Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crude ...

This is US crude (WTI) daily.
Tom's list was great but Im adding this one to mine. If the indices continue to pull back and the dollar strengthens a bit then I think this one looks really good.

This is the highest price crude has been this year.

Attachments

• wti  nic.gif
    wti nic.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Sorry. You're right. Hormonal moment. Tradedays: thank you for your kind words. Call me a drama queen.

P.S. I notice Phil got banned. It was about time. lol

Tom,

Why did Phil get banned. Whats he been up to.

Can someone tell me what thread he was causing havoc on.

Ged

re: End of the thread

There is no doubt that TD's contribution is a primary factor for the success of the site as a whole. From education, rapport, advertising revenue, the two TD threads tick all the boxes. So, if this really is the end of the road, hats off.

We have all heard the saying "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day...". Pin bars and Inside bars off significant levels are a fish, not a net. IMO there will be two classifications of your subscribers - those that eat the fish provided, and those that have followed your example and learned to catch their own. As Arabian likes to say, it's "economic evolution".

I think the post you sight as reason for stopping the thread illustrates this perfectly; there are those that look for the fish, and there are those that build the net. Simple evolution.

Good pair of threads, magnificent contribution. If Pin Bars don't work, then fade them.

TD, you've added so much to the trading community. You've shown me the light as far as whats possible with "less is more" as far as pin bars and other PA at key levels. I still have a long ways to go in patience and letting trades play out (still need someone to hold my hand while I hold my balls LOL), but I will get there because I've seen you do it.

I've only recently started following this thread, think it is quality and obviously TD's contribution has been top notch. Keep it coming, F*ck the other thread dissing the pins.

Also watching natural Gas very closely and believe it may be time for the trend to reverse!

This is US crude (WTI) daily.
Tom's list was great but Im adding this one to mine. If the indices continue to pull back and the dollar strengthens a bit then I think this one looks really good.

This is the highest price crude has been this year.

Daily bar for crude on my charting package isnt as convincing.
Just a heads up........

could someone help me please i am using the ig charts and i am trying to set up m average
nbr = days which i set at 20
horizontal shift (what do i set this at as i m not sure)
vertical shift (same applies i m nt sure)

could someone advise me please

also do i need to to set fast slow and expotential on the ig charts there is dema and tema could you explain exactly what they mean
thank you in advance

Gbpusd

Cable finds support at y/day's Lo being the 23.6% of the 4106-5195 rise and swing hi from 06/April (not shown on 1hr chart below) A recovery now up to the 50% fib of the y/day's fall. U.s NFP later with some UK PPi data at 0930am London.

Under that 4940 low and the following fibs (not on the 1hr chart below)are present:

4940 23.6% fib 4106-5195
4891 38.2% 4396-5195
4833 23.6% 3652-5195
4798 23.6% 3505-5195
4797 50%4396-5195
4782 38.2% 4106-5195
4704 61.8% 4396-5195
4653 50% 4106-5195

G/L

inzr6a.gif

Correction to post #6806 above

Sorry for any confusion, one of my fibs had slipped, should read;

4940 23.6% 4106-5195

4910 38.2% 4396-5195

4833 23.6% 3652-5195

4809 50% 4396-5195
4798 23.6% 3505-5195
4782 38.2% 4106-5195

4711 61.8% 4396-5195

4653 50% 4106-5195

4608 38.2% 3652-5195
4591 76.4% 4396-5195

Someone recently asked about what was the most number of pips anyone has given back to the market...I usually give back quite a few so I can't really answer that.

I just don't exit unless I really feel there is a valid reason that fits MY criteria.

Here is an example from last night...

There is, as discussed, a daily pin on GBP/JPY. I noticed an IB on the hourly sitting on a good s/r pivot.

I played a break of that to the downside. (You'll note it triggered to the upside first but I put the order in to short just before I fell asleep - otherwise I probably would have pulled it)

My position went 62 pips into profit. At its lowest point, despite there being support, you can see a H&S had developed so I decided to try and sit through a bounce and ended up taking a 20 pip loser.

