XX!!!?? Printer

neil

Legendary member
Help please.
I have an Epson DX4400 printer that worked OK. Now it tells me(Having changed inks) that it cannot print "Spooler not working,"
Then it tells me I have to find a printer ( I had just re-installed printer bits - my printer showed up here but on subsequent efforts it disappeared, hence the "find a printer" message)
Tried pressing the prompt "Find a printer" but message re-appears, " Spooler not working."
:mad:

Try this:

Go to start>run then type in "services.msc"

Scroll down to "print spooler". Right click, stop. Then click on restart and see if that does anything.

Hiya neil,
My DX 3850 plays up sometimes, but switching off and re-booting computer and changing USB port usually corrects it.
Don't ask me why.
Best wishes,
Richard

If none of that works. Try this.

1. open window.
2. unplug printer leads.
3. lob printer out of window.

Won't fix the printer but it will make you feel a lot better.

Or: Buy another one you tight sod.

Or: traipse down to your local art shop. Buy lots of sheets of tracing paper and coloured pencils (for your charts).

If you have to send anyone anything from your printer, tell them you can't because the year 2K problems (that no one ever suffered with in the first place) have only just hit Cornwell).

Or: Take computer back to before the problem and re install printer.

Success

Thanks everybody - I solved the problem by doing a "System Restore" back to early July and then tried the printer: it worked fine!:clap:

Amazingly wifey told me to get a new Pc. Just happened to see a Sony AR71J Laptop. Well, I ought to do as the Boss says:D

Thanks again for your responses folks.

Help please.
I have an Epson DX4400 printer that worked OK. Now it tells me(Having changed inks) that it cannot print "Spooler not working,"
Then it tells me I have to find a printer ( I had just re-installed printer bits - my printer showed up here but on subsequent efforts it disappeared, hence the "find a printer" message)
Tried pressing the prompt "Find a printer" but message re-appears, " Spooler not working."
:mad:
At times, the Print Spooler service will be stopped due to Print Spooler files that are overflowing, pending, or corrupted files. Eliminating your print spooler file will clear print jobs that are pending or too many files, or fix the corrupted files and resolve the issue.

At times, the Print Spooler service will be stopped due to Print Spooler files that are overflowing, pending, or corrupted files. Eliminating your print spooler file will clear print jobs that are pending or too many files, or fix the corrupted files and resolve the issue.
You're replying to a problem that not only was raised in 2008 but was actually solved already
What is going on with this forum?!

You're replying to a problem that not only was raised in 2008 but was actually solved already
What is going on with this forum?!
Ops I am really about this. Actually I am new to this community and didn't focus at date. Will be more careful for the next time.