Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• gyh1.gif
    gyh1.gif
    71.4 KB · Views: 185
i've been in a euro short for a while. now at b/e. target is pivot at 3371. if it wasn't for nfp i'd let it ride.

no - I sold the 1st Daily pin before it broke and then the 2nd Pin almost broke the top of the 1st so closed out at a loss. :-(

just goes to show how you shouldn't break the rules.

I trust everyone is enjoying USDCAD shanking lower, because we all sold the daily rejection bars back in April :) :) :)

My position went 62 pips into profit. At its lowest point, despite there being support, you can see a H&S had developed so I decided to try and sit through a bounce and ended up taking a 20 pip loser.

That's the nature of the game for me.

As i'm sure i've stated on here before, totally agree if you're shooting for 200+ pips, if you're shooting for 75pips then in my opinion you've f**ked it.

no - I sold the 1st Daily pin before it broke and then the 2nd Pin almost broke the top of the 1st so closed out at a loss. :-(
just goes to show how you shouldn't break the rules.

I have had my ass kicked this week for breaking some rules, we all do.

Are you only on daily trades?
There have been some good candles (hourly pins and 4hrly IB's off levels) on the hourly and 4hrly to get back in or add this week, all with the trend.

You lot still not liking a short usd/jpy? Restricted demand from America so stronger yen could recoup some extra noodle monies... h&s ish at supp turned res...

only thing I'm weary of is the action in the past months has been somewhat normal compared to most pairs and the bottom of this huge channel has already been hit.

any ideas?

Anyone have any news on japan?

You lot still not liking a short usd/jpy? Restricted demand from America so stronger yen could recoup some extra noodle monies... h&s ish at supp turned res...

only thing I'm weary of is the action in the past months has been somewhat normal compared to most pairs and the bottom of this huge channel has already been hit.

any ideas?

Anyone have any news on japan?

Since when did anyone make money on fundamentals? ;)

The chart suggests to me that the short side will be the most profitable and there are many good entries in terms of R:R.

I'll be on the sidelines until NFP though.

Soros!!!

Also check my other thread. "Whats propping it up?" Its in general chat. It's gotta be the worst example of fundamental ever seen on T2W

wtf is NFP

NFP= not for profit.

mind you curly at fx bootcamp often does vids on how to trade it.

Speaking of NFP, - anyone got any plans to join the circus!? ie any plans to take/hold a position before it.

Gone are the days when an effective straddle could be placed with a broker (slippage/spread widening etc) ahead of it. I once thought I was clever and went long futures short cash on 2 instruments and got in all kinds of difficulty in the heat of the moment as my brain turned to jelly. Luckily not too much damage done but a real lesson learned way back when. One of the only times I got it right ahead of it was when I noticed that the newsfeeds were bigging up Snow's (the then U.s treasury sec) round of interviews scheduled for when the data was released, and I thought that he wouldn't drag his sorry ass round the business channels to talk up a good number, it could do that itself without govt spin, so it must be bad number-shorted $ and did good. Nowadays the only trade I will get involved with in the immediate aftermath is a thrust candle on 5min + (spreads allowing) or buy/sell the first pullback to sbr/rbs on a definate uni-directional market response to it (other conditions allowing and in place)

Happy days, Good luck whatever your strat.

Im buying up a long position now in the US 10 year, avergaging in with a market stop just below my level.

Status
Not open for further replies.