computer freezing

Similar problem

Osho

I have a Sony Vaio that I bought a year ago. It freezes almost every day WHILST I'M USING IT. This is most inconvenient considering that I day trade. It tends to freeze just as I want to close my trade for profit!!

I sent it back to Sony TWICE and told them to change the memory. They didn't do what I suggested so the problem persists. Yesterday I did a DEFRAG so I'll see if that helps. Logically it shouldn't.

I also use ADSL from BT, and I experienced chronic connection problems a few weeks ago whilst trading during the day, just after upgrading to 1MB. They told me to change my filter and the problem continued for a day or so but has since not reoccured.

I use BITDEFENDER virus protection software which I believe to be one of the best available, far better than Norton Antivirus.

TOUCH WOOD my laptop has been perfect for the last few days.

If your problem persists I would suggest you change the memory chip. Unfortunately, my laptop is no longer under warranty, but this is what I intend to do if my laptop continues to freeze.

Good luck.

Check that the RAM is seated correctly. If you've more than one stick, try removing each one at a time and swapping slots.
Also did you run the Pitstop tests?