Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.

So I meant to ask this earlier although I forgot.

On some charting providers there is two lines over the weekend gap.

This provider decides to start their feed at 00:00. While this ODL one starts earlier (22:00).

What is the point in the lines? What happens at these times?

5m example and a really old example on 1h:

Attachments

• cable hourly.jpg
    cable hourly.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 143
  • 5masdasdasjoghd.jpg
    5masdasdasjoghd.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 169
Ok.

On some charting providers there is two lines over the weekend gap.

This provider decides to start their feed at 00:00. While this ODL one starts earlier (22:00).

What is the point in the lines? What happens at these times?

As far as I can see the lines just separate off the days, as is normal - there is two hours of data only on the Sunday night, from 2200-2400. This assumes that the data feed stopped at 2100 on Friday night. My memory is that IG used to quote prices up to 2200 or 2215 on Friday night (when US and UK daylight clocks have both changed for Summer/Winter. which is NOT the case at present) though I cannot remember if the charts also updated to as late as that.

Gbp:usd

We've had three hits on the support and resistance on the hourly (attached)...

Could we be heading up after this?

Edit: Just seen it has continued the upward trendline.

Attachments

• s&r.gif
    s&r.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
This is a little pre-emptive as there is still an hour to go...but the equities are "pinning" on the daily after this rally of the past few days. I've scanned them all and my favourite is the CAC 40 (qui Monsieur!)

Previous lows, 50% fib retracement and yes...you guessed it...the infamous pin bar.

One for tomorrow, for me.

First target would be the lows...

Attachments

• cac.gif
    cac.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 297
Can't see a copyright on this and he advocates sharing!! Some of you may find it very useful?
Happy reading.

Attachments

• 3961052[1]200 self help hints.pdf
    107.4 KB · Views: 349
Interesting read - well spotted- a compendium of wisdom some might say

I have a couple more; 2 are very useful for traders suffering with the mind-games. I can't see a copyright on them but they are affiliated with web links at the bottom. Will these be OK to post?

usdyen building up to make it's decision. The MAs are packed on the 1hr/4hr. We have a kinda weekly pin followed by what can only be described as a near-dragonfly doji or maybe a spinning top.
I'm still bearish short term. Daily Shooting Star forming too. Will wait for tomorrow but I'm short anyplace (have been all day ) with stop at 98.70. This pair has been hard to read of late. I guess the smart money has follwed the momentum eslewhere for a while? :)

Bund is "sh_tting"........ as TraderDante would say,...... the daily pins on dow / s&p might not be ready quite yet. I dont think getting short will be that "easy". There has got to be a rattle....... considering every granma dog and auntie is looking to sell the market.

I am standing aside for now.

Looking on the 24 hour charts this morning the indices seem to forming the right shoulders of head and shoulders on 4H and below. The possible necklines suggest a lower entry than the pins. I guess this means a little less risk but also a little less reward?

This is a little pre-emptive as there is still an hour to go...but the equities are "pinning" on the daily after this rally of the past few days. I've scanned them all and my favourite is the CAC 40 (qui Monsieur!)

One for tomorrow, for me.

First target would be the lows...

nice one td,this is what i was waiting for

Now you'll soon see why understanding market behaviour is more important than trading mechanically ;)

Last edited:
Good free pdf file here for the trader needing a little 'mind' direction. Some really good tips in here that most will ignore, lose and account or two and then come back and write 'They were right you know....'; trust me; I've been there!!

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/DayTradingMind.pdf

The site is good for checking the hrly/daily charts too should you be at work and hidden behind a firewall. The charts update every TF (so the hrly updates every hr) and there's even a 1m TF for all you scalpers.

Enjoy.

Hello there,
Is this a fakeout on the USDCHF preceding a possible move upwards when the trendline is tested again?

USDCHF 090317.jpg

Cheers
Rob

Anyone shorting the CAC, be careful, as the point where the daily pin triggers you have an hourly UPTREND, an S/R pivot and a gap fill. The chances of a short term reversal are high. Best play would be once it has triggered to sell a rally into 2770 or wait for a break and retest.

Attachments

• cac.gif
    cac.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 204
I never trade mechanically...I just look for setups...then use discretion. If it feels right, I trade it, if it doesn't I don't!

Not saying you are, but others might be... based on what you said yesterday... with regards to the "infamous" bar :)

Status
Not open for further replies.