Random!

There are video clips as well somewhere. Poor b*st*rd.....

Truth really stranger than fiction. And they didn't even let him audition to be an Ent in Lord of the rings. Now that sucks - one job he could not only still do, but could even excell at, and he doesn't get so much as a sniff I bet.

Yes thanks for that one GJ. I have not been able to shake those visions out of my head since :mad:.
Nature sure can play some cruel tricks :cry:.

I had to be in work early today, so took the unusual (and very girly) step of wearing a shower cap this morning, so I could just style my hair rather than have to dry it first. I didn't notice I had a MASSIVE cowlick until it was far too late and I needed to be out the door (even after all these years I'm not great in the mornings).

I consequently look a bit of a tool today, but thankfully everyone's far too caught up in the market action to notice.

Random enough?

...Lets just say it put me off my tea....and breakfast....

Maybe overly so :eek:.

A cow-lick? Now I'm picturing you as a Goth with long dyed black hair. Am i on the right tracks?

Good god no :cheesy: Have actually just had it cut, so it's all looking pretty neat with the exception of the aforementioned 'big sticky up bit'. Tried slicking it down with water but it's not having it. Oh well.

Bad hair day.....:eek::-0;):innocent:

Prediction for 2008

Here's one newspaper headline we may see this year : -

AMY WINEHOUSE FOUND DEAD AFTER SUSPECTED DRUG OVERDOSE

dd

Maybe I should start an internet rumour that she is dead.

If the rumour took off and then she read it, maybe it would be the boot up the ar$e that she needs.

dd

mmm, doubt it. My daughter(18) went to glastonbury festival last summer, had a week long back stage pass thingy (bloke she went with works there setting up hence free pass,(liberal parenting, condoms,not too many drugs,have good time & hope),anyhoo)

She sent a text home one night saying she was(had been) in the hot tub with Amy Winehouse , we asked what is she like what did you talk about with her etc, daughtery said she was "Off her head" ranting about her boyfriend all the time.. :eek:

Daughter also reported alot of them (pop stars?) are up there own ass'es but Amy was "Normal" :) whatever that is......

Anyway...... OFF HER HEAD in the hot tub.

Yorkshire Water :: Fluoride and the fluoridation of water supplies
Fluoride and the fluoridation of water supplies
Fluoride is naturally present in all water sources at varying levels. The drinking water standard for fluoride is 1.5 mg/litre (1.5 parts per million). The typical level of fluoride naturally present in our water is around 0.1 mg/litre. In 99.99% of the water we supply the fluoride level is less than 0.2 mg/litre and in all our supplies it is less than 1.0 mg/litre.

The addition of fluoride to water supplies (known as fluoridation) is advocated by some health professionals as a measure to protect teeth from decay. The Water Act 2003 placed the responsibility for requesting water companies to fluoridate water on Strategic Health Authorities, who must first carry out a public consultation exercise. We don't fluoridate any of our water supplies.

There are strong arguments and deeply held beliefs on both sides of the fluoridation debate, but ultimately this is a matter for Strategic Health Authorities, subject to public debate. Customers with concerns should raise the issue with their Health Authority or their Local Authority representatives.

Chemistry textbook shows fluoridation dangers

The Truth About Fluoride! -It is POISON!
As documented in the Journal of Dental Research (Whitford 1987, 1990), there is enough fluoride in a tube of flavored children's toothpaste to kill an average-weighing child under the age of 9.

If you then consider that fluoride toothpastes contain around 1100-1400 ppm fluoride, a fluoride containing moothwash contains around 300ppm, and that the glands below the tongue are very good for absorption....

Fluoride Information - self applied fluoride - toothpaste
How much fluoride can be added to toothpaste?

In Europe, fluoride toothpastes can be sold over the counter as long as the fluoride concentration is less than 1,500 ppm (ppm=parts per million). It is the same as milligrams per kilo (mg/k).
Toothpastes with a high fluoride concentration (>1500 ppm) are classed as a medicine and can only be prescribed by a dentist. These can be used to help adults with a serious tooth decay problem.

Last edited:
I suffered my first bouncing from a random PalTalk chatroom earlier today. I was testing my new mic to see if it worked, and thought it would be fun to do my best impression of Pete from big brother (tourettes). You should try it - its great fun - it made me laugh anyhow. hu.wan*** :whistling

Last edited:
There's lots of great songs that you think are one artists, then find out its a cover version. I thought Hurt was by Johnny Cash. Turns out its a cover of Nine Inch Nails......

There's lots of great songs that you think are one artists, then find out its a cover version. I thought Hurt was by Johnny Cash. Turns out its a cover of Nine Inch Nails......

Both good versions. I was a fan of the NIN version when it came out and then heard Jonny Cash's version years later. I think Cash's is possibly even better (In fact, Trent Reznor, lead singer of NIN, now calls is the song that is no longer his.)

Edit: Another one that springs to mind. I really like 'The smashing pumpkins' version of 'landslide'....and old fleetwood mac song.

Both good versions. I was a fan of the NIN version when it came out and then heard Jonny Cash's version years later. I think Cash's is possibly even better (In fact, Trent Reznor, lead singer of NIN, now calls is the song that is no longer his.)

Edit: Another one that springs to mind. I really like 'The smashing pumpkins' version of 'landslide'....and old fleetwood mac song.

Yes I also think the Johnny Cash Version is better. Although the NIN version is pretty good also, except for a small section where you can't here the lyrics, as the guitar/drums etc. plays over the top of them.
JC also did a really good cover of U2's One.

Last edited:
Don't you just hate it when -
you buy a quality new leather belt. Naturally, due to your toned, athletic physique & slimline waist, the smallest hole is too baggy, and you need to add extra holes.....For this you have a few options
1) Screw a screw through it
2) Hammer a nail through it
3) Drill holes through it.

Yersterday i went for the 3rd option, and did an OK job of it.......But you can more or less guarantee that one or more holes will be not in the middle and/or non-equidistant from its neighbouring hole. And if you're not careful, you end up with a circle scored around the hole from where the drill head made contact, after penetration was made.:rolleyes:
You then might have to get the screws/screwdriver/scissors out in order to tidy up the holes & make them loose enough, which is no quick process either.:sleep:
Still, at least it now fits...:whistling

Don't you just hate it when -
you buy a quality new leather belt. Naturally, due to your toned, athletic physique & slimline waist, the smallest hole is too baggy, and you need to add extra holes.....For this you have a few options
1) Screw a screw through it
2) Hammer a nail through it
3) Drill holes through it.

Yersterday i went for the 3rd option, and did an OK job of it.......But you can more or less guarantee that one or more holes will be not in the middle and/or non-equidistant from its neighbouring hole. And if you're not careful, you end up with a circle scored around the hole from where the drill head made contact, after penetration was made.:rolleyes:
You then might have to get the screws/screwdriver/scissors out in order to tidy up the holes & make them loose enough, which is no quick process either.:sleep:
Still, at least it now fits...:whistling

Or remove the buckle and shorten the belt from the other end . . . :eek:

Or remove the buckle and shorten the belt from the other end . . . :eek:

That is another option for some belts. But not all belts allow this, particularly belts without a traditional buckle, with a buckle that clips into the hole.
This belt was also reversible (reversible buckle fitted), which ruled this option out.
Also, the buckle end is oftewn fitted with a non-standard type of fastening screw/bolt etcc. that you'd struggle to find an every day household tool to undo. ANd thats b4 you undo any stiching that is present.

But yes, i like your general thinking DB, and in many belt cases, it would work :idea: :clover:.