Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took that pin on USD/JPY! lol

I am short Eur/JPy from earlier (see chart) which is currently +100 but saw the sh*tstorm about to occur in equities and figured that although the Yen would be likely to get stronger, so would the Dollar which could keep Usd/JPY somewhat steady and act as a hedge against Euro/JPy as it was holding at a strong support level.

Which really all goes to show - STOP THINKING AND TRADE THE F*CKING PRICE ACTION.

Good call Giz.

The only thing that sucks about trading from home is that there is no one to stop you being a c*nt.

YEAH I was cautios about that Yen when it started forming the right shoulder.. Some things is really fishy i can smell it.. because equities havent corrected and yen is showing some exceptional relative strength ..

Dante boy u sick of trading from home hahahhahahahahahahaah:cheesy:

The absolute hardest part of this game is discipline. It's so cliched it makes me sick to say it and yet it is 100% true.

YEAH I was cautios about that Yen when it started forming the right shoulder.. Some things is really fishy i can smell it.. because equities havent corrected and yen is showing some exceptional relative strength ..

Dante boy u sick of trading from home hahahhahahahahahahaah:cheesy:

I dont reckon its stoppin till the dip in the left shoulder. Look back to Nov.

Been some huge moves lately. Look at usd/cad. This one isn't nearly as significant

We're still waiting for your eurusd parity dante hahahahaha

whats been keeping eur/yen above 130?

Yeah, I haven't revised my call for parity yet.

:)

I might have to defer to a Jim Rogers Timeframe (i.e. anytime in next 10 years) but there is no doubt about it: that sack of sh*t currency is doomed even more than the Dollar.

I don't know what's kept Eur/Yen so high but its a sell all the way.

dante mate

people been shorting this thing since 1.29 areahoing to go to parity and getting short squeezed everytime.
but the fact is they forget that recession has discounted the fall in euro and soon big boys like buffet and others#
will start diversifying their portfolios by selling dollars and buying foreign material. they have no choice ..
this lead to " extreme range bound volatility "on which we are experiencing now because of quick profit taking etc etc in times of uncertainity but i disagree about euro going to parity .. until and unless EU dissolves

because if you truly know how ****ed US is you would never put your longterm cash in dollar and i am sure buffet and his gangs know this well ..hence piling in gold and silver

Attachments

• Dollar_value_chart.gif
    Dollar_value_chart.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
dante mate

people been shorting this thing since 1.29 areahoing to go to parity and getting short squeezed everytime.
but the fact is they forget that recession has discounted the fall in euro and soon big boys like buffet and others#
will start diversifying their portfolios by selling dollars and buying foreign material. they have no choice ..
this lead to " extreme range bound volatility "on which we are experiencing now because of quick profit taking etc etc in times of uncertainity but i disagree about euro going to parity .. until and unless EU dissolves

because if you truly know how ****ed US is you would never put your longterm cash in dollar and i am sure buffet and his gangs know this well ..hence piling in gold and silver

I fully agree, the only thing that is holding up the USD is the fact that foreign companies and countries have bought it as a 'safe haven'. Americans don't have any real money/savings (negative savings rate since 2005). Add to that the active printing of USD and you have a recipe for disaster.
So as soon as equities and commodities become 'less risky' the USD will be dumped. :clap:

IMO that chart means nothing unless you compare it to other currencies. Also you have to think about the amount of actual physical dollars out there in the world too. You think people like the Médallin Cartels give their dough back to the fed for new bills lol.

I fully agree, the only thing that is holding up the USD is the fact that foreign companies and countries have bought it as a 'safe haven'. Americans don't have any real money/savings (negative savings rate since 2005). Add to that the active printing of USD and you have a recipe for disaster.
So as soon as equities and commodities become 'less risky' the USD will be dumped. :clap:

as my oldman says" the day dollar is gonna crap u wont even have chance to get out bcoz its gonna crap real hard"(y) dollar strength is mere an upward correction due to
a process known as repartriation flows. its fake and doesnt reflect real fundamentals

the currency which i think is gonna be areal winner in ong term is auzzie and loonie

Gbpusd

So Cable finds more resistance inside and near the top extreme of that previous daily swing hi zone 5220-5370 @ 5350 area. Recent support on the move down from that current Hi found at the 50% fib of the 5065-5350 move up, shown circled in white in 1hr pic below.

Previous near term imbalances of supply/demnand and demand/supply and represented as coloured zones of varying potential for future supp/res/sbr/rbs are shown on the 1hr pic below as well as the untested fibs of the moves up from 4700, 4940 and 5065.

G/L
w7mnx4.gif

Last edited:
H1 Ftse Jun Fut - Line chart - expanding triangle formation - not a set up, per-se but an indication of a poss top maybe?? Action all around the 4400 level - keep an eye on it!

PS - This is my last post here as I have decided to take a back seat from the intraday stuff and concentrate on the daily TFs. I'll lurk from time to time but not much involvement from now on.

Thanks to Tom for all the effort and continued development of so many new traders and thanks to all the regulars here (Spurs, Omni etc from the old school). Good analysis, a hint of luck and most of all good trading to you all!
Grim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.