Article Interview with Lex van Dam, Financier of BBC Million Dollar Traders

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,448 52
Lex van Dam stumbled on his first City job almost by accident but there’s been nothing accidental about his success ever since. By contrast, he thinks millions of people who believe their money is in safe hands are taking a massive gamble. Now the man whose TV show Million Dollar Traders proved he could teach complete beginners to outsmart the City experts talks to Paul Mullen about all aspects of his trading experience and the launch of his new trading academy.
Paul: = Paul Mullen (Interviewer)Lex: = Lex van Dam  
Paul: How did you get started in the trading industry?
Lex: I was a student in Holland and I really enjoyed student life.  I was not in a rush at all to start working full time, but one summer I did some work experience at investment bank Goldman Sachs in London, and they seemed to like me because they offered me a permanent position. I started there as a trader in 1992.   
One of the things that really attracted me to trading is that it is...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

svyas2468

1 0
Amazing

Lex,

I really enjoy your trading course and would personally recommend it to anyone. I am a student who aspires to be a trader and I believe it gives in debt knowledge of how to trade and what it takes to be a trader.
From the looks of it, the course seems to be one that pin points the key information across and leaves out the unnecessary.
As a beginner, I believe it's of great value.

Thanks,

Shyam

Black Swan

Legendary member
5,613 833
Re: Amazing

Lex,

I really enjoy your trading course and would personally recommend it to anyone. I am a student who aspires to be a trader and I believe it gives in debt knowledge of how to trade and what it takes to be a trader.
From the looks of it, the course seems to be one that pin points the key information across and leaves out the unnecessary.
As a beginner, I believe it's of great value.

Thanks,

Shyam
LOL great wind up buddy, are you the ghost of ODT? :LOL:

pscoop

1 0
Lex Van Dam speaks in a clear, informative and honest way. I always look out for things in which he is involved because he says it how it is and makes real sense. So many people in the industry seem to over elaborate trading and I think he really connects and educates people.

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,301
Lex Van Dam speaks in a clear, informative and honest way. I always look out for things in which he is involved because he says it how it is and makes real sense. So many people in the industry seem to over elaborate trading and I think he really connects and educates people.
If this is an attempt at some sort of viral marketing campaign for training courses you might want to think again. Others have tried it lately and lived to regret it.

For a start how many of the people who appeared on the TV program went on to be profitable traders after 6 months or a year?

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
4,630 954
Traderboi29 was on it wasn't he? He's now at Amplify.

Watched million dollar traders last night/this morning after reading his interview and tbh anyone who has a million to p1ss away on something like that may be worth listening to.
I think kreil gets a bit of a hard time from t2w too. He was at Goldman for like 8 years and supposedly retired a millionaire at 27 ffs so he must have picked something up.
Who on t2w has even came near to equalling the kind of cake these two have made?
I agree their courses may be full of sh1t but maybe you could learn something from them.

Pat494

Legendary member
13,642 1,355
Traderboi29 was on it wasn't he? He's now at Amplify.

Watched million dollar traders last night/this morning after reading his interview and tbh anyone who has a million to p1ss away on something like that may be worth listening to.
I think kreil gets a bit of a hard time from t2w too. He was at Goldman for like 8 years and supposedly retired a millionaire at 27 ffs so he must have picked something up.
Who on t2w has even came near to equalling the kind of cake these two have made?
I agree their courses may be full of sh1t but maybe you could learn something from them.
Traderboi29 left Amplify at the end of the course. He had to say sorta nice things, not that I'm suggesting someone was twisting his arm a bit, but

The 2 fans are 1 post members, Another suspicious sign ?

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
4,630 954
So he never worked at goldman for 8 years?
Did Van Dam not put up 1m quid?
Are they both shysters who don't know how to trade?

Reactions: MrGecko

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,301
I seriously doubt anyone put up £1 million. Why would you do that and then pick people to trade it who, in some cases, had performed worse than others not selected for the show?

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
4,630 954
I seriously doubt anyone put up £1 million. Why would you do that and then pick people to trade it who, in some cases, had performed worse than others not selected for the show?
they at least had credit from brokers on his head

either way do you doubt he's a millionaire from trading?

Last edited:

mughal_naveed

1 0
I attended the Benedix Millionaire event, where I heard Lex first time. His approach is very simple yet very strong.

I've come across many people who try to sell their trade secrets but not
him. He rather work with your strengths and help you improve as you go along.

I think this article provides a very good insight for beginners, people who
wish to take trading a profession. It clear shows that it’s just not a
profession its a life style you chose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top tier trader

Absolutely agree with Mughal. I have also met Lex before and have to confirm we really knows what he's talking about.

I'm also one of the first customers of his academy and have to admit it's one of of the best courses (pretty certain it's THE best) on the market. Of course as long as you remember that you should only take that advice as a guideline, as sure, these are the strategies that work, but with time every good trader has to develop its own, unique style :)

BTW, his book (I've got a signed one, but not for resale! ;) ) 'How to Make Money Trading' in my opinion is one of the greatest contestants to be called a bible of trading.

What I also like about Lex is his open minded approach. If you are a sort of person that if asked what's 32 x 32 thinks it's (2^5)^2 i.e. 2^10, then you'll definitely get a lot out of this man's mentoring!!!