Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics

gka

Established member
615 3
See? However, I'll refrain from making generalisations like:

"In summary, financial markets do not move randomly, but move about the levels determined by the VRM. "

Because it is the common concept of support and resistance known about since the times of William Peter Hamilton, Robert Rhea and E. George Schaefer nearly a hundred years ago.
Thank you for your EURUSD chart for today. Are your two levels 1.19302 and 1.19227 both pivot levels?

I attach the corresponding VRM levels for today. Weekly on top and Daily below. 30 minute candlesticks and EMA (4,7) channel. They can be found at

https://www.complexhamiltoniansystems.com/fxcharts/

until the daily levels are updated at about 11 pm GMT

Looks like EURUSD hit the weekly VRM levels at 1.1919 and 1.1917 lower than your two levels. I have the EURUSD low for today at 1.19154

Attachments

Smart_Money

24 0
Thank you for your EURUSD chart for today. Are your two levels 1.19302 and 1.19227 both pivot levels?

I attach the corresponding VRM levels for today. Weekly on top and Daily below. 30 minute candlesticks and EMA (4,7) channel. They can be found at

until the daily levels are updated at about 11 pm GMT

Looks like EURUSD hit the weekly VRM levels at 1.1919 and 1.1917 lower than your two levels. I have the EURUSD low for today at 1.19154
After going through about 4 or 5 other guesses, sorry I meant daily VRMs. I had one pivot at the location naturally (I like to keep it simple to earn money) if I simply added two more levels spaced by 5 pips below (call it margin for error like the VRMs) it would have been the same difference but less lines than the daily VRM. Well done on the weekly but it is only Tuesday so it will be interesting to read the rationalisations at the end of the week: "well, well 1919 & 1917 are only two levels from 24 yada yada yada...so it means nothing if the price goes through them...yada yada...but you see the low of the week did hit one of the myriad lines below 1917...yada yada".

This is the reason you're unable to make calls should a price hit a level and the EMA confirms, you simply do not know.

A man convinced against his will etc.

Last edited:

gka

Established member
615 3
GBP EURGBP & EURUSD results 9 Jan

I attach the GBPUSD, EURGBP & EURUSD charts using VRM predicted levels for today.

Weekly levels in the top 30 minute charts, daily levels in the bottom 30 minute charts. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Today was a good example of the effects of arbitrage within the three FX pairs.

EURGBP was trapped inside daily sentiment levels. GBPUSD followed EURUSD downwards and bounced when EURUSD bounced off weekly levels 1.1919 and 1.1917. GBPUSD was following EURUSD's lead.

There were some large gaps between VRM levels to trade between.

Predictions for tonight and tomorrow to follow.

Attachments

gka

Established member
615 3
GBPUSD predictions for 10th January

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 10th January in New York.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

Attachments

Smart_Money

24 0
I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 10th January in New York.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

A simple floor trader pivot chart attached.

Attachments

Smart_Money

24 0

Banter to one side:

When (the month) did you actually make the prediction titled "2017-10-30-GBPUSD-EURGBP" on your website?

gka

Established member
615 3
Banter to one side:

When (the month) did you actually make the prediction titled "2017-10-30-GBPUSD-EURGBP" on your website?
These charts show weekly levels with 4 hour candlesticks EMA (7,4) and were calculated after the close in New York on Friday 27 October and before the open in New York on Sunday 29 October.

gka

Established member
615 3
Can you make a CSV file of past values available to thread members so we can do our own backtests?
Yes I can make daily and weekly CSV files for GBPUSD available. It will take me a couple of days to bring together the data so I will load it on the thread at the weekend. I have been attaching 30 minute candlestick charts so 30 minute intra-day historic data will be needed if that is the back testing you want to do.

Smart_Money

24 0
Yes I can make daily and weekly CSV files for GBPUSD available. It will take me a couple of days to bring together the data so I will load it on the thread at the weekend. I have been attaching 30 minute candlestick charts so 30 minute intra-day historic data will be needed if that is the back testing you want to do.
Thank you. Yes 30 minute intra-day historic data is what I'd like.

Which algo' scripting language does CMC's system use?

gka

Established member
615 3
Thank you. Yes 30 minute intra-day historic data is what I'd like.
Maybe some confusion here. I will create CSV files of the VRM levels and the high, low and close each day. If you want to do 30 minute intra-day back testing then you will need to get that data. Or you can try any intra-day timescale you prefer such as 3 hours.

I do not use any algo scripting language in the CMC system. I just manually load the VRM levels.

Last edited:

Smart_Money

24 0
Maybe some confusion here. I will create CSV files of the VRM levels and the high, low and close each day. If you want to do 30 minute intra-day back testing then you will need to get that data. Or you can try any intra-day timescale you prefer such as 3 hours.

I do not use any algo scripting language in the CMC system. I just manually load the VRM levels.
Yes, the data is not a problem.

I'm not asking you if you trade with algos, I'm asking you does the CMC platform have an algo scripting language in case I find a set of robust rules for you to trade. If you want that is, I have a few S/R rules I use.

Last edited:

gka

Established member
615 3
Yes, the data is not a problem.

I'm not asking you if you trade with algos, I'm asking you does the CMC platform have an algo scripting language in case I find a set of robust rules for you to trade. If you want that is, I have a few S/R rules I use.
I haven't gone down the CMC scripting language route but I will investigate to see if that is possible.

gka

Established member
615 3
GBPUSD EURGBP EURUSD results for Jan 10

Last night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today. EURGBP and EURUSD VRM levels were on the website

Here are the results for the triplet GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD.

Weekly levels in the top 30 minute charts, daily levels in the bottom 30 minute charts. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

EURUSD hit weekly VRM level 1.2020.
EURGBP hit daily VRM level 0.8873
GBPUSD was supported by weekly VRM level 1.3501. And was unable to break through the highest sentiment level at 1.3564.

There were some large gaps between VRM levels to trade between.

Predictions for tonight and tomorrow to follow.

Attachments

Last edited: