Printer/Scanner

oatman

2,879 22
Any advice on buying printer/scanners combined please? Not Lexmark, the ink's too expensive. I think a Canon or Epson.
thank you,

oatman

2,879 22
Thanks but I think that's too much ££. I'm helping a friend set up his first 'puter. Got to keep everything ££ under control :cool:

oatman

2,879 22
Thanks CM, that's nearer the ££. Are they basic OK machines? Don't want to lose too much quality for price :cheesy: Also what do you think of the combo units?

just found Epson CX3200 for £86.95 on Dabs

fazalv

123 1
HP psc1205

This baby outperforms its expensive rivals.

Approx £90 from Comet, Simply and Amazon.

Rave reviews.

oatman

2,879 22
Looks a good 'un. I'll let my friend decide but having been ripped off on ink with Lexmark, I note that Epson ink is cheaper :cheesy:
Thanks for help.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
You can get Epson "compatible inks for around 1/3 rd the price of genuines. Probems? Yes, they will clog if not used regularly- once or twice a week at least. The colurs are not as vibrant as genuine Epsons- not a good choice if you want faithful photgraphic quality reproduction. Otherwise perfectly good.Here's a tip- IF you use compatible cartridges, don't tell Epson service if something goes wrong under warranty- just put back the originals otherwise they will say you have invalidated the warranty- read the small print!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock