Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics

Thank you. Yes 30 minute intra-day historic data is what I'd like.

Maybe some confusion here. I will create CSV files of the VRM levels and the high, low and close each day. If you want to do 30 minute intra-day back testing then you will need to get that data. Or you can try any intra-day timescale you prefer such as 3 hours.

I do not use any algo scripting language in the CMC system. I just manually load the VRM levels.

Last edited:
Maybe some confusion here. I will create CSV files of the VRM levels and the high, low and close each day. If you want to do 30 minute intra-day back testing then you will need to get that data. Or you can try any intra-day timescale you prefer such as 3 hours.

I do not use any algo scripting language in the CMC system. I just manually load the VRM levels.

Yes, the data is not a problem.

I'm not asking you if you trade with algos, I'm asking you does the CMC platform have an algo scripting language in case I find a set of robust rules for you to trade. If you want that is, I have a few S/R rules I use.

Last edited:
Yes, the data is not a problem.

I'm not asking you if you trade with algos, I'm asking you does the CMC platform have an algo scripting language in case I find a set of robust rules for you to trade. If you want that is, I have a few S/R rules I use.

I haven't gone down the CMC scripting language route but I will investigate to see if that is possible.

I haven't gone down the CMC scripting language route but I will investigate to see if that is possible.

Or you could open an account at a good ECN like IC Markets or JFD Brokers so you can use MetaTrader algos.

GBPUSD EURGBP EURUSD results for Jan 10

Last night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today. EURGBP and EURUSD VRM levels were on the website

https://www.complexhamiltoniansystems.com/fxcharts/

Here are the results for the triplet GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD.

Weekly levels in the top 30 minute charts, daily levels in the bottom 30 minute charts. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

EURUSD hit weekly VRM level 1.2020.
EURGBP hit daily VRM level 0.8873
GBPUSD was supported by weekly VRM level 1.3501. And was unable to break through the highest sentiment level at 1.3564.

There were some large gaps between VRM levels to trade between.

Predictions for tonight and tomorrow to follow.

Attachments

• 2018-01-10-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD.png
    2018-01-10-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD.png
    264.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
GBPUSD predictions for 11th January

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 11th January in New York.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

Attachments

• gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 153
GBP EURGBP & EURUSD results 11 Jan

Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute charts, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute charts. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

EURUSD rose from daily level 1.1928 and hit weekly VRM level 1.2057 on ECB news.
EURGBP rose from daily VRM level 0.8844 to weekly level 0.8903
GBPUSD followed EURUSD on the ECB news and hit the daily trend channel middle at 1.3545.

Attachments

• 2018-01-11-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD.png
    2018-01-11-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD.png
    390.2 KB · Views: 141
GBPUSD predictions for 12th January

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 12th January in New York.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

Attachments

• gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 166
I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 12th January in New York.

Hi,

Any news when you'll provide a CSV of levels?

Also, which platform do you create your charts in (the ones at www.complexhamiltoniansystems.com/fxcharts)?

Cheers

I plan on spending some time this weekend assembling the CSVs and then will upload.

The predictions chart I upload each evening is produced using software I created.

Did you use Visual Studio to create the software or some other development environment?

If it is a trivial task, I think you should consider releasing a daily CSV on your website. I don't think many folk will be keen having to trade from printouts and would probably want to do the same as you on your trading terminal. This would be easier if we are able to upload a CSV to our global variables so the levels appear on our charts. It will be time consuming to type the levels in each day. It is your call.

Last edited:
Did you use Visual Studio to create the software or some other development environment?

If it is a trivial task, I think you should consider releasing a daily CSV on your website. I don't think many folk will be keen having to trade from printouts and would probably want to do the same as you on your trading terminal. This would be easier if we are able to upload a CSV to our global variables so the levels appear on our charts. It will be time consuming to type the levels in each day. It is your call.

Good suggestion. I will need to do some coding to get the daily and weekly levels into a CSV file. At the moment I manually type the levels into my trading platform. I assume that the best trading platforms allow the user to upload their levels as CSV files so they don't have to type them in.

GBPUSD EURGBP & EURUSD results 12 Jan

THursday night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

EURGBP and EURUSD VRM levels were on the website

Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute charts, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute charts. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

EURUSD broke through the tops of long term and short term trend channels and hit daily VRM level 1.2208.
EURGBP had support at daily VRM level 0.8856 and resistance at 0.8923
GBPUSD was supported by weekly VRM level 1.3543 and rose to the top of the short term trend channel and weekly VRM level 1.3740.

Attachments

• 2018-01-12-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-30min.png
    2018-01-12-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-30min.png
    317.9 KB · Views: 143
GBPUSD predictions for 15th January

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 15th January in New York.

As requested I am working on a CSV file of all the GBPUSD predictions I have so far for back testing. I plan to have these posted here tonight or tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    57.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
GBPUSD past predictions from VRM in CSV format

I attach historic daily and weekly predictions for GBPUSD from the Volatility Response Model (VRM) in CSV format.

Each file is formatted the same way. Columns are

Date
High
Low
Close
Trend Channel Top
Trend Channel Bottom
Trend Channel Middle
24 labelled dual columns for the VRM levels.

The last records are the weekly and daily levels for today and hence the high, low, close are set to zero.

Compare these files with previous pictorial charts posted to trade2Win.

Any questions let me know. Any results let me know.

Attachments

• VRM-GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 194
  • VRM-GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 167
GBPUSD EURGBP & EURUSD results 15 Jan

Yesterday I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

EURUSD hit weekly VRM level 1.2297. I have the EURUSD daily high as 1.22971.
EURGBP daily support on level 0.8885
GBPUSD was supported by daily VRM level 1.3736. And followed EURUSD to its daily high at the same time EURUSD made its high.

Attachments

• 2018-01-15-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-30min.png
    2018-01-15-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-30min.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 145
GBPUSD predictions for 16th January

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 16th January in New York.

Attachments

• gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    56.9 KB · Views: 134
I attach historic daily and weekly predictions for GBPUSD from the Volatility Response Model (VRM) in CSV format.

Each file is formatted the same way. Columns are

Date
High
Low
Close
Trend Channel Top
Trend Channel Bottom
Trend Channel Middle
24 labelled dual columns for the VRM levels.

The last records are the weekly and daily levels for today and hence the high, low, close are set to zero.

Compare these files with previous pictorial charts posted to trade2Win.

Any questions let me know. Any results let me know.

Cheers

GBPUSD EURGBP & EURUSD results 16 Jan

Last night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

GBPUSD fell from weekly level 1.3802 to daily level 1.3751 and then rose back to weekly level 1.3796
EURUSD fell from daily level 1.2273 and then followed GBPUSD back up from its low
EURGBP moved sideways

Attachments

• 2018-01-16-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-30min.png
    2018-01-16-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-30min.png
    316.4 KB · Views: 163