Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
how come?

it depends on your perspective, but given what has happened in the upmove from earlier today from both the eur/usd and the gbp/usd, it is in my opinion that cable will consolidate for a good 'few' hours, maybe '10' or so and create a flag......obviously there is a correlation between cable and the euro, so whatever i see on one could transpire to the other pair.

i may be wrong but it is taking longer to bring them down, than it is to take them up. I have my eye to the upside, on both these pairs, the end of play today will give me a better view. therefor no moer trading for me today for all these reasons

Attachments

• gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    19 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
I swear I've have the worst entry ever. Short on the close of the 2 o clock bar on the dow. Anyone think I should cut my losses on the low of the 4 o clock? Looks to me like this isnt going to pan out. I thought the datas released today would sent the dow tumbling tbh.

just a hunch/tip but i would start getting short the us indexes and hold for the next week or 2 ;)

Agree with this they are struggling to get back up through resistance, but the buyers always seem to come back in late on to prop things up. Cant go on forever though.

4hr usd/chf looks interesting -10822 is the level...roughly

unfortunately just missed a rather good entry on it though on 15min

Agree with this they are struggling to get back up through resistance, but the buyers always seem to come back in late on to prop things up. Cant go on forever though.

this call is to do with liquidity, fyi i am just passing it on this isnt my call..

I swear I've have the worst entry ever. Short on the close of the 2 o clock bar on the dow. Anyone think I should cut my losses on the low of the 4 o clock? Looks to me like this isnt going to pan out. I thought the datas released today would sent the dow tumbling tbh.

the title of this thread is potential setups, not guess where you think the markets are going by pre-empting the figures!

GBPCAD Hourly setup

GBPCAD: IB on Hourly. Off a weekly level, problem areas: 1.8405 / 1.8249. Approximate confluence with fib 50 (see weekly).

Attachments

• 2009-06-16 gbpcad h1.gif
    2009-06-16 gbpcad h1.gif
    14 KB · Views: 299
  • 2009-06-16 gbpcad w1.gif
    2009-06-16 gbpcad w1.gif
    17 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Anyone else currently short on oil, can you send me a pm? I don't normally trade it but the bearish PA from 2pm got me interested.
---
After taking that pin bar (not the best one either) was a bit nervous in that oil trade this afternoon. Couple of hours of indecision in the market followed and then she really dropped her drawers along with US stocks!

I've been break even this year until this month and this was my best day by far since starting trading, 140 pips from G/J hourly pin with s/r and fib confluence and 140 pips on the oil trade. Today was an eye-opener for me, normally I am far too impatient with moving stops or taking profit too soon but I tried to stay calm.

Sorry to gloat about green pips, I don't get to do it very often at all ;)

Last edited:
GBPCAD: IB on Hourly. Off a weekly level, problem areas: 1.8405 / 1.8249. Approximate confluence with fib 50 (see weekly).

ilplusq, the only thing I would say about this is that bear in mind what an inside bar means (e.g. volatility is decreasing) and then think about what time it is and who is in the market.

Is the bar a function of the time or is it something else?

I'm not suggesting you don't take it if you like the setup but it's something to be aware of.

Be discerning :)

ilplusq, the only thing I would say about this is that bear in mind what an inside bar means (e.g. volatility is decreasing) and then think about what time it is and who is in the market.

Is the bar a function of the time or is it something else?

I'm not suggesting you don't take it if you like the setup but it's something to be aware of.

Be discerning :)

Great tip. I have completely overlooked it. Can you give a few more specific fx examples of similar scenarios where a pattern is "a function of the time" please?

Ilya

something like the london open when the main bulk of the liquidty start doing its work.
or the closing period of us stock markets where certain moves can occur as traders square off for the day.
as well as the low activity usa lunch time.

This gave me some perspective on things (source: Wikipedia): Of the $3.98 trillion daily global turnover, trading in London accounted for around $1.36 trillion, or 34.1% of the total, making London by far the global center for foreign exchange. In second and third places respectively, trading in New York accounted for 16.6%, and Tokyo accounted for 6.0%.[4] In addition to "traditional" turnover, $2.1 trillion was traded in derivatives.

This gave me some perspective on things (source: Wikipedia): Of the $3.98 trillion daily global turnover, trading in London accounted for around $1.36 trillion, or 34.1% of the total, making London by far the global center for foreign exchange. In second and third places respectively, trading in New York accounted for 16.6%, and Tokyo accounted for 6.0%.[4] In addition to "traditional" turnover, $2.1 trillion was traded in derivatives.

I used to wonder why things tended to moved so slowly overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.