Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuation Pin on Cable?

Hi guys,

What do you think of the pin on the H1 time-frame for cable? It is at a pivot point, but with no other confluence. Do you think this is a good place to enter if the daily pin entry was earlier missed?

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 278
can you post a chart,i can,t find what you are looking at

Sorry spurs, like some others here, it's not easy for me to do these things at work. (n)

However, the funny thing is, when I came in from work ten minutes ago, checked the trade, in the blue. Had a look at the chart, and there wasn't a pin... Weird. Luckily I was £120 in profit, so decided to call it a day there and then.

Weird though, I'm 100% sure it was showing as a pin earlier today.

psychic 2 bar pin check out how it called the steep drop in euro.another one formed on far right now.

Attachments

• eurodollar.gif
    eurodollar.gif
    65.5 KB · Views: 251
Oil reacts from the daily divergence at the confluence resistance area indicated earlier, at one point over $6 off the highs before finding support from the weekly pivot, weekly L3 cam pivot, 50% fib of the low-high move on Friday and also the 1h 55ema.

Good hidden divergence setup on 1h now, could potentially be the re-entry point if the trend is to continue, although a 1h hidden divergence isn't a particularly high-probability setup against a strong regular divergence on the daily chart.

Interesting to note though that the market bounced from the 7/8 Murrey Math line on the weekly chart. It's been noted that a strong reaction from that line often targets the 4/8 line, which is currently drawn at $100 exactly, which would also be a psychological target if the trend ends at these levels.

Attachments

• oil1.gif
    oil1.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 234
  • oil2.gif
    oil2.gif
    32.9 KB · Views: 242
  • oil3.gif
    oil3.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
one for me to watch today,2 bar pin of rising support line

Attachments

• GBP_CHF Spot.png
    GBP_CHF Spot.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 259
Might be a chance to get in here spurs although I know your and my charts are off by an hour or so...

(1hr to go on this 4hr bar)

Not an ideal pin placement, may need to photoshop chart a bit before placing trade ;)

Attachments

• gbpchf_d1.gif
    gbpchf_d1.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 260
  • gbpchf_h4.gif
    gbpchf_h4.gif
    14 KB · Views: 267
jonj,ill be getting out of us cad soon,its all yours ;)

Attachments

• uc1.gif
    uc1.gif
    24 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Watching for a short on EUR/CHR. If it break somewhere around 16090 it could be worth it. Any thoughts anyone?

Or maybe even a long if it bounces again from the same trend?

Trying to post a pic, not very good at the techie stuff though!!!

Last edited:
Super spurs,

Did you get out of US Cad before it plummeted? I got caught long in GBP CAD before if dropped! A reminder of the benefits of stop orders if ever thats needed...

Arf

Still was a very good trade that ss, every day since you put it on was an up day! Last time I looked, it looked like a daily (bear) pin could form - would be in a nice spot too, not got charts at the moment so I dont whats happened since.

usdcad pin. Thers only an s/r pivot thats been acting roughly as the top of a range at the nose, no fibs or anything else. Good looking pin.
I have put order in last night with Oanda.

Attachments

• usdcad_d1.gif
    usdcad_d1.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 247
  • usdcad_d1_2.gif
    usdcad_d1_2.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 266
Status
Not open for further replies.