Questions for day traders

ConfusedInvestor

So, when you wake up in the morning to choose a nice stock to exploit, how do you start looking for it? I know that low-value, volatile stocks are ideal for day trading, but there are more than one of these. How can you predict when the price is going to spike so you can buy it before hand and abandon ship?

Also, which software and analytical tools do you find most useful?

Use one of many instantaneous stockcharts.com filters for a list. Pick the ones that are just completing wave 2 down. that's how you can predict the spike - it happens in wave 3

Metastock, TOS

Use one of many instantaneous stockcharts.com filters for a list. Pick the ones that are just completing wave 2 down. that's how you can predict the spike - it happens in wave 3

Metastock, TOS

Thanks I'll keep that in mind, of course i look forward to hearing about more tools and patterns, day trading is professional gambling so one pattern may not always work even if it nets a profit on average.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind, of course i look forward to hearing about more tools and patterns, day trading is professional gambling so one pattern may not always work even if it nets a profit on average.

Everything you have asked for and more is to be had at www.stockcharts.com

You will also have access to John Murphy who writes for the site weekly.

Plug in what you yourself have stated here - into the filter at the site and the list of stocks for you to trade will magically show up. Then you can gamble like a champ

Burial costs should be set aside in advance. Informing next of kin is also highly recommended

sorry, sorry, sorry, I do NOT work for stockcharts.com nor do I sell it. I have used it and loved it. that's all there is to it. I've always liked John Murphy, excellent starters book on TA. There are other writers there, all good and worthy of consideration. They have a one month free trial period = no charge. They don't do any monkey business like hammering your credit card.

OK?

sorry, sorry, sorry, I do NOT work for stockcharts.com nor do I sell it. I have used it and loved it. that's all there is to it. I've always liked John Murphy, excellent starters book on TA. There are other writers there, all good and worthy of consideration. They have a one month free trial period = no charge. They don't do any monkey business like hammering your credit card.

OK?

that's all fine, relax. But your posts have made me wonder, what do they charge after the trial period?

that's all fine, relax. But your posts have made me wonder, what do they charge after the trial period?

I think its 15 dollars/mo. or some such ridiculously low price. they have 4 or 5 tiers I believe, the most expensive being $39/mo. You do not need anything more than BASIC for your purposes.

But you could register again under a different email address and get yet another free month ad infinitum. Don't say I told you this. Only Fibo knows. :):):)

I think its 15 dollars/mo. or some such ridiculously low price. they have 4 or 5 tiers I believe, the most expensive being $39/mo. You do not need anything more than BASIC for your purposes.

But you could register again under a different email address and get yet another free month ad infinitum. Don't say I told you this. Only Fibo knows. :):):)

Thanks again, of course i wouldn't want to get free membership out of the site like that. Doing that is really annoying, trust me, I'm enough of a troll to know!

Thanks again, of course i wouldn't want to get free membership out of the site like that. Doing that is really annoying, trust me, I'm enough of a troll to know!

Good to know. They are a good bunch of people and for what is on offer the value is exceptional. What you might like particularly is the beautiful Indicators of Market Strength all calculated for you - just pull up the chart with the formula they already have and voila - things like highs-lows, highs/lows, Advance-Decline Line and a host f other great stuff. Gets a 5-star (5 of 5) rating from Fibo. No 2nd place contender ANYWHERE

OK?

agreed......... murphy is a good starting point on TA

agreed......... murphy is a good starting point on TA

:):):):):):):):)

Calls for yet another celebration. One of the cognoscenti agreed with Fibo. How rare is that? As rare as a one-legged man winning a butt-kicking contest.

It seems to me that the best way to start a trading session is with news and market analysis today. Even if you have already formed a plan, it will not be superfluous to look at what happened yesterday and today, perhaps the market is excited by some strong event and you should change your asset or just wait for today or vice versa to be as active today as possible. Well, this is something that helps me personally, in fact, everyone here gives quite useful advice, so I'm sure that you will be able to find something really useful for yourself.

Indeed and recent incident in the Middle East and Gold reaction to it is a good example why we have to keep tabs on economic and political events.

It seems to me that the best way to start a trading session is with news and market analysis today. Even if you have already formed a plan, it will not be superfluous to look at what happened yesterday and today, perhaps the market is excited by some strong event and you should change your asset or just wait for today or vice versa to be as active today as possible. Well, this is something that helps me personally, in fact, everyone here gives quite useful advice, so I'm sure that you will be able to find something really useful for yourself.

No Darlin, don't be so mean. PRICE makes the News. The most News can do is give Price a couple jerks that peter out fast. News can never change the PRIMARY TREND is the Law of the Universe that has stood the test of time.

Price is akin to YOU as a person. You do a bad thing in life, let's say. A contra-survival thing. The reciprocation will come thereafter at any time. You will think its the News or some shit. It was generated by YOU, yeah YOU the driver of that body you inhabit. The shit that comes in that tears you a new one is just mechanics.

You're from India, you should understand exactly what I am saying. If you don't, then surrender your magnificent nationality and become a golden calf worshiper like us spiritual-less Americans

Forecasting is a waste of time - leave it to psychics , sports commentators and carnival fortune tellers
Hindsight is useless - leave to journalists , writers and anyone else trying to sell you outdated information

which leaves the NOW.......so I agree 100% with FT ......Price is everything .........right now

N

Last edited: