Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming: EURUSD

The way I see it: price broke the Daily TL and opened the door to the upside. Where it may turn around:
- recent high of 1.3580 my be tested again, and there is confluence with 50% fib from December high. If it falls:
- the next big area marked yellow on the chart: 38.2 fib from major high in June 2008, which sits right on top of 1.3739 which was solid resistance in March and may hold again.
- just above it is 1.3882 - a strong weekly pivot, and there is confluence with 61% fib from Dec highs.

Chart: the dashed lines are levels which may become significant.

Attachments

• 2009-05-08 eurusd d1.gif
    2009-05-08 eurusd d1.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 2009-05-08 eurusd d1-2.gif
    2009-05-08 eurusd d1-2.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
As you will all know, I try to work out a game plan ahead of each day so I am fully prepared and have setups to focus on.

Here are the markets that I think are offering the best opportunities for tomorrow:

Good trading.

-Tom

Hey Tom, thanks for sharing. I must make more of a habit to actually write down what my plan of action is for the next day and week. Religiously sticking to a trading plan was a bit of a struggle when I started trading, but I am now much more obedient :LOL: to my trading plan. If I can get into the habit of making a daily action plan, I think things can only improve.

I must agree with previous posts about this having become a thread of identifying pin bars, rather than potential set-ups; and I am probably guilty of that too :whistling

I think there would be much more benefit to all frequenters of this thread if people started or finished their trading day by sharing some charts with their ideas of SRs and TLs and which ones they are looking closely at, just like you have done in your post (bbmac is very good at doing this too, cudos!!!).

As an inexperienced trader I always find it interesting to see where the experienced guys and gals here have drawn their lines, and then comparing them to my own. As has been said before, identifying a pin bar is simple, it's all down to where they appear.

I will try and get into the habit of writing up a daily plan and posting it here for others to give feedback or laugh at :p

Have a good weekend.

Later,

Chris

on usdjpy now. 30 min pin, also maybe likely becoming 1hr pin.
right on trendline support and at 50% retracement on the recent swing.
taking it. 30min pin is just 18 pips. potentially good r:r

30m?!

I'm short from the 2pm IB that broke lower.

Trying to get into this big daily H&S.

Not interested in Nicolas inverted one...

That might be to my detriment.

The way I see it: price broke the Daily TL and opened the door to the upside. Where it may turn around:
- recent high of 1.3580 my be tested again, and there is confluence with 50% fib from December high. If it falls:
- the next big area marked yellow on the chart: 38.2 fib from major high in June 2008, which sits right on top of 1.3739 which was solid resistance in March and may hold again.
- just above it is 1.3882 - a strong weekly pivot, and there is confluence with 61% fib from Dec highs.

Nice clear chart with really good levels...good stuff dude.

Hmm, you might want to double check some other charting tools. My SB charting tool and Pro Real Time do not show that spike around 23 December. My charts show that price broke the TL at the start of May.

Attachments

• EURUSD.gif
    EURUSD.gif
    42.9 KB · Views: 123
Now here is a man that is unafraid to fade daily pin bars.

Never thought I'd find one of those. :)

lol,got any views on fading PB,S.

ps im happy with my position,you probably know my view is taken off the weekly chart i put on geckos thread.

Hmm, you might want to double check some other charting tools. My SB charting tool and Pro Real Time do not show that spike around 23 December. My charts show that price broke the TL at the start of May.

DOHH!!!!!!!
I take all that back, I misread my own chart :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You are absolutely right with your chart!!

sigh. cant believe im holding a eurjpy long before nfp instead of eurusd.
and the damn usdjpy is likely going down to form its H&S.

hello guys i m intereseted in what people thought sare on technical analysis
which companies you use and which stand out for value for money

Yesterday's EURAUD Daily setup - not for me, but still.

Yesterday's EURAUD: I see another (short) leg up. The price was rejected forming a weekly pivot at 1.7423, resulting in a Daily pinbar (hasn't triggered yet). However, I see a limited upside for this setup: recent resistance @ 1.7986 is begging to be tested from below, and the dashed "semi-TL" may become a real TL. Therefore I will pass on it. Anyone shares this view?

-Ilya

Attachments

• 2009-05-08 euraud d1.gif
    2009-05-08 euraud d1.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 2009-05-08 euraud w1-2.gif
    2009-05-08 euraud w1-2.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
hello guys i m intereseted in what people thought sare on technical analysis
which companies you use and which stand out for value for money

Best company for technical analysis is your own company :!:

I don't think anyone here will advocate paying for technical analysis. If you are looking for info on charting SW, then I think you don't really need to be paying for that, there are plenty of free charting tools. ProRealTime is excellent and free for daily EOD prices. Quite a few people here use Matatrader, but I have no experience of it. You can also check out charting tools that are offered by the various SB firms.

gbpusd

Price has entered the previous swing hi=previous resistance=potential resistance zone on the Daily chart after a strong post NFP move up in gbpusd. There is a 23.6% fib of the total recent 2.1162-1.3505 fall at 5300 area in that wide zone.

2yo7uhi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.