Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
tom check your mothejr****ing msn so you can mother****ing read some unimportant crap i wrote.

cya sunday night all.

Well done for taking the trade, as I said before thought it was a no brainer and the levels were quite clear. I saw your previous post and don't agree with putting a limit at a certain R:R, i'd rather put it near a key level.
The answer is no by the way, you can't claim to be great trader just yet, but it's a great start. Gives you some confidence and a nice balance to play with!
Goose

About 'A trader' My tongue was very firmly in my cheek, I cut grass for the council for goodness sake.:)
My R:R level was for half the amount, for this trade only, order to live to trade another day.
Kind Regards
Jason

Last edited:
Goose, we are all short FTSE because it's going to sh*t itself.

The Dow has found out FireWalker is long .

And Aussie Dollar is about to drop one too.

It's free money Friday.

Post your thanks to me here later tonight.

:)

You mean this Friday, as in today? :)

Yes the DOW had to fill the air gap and test 8040-8060 previous resistance, now support area.

As for the FTSE, I don't follow it that closely, but it's a lot weaker than those US markets so pelzar's short might actually lead somewhere.

Doesn't change anything about what I said about the US indices though :)

Have a good weekend.

Hi Guys, anyone knows of how to get News Annoucement Dates for UK Shares (Companies) i.e. Earning Seasons News??? I know where to look on Yahoo for US Stocks but it`s been a mission to get the same for the UK... Many thanks in advance for your knowledge in this matter.

FTSE, nzdusd and audusd are gonna tank next week me thinks!! Today's action adds weight to the down move in my view - payday Mon/Tues here we come!! Orders still in the market from last night; waiting, poised to 'unleash hell ' on the pesky antipodeian currencies!

Just recieved an email from IGindex - they are charging £30 a month for the ProReal Time charts as of this month, unless you place at least 2 trades per month with them. I guess they must have a load of free-loaders using the package but not placing bets!!

Yes the DOW had to fill the air gap and test 8040-8060 previous resistance, now support area.

fwiw, this is what I meant ^

Obviously the best entry was on a lower timeframe, not waiting for 30minute bars to close because by that time you've already missed 30 points.

Attachments

• dow_rbecomess.gif
    dow_rbecomess.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 210
You guys look like little girls fighting to see who is right or who is wrong!

Bitches!

What's there to fight about? Today, like yesterday and the day before that, it's going ^ ^ ^... eventually it will go down a bit and then all those on the other side will come out of the closet and say "told you so".

Goose, f*ck Dow 9000, we're all gonna die of Swine Flu. I heard from a close source in the health department that next week the Govt are leafletting certain heavily populated areas informing people of "how to sneeze to avoid spreading the disease". When people read that they are going to sh*t themselves and panic. As fear spreads rapidly those stocks are going to royally do their cheeks. Not that it makes any difference as having money won't help you a bit when society denigrates into a lawlessness that we have never seen the likes of before.

Get your family safe and get to high ground.

You've been watching too many movies :p

FTSE, nzdusd and audusd are gonna tank next week me thinks!! Today's action adds weight to the down move in my view - payday Mon/Tues here we come!! Orders still in the market from last night; waiting, poised to 'unleash hell ' on the pesky antipodeian currencies!

Im not sure about the AUD & NZD Grimweasel (remember Strat/Dr Joe). It has held all its levels, not retraced any and looks like a 4hr bull flag to me.
I'm going to have an long order for that daily IB I think.

Have a great weekend all
Nic

PS check the weekly

Im not sure about the AUD & NZD Grimweasel (remember Strat/Dr Joe). It has held all its levels, not retraced any and looks like a 4hr bull flag to me.
I'm going to have an long order for that daily IB I think.

Have a great weekend all
Nic

PS check the weekly

Fair one Nic - see Strat's thread. Do check the line charts on nzd tho - sorta H&S pattern and a triple top on the weekly - and a pseudo S Star on the monthly charts.

Waves - well, only leg 1 potentially on the monthly too!!!!

Have a good weekend all - live life to the full and remain positive in all that you do!!

We are getting in certain key areas in almost everything (indices), it is going to be a really nice week!

I`m shorting Hong Kong, Dax and waiting a confirmation to short dow as well.. Minimum risk in all of then and a really good potential reward...

If you do what you always did, you`ll always get what you always got..!
Forex Guides

My picks FWIW.

EURUSD May have rolled back down on 2nd hrly test of daily resistance. Look for short next week if it breaks down.
USDJPY. Going up but close to longer term resistance and no obvious entry for me.
AUDUSD Sitting above monthly s&r. MLs up. Look for a long entry.
GBPUSD Don't know.
USDCAD Sitting above monthly s&r and daily 200sma. Look to buy if we get a PA bounce.
USDCHF I'm confused .. could be about to go down ... but
EURJPY Short term up move but monthly s&r suggests the possibility for resumption of down trend. Waiting to see.
GBPJPY Short term up but too extended for an entry and resistance above.

Attachments

• 5-2-2009 3-47-20 PM.png
    5-2-2009 3-47-20 PM.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 180
How many people have the patience to trade the monthly TF? Looking at the monthly properly, not just a glance, over a long history, offers quite a different perspective on quite a few pairs. Lot less stress out there and no need to check the charts until the end of the month. Is this where the trader becomes an investor?

Look at eurusd for example - we have a large monthly IB. The immediate trend is down, but the long term trend is up. Audusd as another example is currently just poking thru an ascending TL that started back in Oct 1986. This combined with the SR level at .07250 area gives some good confluence with the monthly 50% fib from low to high. So, in the lower TFs (daily) this may appear as a decent level, but when you pan out to the monthly audusd is at a HUGE level. Could this be a monthly 50% retrace before another leg south. The weekly hammer (last week) doesn't cut if for me; but then neither did gbpyen - missed out on 800 pips there. But for me, it just wasn't spiking down into free space enough relative to the bars around it.

This weekly hammer on the aussie looks like it could be a hanging man - but, looking how the 20ema has supported PA on two bounces indicates rising support - so a long could be in order. Expect some volatility here as this seems like a very big level.
Thanks to Nic for pointing out the poss long position too. I guess it all comes down to your TF. Sure, there could be a few pips if you trade the hrly or dly against the trend - but it's always dangerous - much better to just wait and protect your account by trading with the trend!

Attachments

• aussie monthly.gif
    aussie monthly.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Agreed Grimweasel,

I've been looking at monthly and daily for S&R. But I'm expecting them to give me the boundaries of a likely move. When you drop down to hourly the period the market move between zones are quite tradable with nicely formed pullbacks while the congestion at the S&R would take skills I lack.

So my variation on the wait for pins, hammers, etc on daily/4hr at the s&r is to use those zones simply to let me know which way the tradable trend is going and then trade the part in between.

My aim is to take what I do on 1 minute HSI charts and scale it to 1 hour forex charts. Find the base, watch the break from base, take a few high reward trades while price moves towards the next longer term s&r zone. Classic taking a little chunk or two out of the middle. It'll be interesting to see if I can make the 1m to 1h translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.