Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply

...considering a lot of people balls up a good trade with their exit anyway :)

That reminds me thank you for answering my exit question on your EUR/GBP trade last week, you nailed your exits to the T.

Confession: I am "a lot of people", you refer to. I felt my pain in your above smiley!

I was doing fine on the 1hr trade exits, but converting to daily t.f exits is a struggle. Should be the same principle, maybe I need to deal with my own greed and fear with the increase in money of the larger time frame.

(y) Well done on the 1000 page once again!, great thread:clap:

Thanks Again

Ps If anyone can point me to any great exit links (that would compliment these set ups) either on T2W or the world wide wobble, then you are a real star! Thanks.

EDIT: Just noticed as well as the 1000 page this post is the 8000 reply.

Last edited:
On more serious note where is FTSE gonna open at in the morning in your opinion.

Claudia, you ask me questions like I am some kind of market oracle.

I have no idea where the market is going to open in the morning (nor, might I add, do I care ;))

If you are in it already you should have an exit plan prepared and it shouldn't matter to you in the least where it opens.

If you are not in it, then you should be reacting to the market and the price action when it does open.

I believe someone mentioned noone trading shares...maybe not, cant be bothered going back and checking anyway here is a setup on bae systems.

Don't know how visible that is...anyway am still learning...but might have a look in tomorrow.

Edit: i just wanted to add, another interpretation is that the long candle broke resistance and that line is higher up...

Attachments

• bae.jpg
    bae.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Take a good look at this...could be the step-mother of all shorts.

Dya know what it is yet ! ahahmm ahhahuggg ahhahmmm ahhahuuur.

gap up..... island cluster....gap down to 8,520 before U S opens and it's complete.

Pretty rare set ups these. lets hope it pans out.

Attachments

• potential-island-cluster-reversal.gif
    potential-island-cluster-reversal.gif
    12 KB · Views: 295
My short on goog has hit my target today. I'm out.

I've noticed that Forex Indices and commodities are favoured on this thread.
But few people trade shares....any reason for that.?

I used to trade FTSE stocks full time but i found the liquidity dried up about 3 months ago and in stocks like HSBc or Barclays there sometimes wasn't even 10000 on the bid/offer so there was too much choppiness and slippage.

Take a good look at this...could be the step-mother of all shorts.

Dya know what it is yet ! ahahmm ahhahuggg ahhahmmm ahhahuuur.

gap up..... island cluster....gap down to 8,520 before U S opens and it's complete.

Pretty rare set ups these. lets hope it pans out.

The short opportunities were plenty around resistance from 8850 (posted last week). Chasing price is fine if you have a wide stop, but even the DAX broke out of the hinge yesterday so you're not one step behind, but already two. But looking at the big picture, there could well be more in it.

The short opportunities were plenty around resistance from 8850 (posted last week). Chasing price is fine if you have a wide stop, but even the DAX broke out of the hinge yesterday so you're not one step behind, but already two. But looking at the big picture, there could well be more in it.

:LOL: i'm not behind anything...simply pointing out the purely technical set up as outlined.

The faster they fall, the harder they reverse :)

Heads up on a BIG level for Eur/Gbp at around 0.8200.

- 50% fib of whole move up starting in January 2007.
- Significant s/r zone on daily and weekly charts
- Ascending TL. If price bounced here it would mark the "technically valid" third touch.

Tom

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 331

- Ascending TL. If price bounced here it would mark the "technically valid" third touch.

Tom

Yeh I'm watching this. What kind of effect does kraut economic sentiment have on the euro as a whole? Does it move it? Big economy there, no?

Tom

Can't rep you but yep. Been short from 0.8730.

Cable entry at 09:30 for 1.6370?
Any ideas on stop?

To determine a stop you have to know your reason for getting in.

No one here can help you with a stop unless they know the answer to that question.

If you entered because:

a) at 09.30 there was a significant piece of data that you believe confirms the UK is firmly out of the recession and as such the fundamentals are now in place for a sharp move upwards in the coming months, your stop will be at a VERY DIFFERENT PLACE to if you

b) entered because there was a breakout of a flag on a 5m chart.

Before you ask others, you should look at your chart and ask yourself one very simple question:

WHERE AM I WRONG?

Status
Not open for further replies.