Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
cable

apologies omni,i deleted that post,but regarding cable are you looking long because im looking short (and a bit fat ) with the inside bar on a 4hr chart

Attachments

• cable.gif
    cable.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 357
apologies omni,i deleted that post,but regarding cable are you looking long because im looking short (and a bit fat ) with the inside bar on a 4hr chart

Hi SuperSpurs.
I initially looked for a cable long (due to the daily pin and s/r levels) but wanted it to bread 19600 before i would have had any conviction.

Also, as Trader_Dante and yourself have said, the shorter term timeframes are looking short (and even the longer term triangle) so taking gbp long is a no.

Gold looks a far better long. Daily and hourly pins off s/r, fib levels.

Attachments

• CABLE1HR.JPG
    CABLE1HR.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 327
Can someone please tell me how to post my charts so that the chart itself appears in the thread rather than just a hyperlink to an attachment.

Thanks

GJ

Part 1 , upload your image to a image hoster i use ImageShack® - Image Hosting copy the direct link to image Url html line (last on the list down)

Part 2 Click reply to thread, put cursor wher you want the image to be inserted, then click on the insert image icon (looks like TV screen) on top of your reply box, then past in the Url http code into the box ,click OK. Jobs done.

then preview to see your work :)

For those of you who trade equities..........>>

Attachments

• ved.JPG
    ved.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 359
AUD/NZD chart (weekly) - lets see if I can post this chart. Hopefully will be visible in the post. Here goes.

36912d1212746453t-potential-setups-audnzd.bmp

Gamma, right click for properties on the pic you want to post, click on save pic address (thats what it says on an Apple), that gives you the pics url, then in your post insert that into
I][B]
and you've got the pic in your post.

An easier way is to click on the icon that looks like a blue postcard or TV or sthg in the "reply" menu here, and that inserts the pic for ya, and its much bigger and better for the eyes than when you do an attachment.

EG:

20080603leh15.png

I've changed quite a bit recently rathcoole. I used to follow the price and now I tend to follow my stomach. I take positions and all signs are that the price is going where I want it too but then I get a bad feeling and out I come. On average the feelings tend to be early warning signals. Perhaps something in the subconscious that tells you after a long while of watching these particular setups that it is not behaving as it should before it takes off. Although I do sometimes get it hideously wrong. Last daily hammer on Cable I got out and took a loss on the day it triggered and then watched it go up around 400 pips.

Feelings are an important part of your system...ignore the feelings and they might grow stronger until you listen to what they are telling you....

Read what Ed Seykota says about feelings: Ed Seykota - Wikiquote

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD
I wouldnt use me as an example omni I post as much chatter as anyone, probably more at times!! see what your saying though, although I do like a bit of chatter myself.

---

An easier way is to click on the icon that looks like a blue postcard or TV or sthg in the "reply" menu here, and that inserts the pic for ya, and its much bigger and better for the eyes than when you do an attachment.

The only problem with that way is for those of us with monitors that are only 1024x768 or lower res. it make the whole thread page too wide(because of the big image) meaning we have to scroll sideways to read the posts on the page. :-0 With the attachment way, if you want to see the picture bigger, you can just click it.
edit: my mistake, it only makes the post with the big pic wider.
---

spurs, my order also triggered last night with 49 pips risk. On my chart now is another pin (37 pips of risk) If I move original stop up, put another order in, total risk will be 50 pips which is only one more risked than originally, but trade size is 2x as big... might be stupid not to for one extra pip ?

Attachments

• usdjpy_h4.gif
    usdjpy_h4.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 275
1,i didn,t get the newer pin on my chart,stop remains under 1st pin.in fact ill take the stop off because i believe the trend is up and the noise of NFP might get me out

Last edited:
1,i didn,t get the newer pin on my chart,stop remains under 1st pin.in fact ill take the stop off because i believe the trend is up and the noise of NFP might get me out

am i being stupid with stop at BE? even if im on 1 hour charts?

i was long on the usd/yen 4hour pin also,just stopped out by 3 pips!!
was also long on gold though :)and oil ;)
good luck with the trade i wish i was still in(y)

the general concensus seems to be,have your stops under the price action that gets you in the trade,but im working on stops using 1and a half times the daily ATR as a trailing stop,TD uses ma,s

Gbpusd

And now bearish hourly pin on GBPUSD off daily S/R. I'm not long on GBPUSD at the moment but if others are what do you make of this?

This is looking quite good on the 4H too

Attachments

• GBPUSD_1H.jpg
    GBPUSD_1H.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Following up on my earlier post about Soybeans, price broke decisively out of the ascending triangle. This pin bar would be a "lighten your position" pin not a "cut and reverse" in my opinion. The trend is still up, there is no real s/r up here and we've overshot all fibs.

Will we come back to the breakout point and retest? If so, an excellent buying opportunity could present itself.

Attachments

• soy.gif
    soy.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 617
i was long on the usd/yen 4hour pin also,just stopped out by 3 pips!!
was also long on gold though :)and oil ;)
good luck with the trade i wish i was still in(y)

you certainly got the best 2 out of 3,way to go (y)

Hi,

Is this a good enough "pin" ?

Thanks

Attachments

• gbpusd001.gif
    gbpusd001.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 378
hi chilltrader,it probably is good enough,but this is the pin im going to watch

Attachments

• cable wkly.gif
    cable wkly.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 385