Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soros!!!

Also check my other thread. "Whats propping it up?" Its in general chat. It's gotta be the worst example of fundamental ever seen on T2W

wtf is NFP

Dude I don't meant to be rude because I don't trade fundamentals but if you are asking questions like "what is NFP?" and "what time is it released?" (presuming you are not taking the p*ss), you really don't have any business trading...

You lot still not liking a short usd/jpy? Restricted demand from America so stronger yen could recoup some extra noodle monies... h&s ish at supp turned res...

only thing I'm weary of is the action in the past months has been somewhat normal compared to most pairs and the bottom of this huge channel has already been hit.

any ideas?

Anyone have any news on japan?

I actually see an inverse h&s on the daily. Its not my favourite pattern tho and buying means into the 99.50 &100 level.
A pass for me

I think what he means is your taking about trading fundamentals but then don't know what one of them is.

bit like talking about driving but not knowing what a handbrake is.

Excuse me Mr Dante I have a job. We can't all dedicate all of our waking lives to the markets. I've been live 5 weeks and I'm still learning. Do you expect me to know how to trade the results and take home 1k too? Cheezuz. Plus I lost my economic calendar link.

Maybe you should ask your boss for advice, I'm sure he'd be happy to help you during working hours.:sneaky:

nfp #

NFP headline # not as bad as forecast but still well north of -500k jobs with negative revisions to last months already bad #, now -699k, a big manuf job loss and un-emp rate now -8.9%.

G/L

NFP headline # not as bad as forecast but still well north of -500k jobs with negative revisions to last months already bad #, now -699k, a big manuf job loss and un-emp rate now -8.9%.

G/L

A good indicator came from Radio 1 of all places yesterday - they reported that the truck hauling / driving business in the UK was the worst affected industry branch in the current downturn.

This could act as a good fwd indicator much the same as the DJ Transport Index I guess - if there are truck firms going bust then the raw resources are not going into the factories and the manafactured goods are not being delivered to the shops.

This means there still must be little demand from the shoppers. All points to further pain to come IMO. (Although the markets are fwd leaning and one might argue that this had already been priced in?) -Still, I reckon we'll get some bad profit figures this year so how the market is expected to rise in light of this is beyond my economic learnings!!

Not the right thread to ask but seeing as the majority of us use metatrader I know I will get a quick response.
When I compare my metatrader charts to my sierra charts feed, the candles on all time frames are twenty seconds late on metatrader. This is causing anomalies especially when trading sub 1 hr tf's.
Can anyone assist?

Not the right thread to ask but seeing as the majority of us use metatrader I know I will get a quick response.
When I compare my metatrader charts to my sierra charts feed, the candles on all time frames are twenty seconds late on metatrader. This is causing anomalies especially when trading sub 1 hr tf's.
Can anyone assist?

that sounds good? find a broker that uses the same laggy metatrader feed then you abitrage off the sierra chart feed.

that sounds good? find a broker that uses the same laggy metatrader feed then you abitrage off the sierra chart feed.

the price is not delayed by twenty seconds but the close of candle is delayed by twenty seconds. This is occurring with 2 metatrader brokers.

A good indicator came from Radio 1 of all places yesterday - they reported that the truck hauling / driving business in the UK was the worst affected industry branch in the current downturn.

This could act as a good fwd indicator much the same as the DJ Transport Index I guess - if there are truck firms going bust then the raw resources are not going into the factories and the manafactured goods are not being delivered to the shops.

This means there still must be little demand from the shoppers. All points to further pain to come IMO. (Although the markets are fwd leaning and one might argue that this had already been priced in?) -Still, I reckon we'll get some bad profit figures this year so how the market is expected to rise in light of this is beyond my economic learnings!!

Yeh haulage industry a good leading indicator. If less wheels are turning it means less product being made/sold, so likely a slow down in economy etc.

eur/aud daily

Anyone following Eur/Aud daily pin - recent break. Can't paste chart but would appreciate comments. Pin has formed in a good position with first major resistance around 18000 mark (~220 pips away).

Yeh haulage industry a good leading indicator. If less wheels are turning it means less product being made/sold, so likely a slow down in economy etc.

Would that still apply in western economies? In UK Financial Services are responsible for like 70% GDP and we're a major importer.

Dax

Depending on where the US markets take us this afternoon / Monday, the Dax looks to be approaching a fairly important area where the trend line from the 2007 highs meets previous resistance and potentially psychologically important area of 5000.....

090508 - DAILY A.jpg

090508 - DAILY B.jpg

gbpusd

Uncertain reaction to NFP in gbpusd. A knee jerk sell $ met resistance at the level circled on 1hr chart below. it was a previous swing hi=prev res but did not hold again as resistance or indeed rbs, so had removed it from my consideration.

Price has sold down from that 5120 area and is now finding some support at the
previous swing hi=prev resistance=potential rbs zone (5051-33) in whish the 50% of the 4944-5120 and Daily pivot reside. The zone isshown in 1hr pic below.

G/L

nlqrrr.gif

Eur Aud (pa - 08 05 09)

Anyone following Eur/Aud daily pin - recent break. Can't paste chart but would appreciate comments. Pin has formed in a good position with first major resistance around 18000 mark (~220 pips away).

Hi UK Sm

I haven't been opened yet:

best
Paul

Attachments

• eur aud daily 060509.gif
    eur aud daily 060509.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 159
Sab Miller FTSE stock - Im short from yesterday @ 1243

Daily pin at weekly 61.8 fib Oct 07 high / Oct 08 low.

Confluence with Previous res level Sep 08.

Stop is in above L/R eyes of Daily pin at 1252. Target area 1180.

Attachments

• img_12417889453687.gif
    img_12417889453687.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

If I was in I'd be short till 175 based on the downtrend continuing and all the hourly tops that started yesterday. This NFP is major news for USD so most of the challelling of the past 48hrs is probably due to uncertainty IMO.
I'm no whizz though so...

Status
Not open for further replies.