Question for computer whizzes

Salty Gibbon

Experienced member
1,535 6
I have been accessing a certain website for many years now and this week I suddenly cannot get access to it.

The website operators have assured me that the site is running perfectly and I have verified this by accessing it at my local library.

So the problem seems to be localised in my own computer set-up at home. I have no trouble whatsoever accessing any other websites. This is the only one that I have a problem with.

Any ideas ?

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
Have you been adjusting your internet protection and inadvertently blocked access to it ?

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
I don't think that would help especially. Are you runing a frewall that lets you block sites. If so look at what sites are blocked. Does the site rely on activex for content visibilty. Is activex enabled in your browser

candles

Established member
809 152
I hate computers. Your problem will fix itself in a few days. Ive had the same thing happen to me about 4 times in the past now with different sites. I didn't change a thing and suddenly i couldn't access certain sites, like you. I went to all kinds of computer help forums where even the whizz-kids couldn't find a solution and then about 3 days later it was working all by itself again...

riddle

67 4
Get PingPlotter from www.pingplotter.com
It is a freeware visual ping utility that shows the routing, packet-loss and ping times. This will show whether the problem is at the isp, enroute or at the website end. Very useful when your datafeed/brokerage link is broken.

Trader333

8,655 981
SG,

I was able to access it but it was slow to load and that is with a broadband connection. It may well sort itself out. I presume that you havent changed any of your internet settings recently ?

Paul

Salty Gibbon

Experienced member
1,535 6
Is that what is known as clearing the cache ?

Done that b4 but can't remember why ? Whatever it was for it did solve the problem.

frugi

1,827 126
Could be that some of DNS servers between your ISP and the website you are looking for aren't working. These translate a website name into the actual IP address e.g. 80.1.2.3 and I believe different providers use different DNSs and/or different sites are "found" via different DNSs which might explain the selective admission. I use NTL and very often can't reach one or two sites but if I type in the numberic address they work fine. Could just be a case of waiting for the ISP to sort it out I'm afraid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock