• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Pure Pip Producer : style and expectations

Do you think it is possible to profit every quarter with trading?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just your opinion.
You state something you have to provide evidence for it.
I provided long algo trackrecords, and you provided nothing as usual... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That is just your opinion.
You state something you have to provide evidence for it.
I provided long algo trackrecords, and you provided nothing as usual...
Have a look it’s on the way :

4BBDE6E2-67CE-4DD7-9AA5-93FD2B8E3FD0.jpeg

So your idea is that all "quality" traders that profit every quarter are hidden...
You would be the only one that shows a couple of consecutive quarters..
Just the opposite of survivorship bias that tell us that what we see is the luckiest part of the reality.
Does Taleb say that good traders profit every quarter?

So your idea is that all "quality" traders that profit every quarter are hidden...
They are not hidden they are a lot.

They are all in the USA.

When you read the Market Wizards 1 or 2.. that’s shocking.

They are all american or live in america since they were a child.

They have another conception about the Risk and they have the real freedom.

Not the fake one.

That’s my opinion.

We are dumbs in Europe.

We are Communists.

They are (real) Capitalists.

You can be right about mindset, they have an expansive policy we have a defensive one but this has more to do with stock investing than our short term speculation.
Almost al CTAs are US based and thos funds do not make moeny every quarter, neither every year.
Unfortunatelly the ctaperformance website has beeen closed but those trackrecord were worse than Dunn.
Dunn is american and has the best public trackrecord I can find.

The difference between you and me is that you are looking about the track-records while me i was looking at the process.

Another difference between you and me is that you made a lot of backtests in your life while me i’ve never run any even one from all my life... i wouldn’t even know how to proceed.

And that’s why i’m different. I don’t believe at the past... a backtest or a track-record.

That’s really deeply rooted in your mind... i think you will never change that because, like all the americans super traders, it all happened during childhood and the mental « anchoring ».

You think datas, backtest, track-record... the common point is the past.

You need to lean on something that has happened.

I don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.