Re- Third degree, the city exposed (BBC3)

grubs50

Did anyone see the programme about bullying on the financial trading floors of the city of london on BBC3 last night...........maybe that explains the aggressive nature of some of the posters in here...............lol!!. I am referring to those who are constantly turning interesting threads into unnneccesary arguments hence getting the thread totally off the original topic.

Don't know what your f&*&ing talking about. I think it's character building. Jub.

:LOL:

PS. Money never sleeps.

Last edited:
city traders are only aggressive when in the safety of their little offices , take them on the streets and they become little girls .

arf arf arf

Character building? more like character and career wrecking as was evident from d programme last nite.

Must admit, I didn't see it - although I did work for one of the firms mentioned in the articles on the BBC website.
The environment either makes you or breaks you, I've seen it do more good than bad. I certainly didn't suffer anywhere near as badly as I assume the people on the programme last night did - quite the opposite - the aggression and 'attitude' gave me a lot more confidence and skills in dealing with situations and people I hadn't encountered before.

i'm not disagreeing with u, Halo, but i think there should have been abit more protection for those that were being unduly picked on especially if it affects their work.

hahaha............i'm sure i can handle myself but i was thinking of the vulnerable ppl caught up in that situation

grubs50 -
one thing that has 'helped' is the transfer of futures trading from the trading floor to the screen, I've seen the recent crop of futures/options traders include some characters that wouldn't have survived before but are thriving now that they don't have to deal with the confrontation side of things..