no notice of any other TA indicators other than those we have discussed on Paltalk so I ignore H&S patterns etc.

That said if the price crashed through the vwap and continued running adding to my profit I would wait until I decided it was unlikely to continue and then exit.

Paul

Risk Calculator

After struggling to download ceptors calculator, I have written a simple one in Excel, but am struggling with the code to put the VAC values in.
It needs to say "IF stock price is < 30 return a value of 2
If Stock Price is > 30 but < 40 return 2.5
If Stock price is > 40 but < 50 return a value of 3
etc.

Anybody any ideas

Attachments

• risk calculator.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 27
Ian, if the VAC value you're looking for deosn't need to be a fixed point or half-point, you could use:-

=IF(B1<30,2,((B1-30)/20)+2.5)

Don't know if this helps, but I've been using this linear interpolation for VAC:

=((StockPrice-15)/45)+2

Paul

I would like to thank all those that attended today we had 10 in total which was good. There are still areas for all of us to improve our understanding and Tony has already touched on this.

There were a number of calls in terms of setups but the price for entry was not realised and so a trade was not taken. In particular SBUX which was called for a Long trade at $37.43 and then again at $37.63 but the price did not retrace would have given over $1.

The other calls were:

NSCN Long at $36.28 but the price did not reach our entry and again this stock moved up well.

A pair trade of TTWO Short at $33.13 with MRVL Long at $43.30 but as soon as this was called one of them moved vey quickly towards its vwap so it wasnt taken.

Finally a pair of MNST Short at $22.51 with IMCL Long at $41.89 which I ended up confusing myself over but it still made a profit of 16c after costs. I had ratio to buy almost twice as many MNST as IMCL but only half my MNST trade was filled.

I had intended to trade CHKP in the evening but then got a visitor so was unable to monitor the stock.

Still it was good to have so many other traders to work with and from that standpoint it was a very good day.

I think I have covered everything and if not maybe others who were present can remind me.

Paul

Thanks to Paul for "Running the Show" today.

There were some good calls today, and again we highlighted another area of our trading that we need to refine.

For anyone who has not had the pleasure of being in the trading room for live trading as it happens, I can thoroughly recommend it.

Trader333, Guys,,

Well done and keep the community going .. I be in the room tomorrow @ 2 .. I am more pleased that you had the discipline of not taking the trades when the set up was not right..

Can 't wait for tomorrow..

regards

Can someone briefly post download instructions and how to enter the room please.

Cheers.

Go to www.paltalk.com

download and install the software

register a user name (options would be best as you will be easily known)

Click on "Groups" and navigate to "Business & Finance" then find the "Technical Trader Forum"

You will need speakers to hear the conversation and a microphone to be able to talk to others.

Paul

Thanks T333.

Got the speakers, not sure the mic is working properly.

But at least I can hear what's going on.

Always better to listen, until I understand what is happening around me.

A lesson I try to carry over into the 'real' world.

same here options. I may pop in today if only for the learning experience. I too dont have a mic, but do have speakers :) I'll see how i get on with Paltalk, second time round, and take it from there. May c U later!

Keano

Jonnyy40

I use an ISDN dial up connection, & it works fine.
Occassionally it misses a few words if the market is moving fast and a lot of data is coming in, but 99% of the time it is OK.