Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah ok

what do you trade?

FTSE/DOW/Forex and now due to Mr Dante - the "Bund"...

Dont ask me what it is. I haven't the faintest clue.

If you are new to this forum please search for newbie related threads, they have lot of valuable information and links to other threads from the gurus on these boards.

I'll PM you a link to one of such.

PM= Private Message

FTSE/DOW/Forex and now due to Mr Dante - the "Bund"...

Dont ask me what it is. I haven't the faintest clue.

Mate, you're a legend. This is a funny post and reminds me of something that happened to me once.

I heard someone talk about the Bund, I had no idea what it was but it sounded like it had a funny name...so I just pulled up a chart....I saw that it worked well technically with regards to price and levels, so I watched it and then started trading it.

I made good money out of it but still had no idea what it was or what really caused it to move lol

Anyway, one night I was out and I got introduced to this FIT girl who turned out to be a HUGE Bund trader - apparently one of the biggest in the world - so her friends said. She worked at an IB anyway and was extremely successful.

Anyway, there was all this talk all about yield curves and 2 year, 5 year spread blah, blah...I didn't have a clue what she was on about but it was very funny, telling her that I sold such and such a level, covered lower...etc etc...acting like it was the easiest thing in the world which I honestly thought it was...and seeing the look on her face.

I've always been gobsmacked when I read posts about ex-locals on elitetrader etc from prop houses that were forced out of their jobs because of the flipper that made their life hell in the Bund...guess that's what happens when you play for a tick in a scalp...

I know trading isn't easy but I honestly think the Bund is one of the easier markets. It is certainly one of the main markets I consistently take profits from...

So I can give them back in things like Soybeans and, for a long while, the Dow...

Hahaha ;)

Last edited:
Gold

Looks like a pin bar on gold H1 -- possible reversal off the 935 S/R level.
Confluence with 61% fib from peak.

Maybe a short term trade only however ...pulling out on the H1 chart looks like a
H&S developing...

(sorry can't post a chart right now)

Anyway, one night I was out and I got introduced to this FIT girl who turned out to be a HUGE Bund trader - apparently one of the biggest in the world - so her friends said. She worked at an IB anyway and was extremely successful.

Nice call re: Bunds... but what we all really want to know is (edit: use your imagination - jon).

Well?

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - I wrote that before omni. Fo Sho Bro is from a drunken trader vid i watched. It means:

Fake out Shakeout Breakout.

It breaks, pulls back to the previous level then the real move begins.

Hope you guys got some decent moves from the news.

Bund update...

So it looks to have bounced from the ~38% Fib level.

Now since Bund and FTSE can't tank together, one scenario could be Bund going up again
and FTSE testing support... or another of the Bund tanking to test 50% fib level while DOW/FTSE jump up.

Lets see how all this pans out by 20:45 UK time today !

bund_26feb2009_001.gif

There is an hourly pin on the US 10 year right at the 50% of the whole move up on the daily TF.

This is bad news for bond shorts...it looks like a cracking long opportunity.

Bund update...

So it looks to have bounced from the ~38% Fib level.

Now since Bund and FTSE can't tank together, one scenario could be Bund going up again
and FTSE testing support... or another of the Bund tanking to test 50% fib level while DOW/FTSE jump up.

Lets see how all this pans out by 20:45 UK time today !

View attachment 49900

So... my plan for the Bund is now:

a) Long Order @ 125.20, Stop 124.80, 1st target 125.50
b) Short Order @ 124.20, Stop 124.60, 1st target 123.90

There is an hourly pin on the US 10 year right at the 50% of the whole move up on the daily TF.

This is bad news for bond shorts...it looks like a cracking long opportunity.

Bad news for bond shorts = Good news for FTSE/DOW shorts

I'm loving this ATM thingy :LOL:

EURGBP RbS on 1h chart or breakout of 1h uptrend.

Cable H&S on 5m chart with a neck line on the trend through candle. breaking now... (What will the reaction to 14292 be!).

I'm outta here, had a good day and dont want to lose anything :).

Status
Not open for further replies.