That's the nature of the game for me.

Attachments

• gbp.gif
    gbp.gif
    24 KB · Views: 226
Your posts are good but I swear to god I get a headache looking at your fibs lol

Lol, Yeh that's the thing with fibs as opposed to previous price pivots (represented by previous obvious swing hi/lo's) they don't actually tell you where support or resistance was, just where others might enter the market on a pullback/extension of move. I operate off a 1min trigger so for me as much pertinent supp/res info as I need is important and just looking for confluence of fibs and trend lines with price pivots.

On another subject; U.s NFP later, another big drop in employed numbers forecast and as usual revisions to previous numbers and the change in un-emp rate (big jump forecast) are the other things to look for over the headline number, as well as any big deviation from forecast numbers.

G/L

28ryt91.gif

Someone recently asked about what was the most number of pips anyone has given back to the market...I usually give back quite a few so I can't really answer that.

I just don't exit unless I really feel there is a valid reason that fits MY criteria.

There is, as discussed, a daily pin on GBP/JPY. I noticed an IB on the hourly sitting on a good s/r pivot.

I played a break of that to the downside. (You'll note it triggered to the upside first but I put the order in to short just before I fell asleep - otherwise I probably would have pulled it)

My position went 62 pips into profit. At its lowest point, despite there being support, you can see a H&S had developed so I decided to try and sit through a bounce and ended up taking a 20 pip loser.

Started reading up on IB's this week, that pair is at a great level, it just doesn't seem to be getting the whole going down thing just yet...I guess it's simply still countertrend to short

Nfp

Speaking of NFP, - anyone got any plans to join the circus!? ie any plans to take/hold a position before it.

Gone are the days when an effective straddle could be placed with a broker (slippage/spread widening etc) ahead of it. I once thought I was clever and went long futures short cash on 2 instruments and got in all kinds of difficulty in the heat of the moment as my brain turned to jelly. Luckily not too much damage done but a real lesson learned way back when. One of the only times I got it right ahead of it was when I noticed that the newsfeeds were bigging up Snow's (the then U.s treasury sec) round of interviews scheduled for when the data was released, and I thought that he wouldn't drag his sorry ass round the business channels to talk up a good number, it could do that itself without govt spin, so it must be bad number-shorted $ and did good. Nowadays the only trade I will get involved with in the immediate aftermath is a thrust candle on 5min + (spreads allowing) or buy/sell the first pullback to sbr/rbs on a definate uni-directional market response to it (other conditions allowing and in place)

Happy days, Good luck whatever your strat.

Did you take the 10am GJ trade?

Speaking of NFP, - anyone got any plans to join the circus!? ie any plans to take/hold a position before it.

Gone are the days when an effective straddle could be placed with a broker (slippage/spread widening etc) ahead of it. I once thought I was clever and went long futures short cash on 2 instruments and got in all kinds of difficulty in the heat of the moment as my brain turned to jelly. Luckily not too much damage done but a real lesson learned way back when. One of the only times I got it right ahead of it was when I noticed that the newsfeeds were bigging up Snow's (the then U.s treasury sec) round of interviews scheduled for when the data was released, and I thought that he wouldn't drag his sorry ass round the business channels to talk up a good number, it could do that itself without govt spin, so it must be bad number-shorted $ and did good. Nowadays the only trade I will get involved with in the immediate aftermath is a thrust candle on 5min + (spreads allowing) or buy/sell the first pullback to sbr/rbs on a definate uni-directional market response to it (other conditions allowing and in place)

Happy days, Good luck whatever your strat.

Thanks BBMAC, new to NFP day but sounds like it can be a bit of a bloodbath, so I think I'll sit this one out - only got one small position left open anyway and thats at BE - maybe it's time to go cut the grass....Tractors fixed! whooppee!

Status
Not open for further replies.