Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the eurusd trade IMO

Thats got to be long at now after that news.

Attachments

• eurgbp.JPG
    eurgbp.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 277
To determine a stop you have to know your reason for getting in.

No one here can help you with a stop unless they know the answer to that question.

If you entered because:

Both actually
a) at 09.30 there was a significant piece of data that you believe confirms the UK is firmly out of the recession and as such the fundamentals are now in place for a sharp move upwards in the coming months, your stop will be at a VERY DIFFERENT PLACE to if you
CPI figures but not in themselves a confirmation
b) entered because there was a breakout of a flag on a 5m chart.
Confirmed on the 5min

Before you ask others, you should look at your chart and ask yourself one very simple question:

Because it is quite a good and quick rise I am happy to set my stop above the entry(of 1.6370) at 1.6400

WHERE AM I WRONG?

But then I know nothing.

Last edited:
lol the funniest part of all that is I totally made up those two reasons for getting in.

Mind you, in Cable, all moves seem to start with a 5m flag.

lol the funniest part of all that is I totally made up those two reasons for getting in.

Mind you, in Cable, all moves seem to start with a 5m flag.

Amazing TD, I would have thought you would have been watching those May CPIs which were quite positive when compared to the forecasts.:)
I guess they will only offer a temporary boost anyway.

I used to trade FTSE stocks full time but i found the liquidity dried up about 3 months ago and in stocks like HSBc or Barclays there sometimes wasn't even 10000 on the bid/offer so there was too much choppiness and slippage.

Hi foredog, thats interesting, I've only recently started looking at shares for trading purposes, and traded via spreadbets. Not sure if that makes it any easier but the liquidity has prob not been such an issue. I'll see how it goes, it may be a good way to make use of an ISA too. I've known people trade PEPs/ISAs to very high levels, (of course downside there is its long trades only).

Hi foredog, thats interesting, I've only recently started looking at shares for trading purposes, and traded via spreadbets. Not sure if that makes it any easier but the liquidity has prob not been such an issue. I'll see how it goes, it may be a good way to make use of an ISA too. I've known people trade PEPs/ISAs to very high levels, (of course downside there is its long trades only).

Not true, about ISAs. You'd be amazed what you can put in them now. I have leveraged oil in mine, but you can even have short normal/leveraged ETFs in all sorts - gold, oil, corn, FTSE

Not true, about ISAs. You'd be amazed what you can put in them now. I have leveraged oil in mine, but you can even have short normal/leveraged ETFs in all sorts - gold, oil, corn, FTSE

Whats the point? you can only earn a few k tax free in an isa so why not just trade your funds properly?

Not the place for this discussion actually lol.

Thanks Xeno,
I'll have to look into that.

Whats the point? you can only earn a few k tax free in an isa so why not just trade your funds properly?

Not the place for this discussion actually lol.

AM, I've known people trade execution only PEPs/ISAs from several thousand to several hundreds of thousands. Once at that level the tax benefits really matter.
But you're right for the average joe the ISA investment tax benefit may not be what its all cracked up to be.

AM, I've known people trade execution only PEPs/ISAs from several thousand to several hundreds of thousands. Once at that level the tax benefits really matter.
But you're right for the average joe the ISA investment tax benefit may not be what its all cracked up to be.

You got hundreds of K? Give me 1000 to trade with please. Ill forward you details of my paypal account and await payment. Thanks a lot.

EUR/USD pin bar on the 1hr. Through a S/R level around 1.39 from a while back (left shoulder in late may), also through the 50% (or 38.2%, depending on where you've drawn it from) fib level.

Short position would be favoured too, given the recent head and shoulders, although it didn't take too strongly to the break of 1.38 yesterday...

Also, apologies about the messy looking chart.

Attachments

• EURUSD3.jpg
    EURUSD3.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 294
it looks like that head and shoulders pattern on the Eur/Usd which everyone is talking about may not materialise after today. thats just what worried me, that everyone was looking at it.

a potential two bar(daily) reversal looks like it is in play from a strong support level, a potential upside break through a 'major' neckline.

the euro is looking very bullish over the longer term

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 250
cable is also looking very bullish over the longer term,

A potential cup and the handle is forming, a break to the upside through a major S/R pivot would confirm this, with a potential upside target of 1.7840ish

Attachments

• gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 267
Still 10 hours left in the day...

i dont think we are going to see much more today from the Euro/Usd, and i am certainly not looking to make a trade to the short side I have already been burnt attempting this.

I have retreated back to my spire to view this thing from a distance again.I always get ****ed when I get too close

Status
Not open for further replies.