crashing computer

Does anyone know if there is a way to monitor the cpu & system temperatures whilst the pc is running?

The only way I know is thru the setup menu at boot up which doesn't allow me to keep an eye on it.

I run XP pro.

Thanks.

jaison said:
My setup is quite antique actually, but considering all it does is monitor feeds it is still fast enough to cope.

I use a 2GHz Pentium 4 with 384 MHz RAM. The graphics card is a Matrox G200 twin monitor AGP with a Matrox G450 eTV in a PCI slot. All running on XP but it worked too on Windows 2000.

I have one LSE real time feed, one Level 2 feed, one IE standard broker feed and DDE the real time feed in to an Excel spreadsheet. It works hard but I have never been aware of any delays.

You don't need anything special to use multi monitors. You will get there with a little perseverence.

I agree - I don't think the cpu spec is important. I run 4 monitors off two dual matrox cards with an 866MHz Pentium3 and 640MB RAM without problems !

olwenh said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to monitor the cpu & system temperatures whilst the pc is running?

The only way I know is thru the setup menu at boot up which doesn't allow me to keep an eye on it.

I run XP pro.

Thanks.

You may have that facility in your BIOS, depends on how sophisticated your motherboard is..........