Property as investment: Still a good idea?

Yes trading is more challenging and more action, and much more profit... for brokers! 😁
Yes, you are right!
I consider my investments as my insurance for mid and long term future.
My trading is a different story... I don't discard the possibility of making a nice income out of it (with my own money and/or investors money), but my future doesn't relay on the results of it (fortunately), so I don't have any pressure and I have all the time (well, I am 58 y/o...lol).
Anyway, I really believe that I have started to understand the market and I am getting ready to pick the crumbs of its inefficiency. This is my feeling these last months....but only time will confirm whether I am ready or not.

Buy stock
Sell OtM calls.
Pocket the premium.
Repeat.

The REIT that was mentioned earlier, Realty Income is currently paying USD0.235 monthly dividend (4.1% pa on c.USD69 price), and there are OtM calls for August expiry for example that can be sold for up to c.USD1.05.

The two combined is a better yield than most BtL, with virtually no transaction costs and no tenancy/management headaches.
(y) Covered calls, good for a bearish or sideways market.

For sure, owning a property as an investment is and will be a good idea for making passive money. For example, houses, imagine investing in some houses and then renting them. It is an excellent way to make a large amount of money. I say this from my personal experience. I have two houses that I bought from a company that has house and land packages. They have perfect offers and are not so expensive. Now I am renting both, and I have already redeemed my money. I will always say that investing in real estate is an excellent way to have a good income. If you want to invest, don't hesitate to try.
Hi, could you let me know the name of the company you bought the properties from and the city or area the properties are located at? I am always interested on investment opportunities. Thanks