Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sell order on the S&P daily pin just triggered. Here goes... *gulp*

Got stopped out of the AUD/USD daily pin yesterday. Thinking about going in again, anyone else taking this trade?

Maybe I'm being overly critical of this AUDUSD set-up but there doesn't seem to be much going for it save for a bounce off a previous support area from 2006. The previous price action looks pretty messy as well - not much smooth momentum running up to the pin.

Am I missing something???

If you trade a daily pin bar the stop must be above the daily pin.. You can use 1hr to try antecipate the move, but the set-up might not trigger..

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how other people handle this situation - do you put the stop above the 1 hour bar, and then re-enter if you get stopped once the daily triggers? Or do you enter on the break of the 1H bar, with a stop above the daily? Or do you just ignore the 1H entirely and wait for the daily trigger?

OK, it's about knowing what TF the setup you are looking at occurs on.

AUD/USD presented a daily SETUP but it had NOT triggered and there was no way of knowing that it WOULD trigger.

Therefore, when you see the hourly pin, that is an HOURLY SETUP. Yes, you can have the daily pin in the back of your mind (to let you know that it could be a trade that may run into that TF) but you should stop out when the HOURLY SETUP invalidates. Or, in other words, when your particular reason for entering that trade is no longer valid.

I took that pin short too. I didn't take it because there was a setup on the daily. I took it because there was a descending TL, a 50% fib and a resistance area. Therefore, when it broke above this high, I had to come out.

If you look at the chart you will see that two hours later, another pin occured. I had a crack at this but my order was never triggered.

Finally, you get the IB that Choc mentioned. I actually didn't take this because it closed ABOVE my resistance, so I didn't fancy its chances.

This was the trade that would have worked but c'est la vie.

Next trade on this pair is either a break of the daily pin OR a break of the support (where the pin triggers) and a retest from below on the hourly.

Last edited:
OK, it's about knowing what TF the setup you are looking at occurs on.

AUD/USD presented a daily SETUP but it had NOT triggered and there was no way of knowing that it WOULD trigger.

Therefore, when you see the hourly pin, that is an HOURLY SETUP. Yes, you can have the daily pin in the back of your mind (to let you know that it could be a trade that may run into that TF) but you should stop out when the HOURLY SETUP invalidates. Or, in other words, when your particular reason for entering that trade is no longer valid.....

Thanks for that explanation and Choc's earlier, the intra-day charts have confused me a bit today so I'm sticking to the dailies until I can be consistent..

I just wanted to let people know that my mum is trading these setups also. She has not been winning very often because she is not taking the best setups but she is running those that do work and her account is growing consistently. She is on very small size but after just under two months and about 40 trades she is up £460. This is not very much of course but then it took her a few weeks to learn how to send a text message and around three months to learn how to record on her video player.

Ur ma's a milf

No nasty comments from anyone please.

People sometimes ask me "can I really do this?"

The answer is overwhelmingly yes.

No matter how hard a time you are having or how bad a run.

You can do it.

Work at it.

Try to learn from every trade.

Think about how you can do things better.

And above all, be patient.

This is not a race.

I don't think we are really all going to die of swine flu.

You've got time. And it will take time.

non mate, nothing has setup for me! but i think we will atleast test the highs, the bulls wont surrender this easy..that pin bar.."if somin looks to good to be true, it ussualy is"

Last edited:
Last weeks pin......................

Thought the candle had to close to be valid... back to pin school for me then

In the meantime i'll be in the pub, bank holiday weekend and not working. Lovely jubbly

Last edited:
Thought the candle had to close to be valid... back to pin school for me then

It did close....last week. I think he's saying that todays price action broke the high/low of the inside bar or pin made on last weeks bar triggering the trade.
I dont even have an oil chart so could be talking bollox.

Try to learn from every trade.

One thing that I have found is that I can tell you every mistake I made using my live account, but cannot say the same for my demo account. That's why I have pretty much given up on my demo account, and only use it when the risk would be too high. This may cost me money, but it is money I fortunately have to spare, and money that is paying for my learning.

It did close....last week. I think he's saying that todays price action broke the high/low of the inside bar or pin made on last weeks bar triggering the trade.
I dont even have an oil chart so could be talking bollox.

I see. yes. Don't fancy it to break 54 though unless the dollar takes a real caning. we'll see next week

Status
Not open for further replies.