Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Trichet comes along and says 'hey, we gonna put interst rates up' or Bernie says 'we are attentive to USD decline', your TA will be completely meaningless.

I fully appreciate that when some news comes out it can blow technicals out of the water. All I know is that in trading the way I do, the majority of the time, I am on the right side of the news before it comes out.

I don't know how that happens. It continually amazes me. But I'd be a fool if I didn't continue to do what works.

I'll post May - June results at the end of the month and I very much doubt Kenobi can beat my win/loss ratio no matter how "intelligent" he is. ;)

I don't know how that happens. It continually amazes me. But I'd be a fool if I didn't continue to do what works.

I'd agree with that. I too have been amazed how regularly you can anticipate the market direction after a fundamental event by looking at the technicals beforehand. It's almost as if the market knows :-0

Hi TD and all!
Well, I have lost money this week by being on the Tech' side of the trades and getting caught out twice now by dam central bankers and Fed chairmen!!
Can't Trichet and Bernake keep their traps shut. They must be in such a winning position with the ability to move markets like that. A quick tip to a 'mate' a la Bruce Grobbelar on their musings about to be unleashed on the markets and they are quids in (well, $ and Euros!)
Still, it goes to show that no matter how good the technicals the fundementals will always blow them away; and just as I thought I was getting the hang of things!
Good Trading and excellent idea for the thread. I will be watching closely!
Grim

Good pin bar just formed on 4hr GBPNZD with SR and Fib confluence...
Comes at a top after news from NZ that they'd be cutting rates last night?
Grim

Attachments

• gbpnzd.gif
    gbpnzd.gif
    80.4 KB · Views: 456
Who here has msn / ebuddy during the day?

I am wondering if we can set up a chat channel so that we can make trading calls thru the day. Anyone interested? Maybe PM me if you are.

Thanks

I'd agree with that. I too have been amazed how regularly you can anticipate the market direction after a fundamental event by looking at the technicals beforehand. It's almost as if the market knows :-0

was away all day, just about to jump on and post that the eur/chf pin late morning had called the trichet announcement (once you didnt have ur stop to the pip) amazingly well and come on to see you all arguing about same thing!

im going to take the uj pin if it triggers,it has broke thru pivot and come back to retest it.we shall see if it can get thru the downtrend.order will be pulled if it does not trigger with the next candle

Attachments

• uj.gif
    uj.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 391
im going to take the uj pin if it triggers,it has broke thru pivot and come back to retest it.we shall see if it can get thru the downtrend.order will be pulled if it does not trigger with the next candle

u talkin bout the pin long or pin short usd? my 1 hour shows a long with a 2 bar pin.

Last edited:
Might join you on that, this is my 4hr usdjpy chart. Bar doesnt end for just over an hour yet on my charts.

Attachments

• usdjpy_h4.gif
    usdjpy_h4.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 342
just a word about funnymemtals v technicals,the chart shows the last two news events which moved the price(crosses),the price then moved in clearly PREDEFINED areas.
what moved the price?? funnymentals clearly
did price abandon technical studies?? clearly not!!
just my 2p worth:p

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    54.4 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
uj didn,t trigger on the next bar,but i went to bed,woke up to find it triggered on the bar after so im in long

Dear All.
Please Can You Keep Your Posts To What The Thread Title Suggests......

"potential Setups"

Check Out 1pipped As An Example Of Someone Who Does Just That.
All The Other Chatter Just Dilutes What Could Be A Great Thread.
Thanks.

Anybody looking at the Daily Pin on Gold from yesterday?

Attachments

• Gold0506.bmp
    370.6 KB · Views: 245
gold and cable setups.

Attachments

• gold.JPG
    gold.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 403
  • cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 334
Hey Omni,

I missed Cable this morning. I'm in two minds about it to be honest. There is a weekly ascending TL (very gentle incline) and good support around 1.9360 in the cash. I missed the entry so am considering either scaling in at the hourly pivots 1.9565 and 1.9535 or just waiting for non farms and putting bids in 40 ticks lower when the ladder clears. Someone will no doubt hit me. I'll play it according to how my stomach feels.

Tom

I'll play it according to how my stomach feels.

Tom,
what should I do today ?
I feel bloated and a bit gassy and I'm just off to the pub to top up last night's tiger beers.
Should I be Short or go Long ?

The weather's no help - I know I have to Short when it rains and Buy when it's sunny, but today is a bit grey and overcast ....

Can someone please tell me how to post my charts so that the chart itself appears in the thread rather than just a hyperlink to an attachment.

Thanks

GJ

Gamma,

Save your chart, click on reply and underneath you will see a button that says "Manage Attachments". Click on that, browse for your image and then click on it and choose "Upload". Once that is done you just type your message and press "Submit reply".

Tom,
what should I do today ?

I've changed quite a bit recently rathcoole. I used to follow the price and now I tend to follow my stomach. I take positions and all signs are that the price is going where I want it too but then I get a bad feeling and out I come. On average the feelings tend to be early warning signals. Perhaps something in the subconscious that tells you after a long while of watching these particular setups that it is not behaving as it should before it takes off. Although I do sometimes get it hideously wrong. Last daily hammer on Cable I got out and took a loss on the day it triggered and then watched it go up around 400 pips.

Status
Not open for further replies.