Real market algo trading

Capital curve for the last week. Trading is simple, but it is not easy. Just wait patiently for this one trend. Simple in theory, difficult in practice. Automatic investment strategies are an ideal tool for learning patience and consistency.

Last week I lost 58 pips.

DetailedStatement.gif

Another thought:

Never invest borrowed money or money that you have saved for a rainy day. Investments is a world of uncertainty. Potentially high profits involve the risk of loss. By investing borrowed money in the event of failure you lose twice and end up with debts that you can not pay back.

Therefore, for investments spend the funds that really are your surplus, and in the event of investment failure their loss will not cause you problems.

The goal of the investment is not to solve financial problems, but to diversify the portfolio and multiply the assets you already own.

A very common question for people who want to invest in the stock market is: how much can I earn on this? The correct answer should be: only certain thing is how much you can lose, profits are only a potential reward. The stock market is not a full-time job, you're not sure that you'll get any money every month. What's more, it may be that you will suffer losses.

The stock market is a variable environment, which is why the results differ. The average annual rate of return does not mean that every year we earn the same, it is only average. Therefore, if you want the stock market to be the only source of income for you, you must have a very large financial cushion to be able to sleep well and wait for good times.

If, however, you expect specific results from the stock exchange, know that this is the beginning of the end of your adventure with the stock exchange.

61593492_445897916168497_237131187431145472_n.jpg

Has anyone ever come across a EA that produces regular profits ?
Never try Martingale systems. They can look good until they invariably crash.

I would love to know if Trump trades the markets.
He dropped the US indices a lot last week by orchestrating a spat with Mexico and threatening tariffs.
The prime location for stock manipulation.

I would love to know if Trump trades the markets.
He dropped the US indices a lot last week by orchestrating a spat with Mexico and threatening tariffs.
The prime location for stock manipulation.
He is a businessman, so I think he is trading, maybe not by himself but he has people to do this ;)

Hi,
last week was full of macro data and lot of uncertainty. I lost 260 pips but it is nothing unusual.

6.png

Some trading rules:

01. Consciousness is very important in trading. Without proper understanding, we must not open positions on the stock market. The first rule is to understand that there is nothing certain about the stock market. The stock market is a changing environment, where only the past is certain and the future can not be guaranteed. We only have a CHANCE to achieve above-average profits.

View attachment 263065

agreed - i find being conscious helps when i trade .... :)

He is a businessman, so I think he is trading, maybe not by himself but he has people to do this ;)

oh yeah ......the guys is making a fortune from silent trading partners across america ......

hey L

can you give some idea of what you are actually doing here ?

thanks
N

Hi,

Today I will briefly describe strategy which is connected to myfxbook.
As I said before this strategy is in phase of incubation.

It is trend following strategy which is based on failures of last tops/bottoms.

Other rules:

1. All positions must be closed at the end of the session.
  2. Use Breakeven.
  3. No Take Profits.

Why such rules?
Let’s start one by one.

1. Why I close all positions at the end of the session?

Because:
  • Swap is additional cost.
  • Lower liquidity during night (higher probability for flash crash)
  • New day – new opportunities.

2. Why I use a Breakeven?
  • No sense in staying in the undecided market.
  • Low profit is better than low loss.

3. Why I don’t use Take Profits?
  • No one can predict if directional move takes 20 or 200 pips.
  • Black swans really exist.;)
  • “Cut losses and let profits run”.

Money management in this strategy for now is set as below:
  1. Max DD: 50%
  2. Max risk per trade: 3%

After I accept strategy, I change MM to lower values.

interesting - so its a continuation strategy - like i trade most of the time on forex - at what point do you define "Failure" ?

I wish to share one of my trades from yesterday.

On EURJPY EA is currently looking for shorts and a failure of local bottoms.
In the picture below you can see that yesterday such a failure had place which gave opportunity to short sell and to flow with the momentum.
This trade was closed with 34 pips profit.

View attachment 262089

can you show exactly where you took the trade (s) ?

i know where i would have entered (subject to other rules i have being compliant) ...

will be interesting to compare notes

N

Finally!

After 5 months of profit, a period of losses came. In fact, this is the moment that shows the actual strength of the strategy.

Over the past 3 weeks, I have returned the profit that we generated in less than 10 days in May. The most interesting thing is that one good day is enough to make up for a worse period. Will it be the same this time? time will tell
1f60a.png

In such moments I see the advantage of automatic strategies over manual trading. I am sure that if I was involved in trading, I would probably start combining with the strategy. Trading using automated strategies, I am a bit out of the way, watching what the computer is doing and I know that sooner or later the markets will favor me because I know the statistics of my strategies.

On average, I have 4-5 months of loss each year.

And now substantive ...

As you have noticed, I publish "trading rules". I decided to create them because many novice traders have wrong expectations in relation to the market.

I know that they may seem trivial, but in the end you'll admit it's right, even if you disagree with me now.

Write me your opinion! I will gladly get to know other views
1f60a.png

interesting - so its a continuation strategy - like i trade most of the time on forex - at what point do you define "Failure" ?

I don't know if I understood you correctly but "failure" for me is when price goes above last top or below last bottom even by 0.1 pips.

can you show exactly where you took the trade (s) ?

i know where i would have entered (subject to other rules i have being compliant) ...

will be interesting to compare notes

N
As you see in the picture I was entering as soon as price goes below last bottom. This is applicable to all shorts. For longs it is opposite, so when price goes above last top.

Rule # 3 Understand the project you want to invest in.

Do you know in which market it works? What competition does he have? What makes it different?

By investing your funds in any project you are actually a shareholder in a given company. Do you think that any fund would buy companies without checking what they buy? You must act in exactly the same way.
Maybe there is something that will not be consistent with your approach. Maybe the investment horizon will be too long? or maybe the risk is too high?

It's better to know all about it at the beginning.
Also remember that a given project does not work in a vacuum and encounters different problems just like any other company, and despite the best efforts of the creators, something may go wrong. Also, try to assess the environment in which the project competes. Why should it go? Where is his advantage? The creators of the project will always look optimistically into the future, does your objective eye share their enthusiasm?
It's better to reject two good deals than to lose on one very bad. Therefore, before you make a transfer, understand the industries, understand the project.
Warren Buffett did not invest in technology companies for a long time, because he did not understand them, did he lose it? No, he earned and slept peacefully because he invested in what he knew.

I am starting work on another strategy. I want to share my results with you and I will gladly get to know your ideas.

Initial outline:

Time horizon: daytrading
Trade type: for false breakout or for impulse exhaustion
Stop loss for the last top / bottom
closing the position: at 18:00 (at the end of the day)
Trend following
In the next post I will describe the assumptions of the entry.