Profitable support trading on indices Dow ,dax ,Nasdaq and s&p

thanks for clearing that all up. thats a shame you couldn't find a way from trading breakouts. I trade them all the time, with an overall 60% hit rate going back the last 11 years. each to their own.

now you say 75% is profitable, what are we talking about now? where did 75% come from?

When I used to monitor them for for high probability trades forward testing signals , I could see 75 % hit rate based on entry.When humans tried to tried them ,results were break even/losses ,the results dropped due to psychology emotions ,stress , personality ,mistakes etc.It is a complex subject .

When I used to monitor them for for high probability trades forward testing signals , I could see 75 % hit rate based on entry.When humans tried to tried them ,results were break even/losses ,the results dropped due to psychology emotions ,stress , personality ,mistakes etc.It is a complex subject .

great thanks for that, now going back to your revised first post

you say "This is not a breakout strategy ,only 10 % are uptrend trades"
so 90% are downtrend trades? would you not go with the overall trend?

my head is spinning... 80%, almost 80%, 90%, 95%, 40%???
how about x% = log (95/80)cosine(40*ndozen threads created)) divided by 1600 posts...
just as good IMHO

Peter

my head is spinning... 80%, almost 80%, 90%, 95%, 40%???
how about x% = log (95/80)cosine(40*ndozen threads created)) divided by 1600 posts...
just as good IMHO

Peter

Go to Elite trader to join Julien under a new alias , he has the answer.:LOL::LOL:
Impatient little traders are on Elite except jon.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tec...market-timing-versus-predicting-roulette.html

You only take 10 pips:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

because you trade loss aversion

Julien told me

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...224286-loss-aversion-trading.html#post2919908

Last edited:
great thanks for that, now going back to your revised first post

you say "This is not a breakout strategy ,only 10 % are uptrend trades"
so 90% are downtrend trades? would you not go with the overall trend?

Markets trend about 20% of the time and spend the other 80% grinding through trading ranges, pullbacks and other counter trend action that tests boundaries. Price rate of change rises in trends, attracting the trend trader and falls in trading ranges, attracting the swing trader.

80 % are ranging market trades i.e buy at supports , 40 % move is from top to bottom ,40 % move is from bottom to top ,

Don’t focus on making money, focus on protecting what you have.

Paul Tudor Jones

This way option protects most of my capital

Dow entries are 21300 and lower at 21250

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 358
some idiot posted on this thread that 80% of all breakouts fail to materialise
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technical-analysis/223916-wot-happens-next-9.html#post2911962

and yet your strategy here is a breakout strategy

are you going to post trades here to prove that 80% of your positions aren't going to materialise. Can you show us your account so we can see it going down

or are you suggesting that 80% of all breakouts don't actually fail?
now, this presupposes of course that you knew/know what a breakout is
I suspect you don't :whistling

here images to clarify entry.These are added to first post

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 368
  • dax trend.jpg
    dax trend.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 357
The first trade is likely to be a long on DOW or Dax , because of trend breakout.

I prefer to buy lower at support.

When we have 3 consecutive positive 15 min bars forming a straight line ,we buy with stop below line.

Attachments

• tbo.jpg
    tbo.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 344