Possible Virus?

vicktor

I've been on at least 50 other forums, I get on this UK one, one time, and what happens, I get the " download.Trojan" virus. Does that tell you something?

Anyway...

download.Trojan virus

Joules MM1 said:
Really ? No problems here. Please contact the moderators immediately.

Ok, will do, it's a good thing I was using and had the the Norton Anti virus enabled. It instantly caught this :"download.Trojan". I haven't had a virus or Trojan for several years, but anyway, good that it was protecting my on line access. I'll report it.

Cheers

Virus On This Forum

JonnyT said:
Somehow I don't think so...

Sorry, but I honestly can't find from what message I got the "Download.Trojan" from. As I was reading messages, my Norton Anti-Virus popped up and stated it has caught that Trojan. I then went through the Norton procedure to delete it, etc. But anyway, I do remember it had a attachment to the message, small paper clip icon, but I never opened it, just read the message. Oh, well, maybe it's best as it turned out, meaning no one else seems to have caught it.

Cheers.

vicktor said:
Sorry, but I honestly can't find from what message I got the "Download.Trojan" from. As I was reading messages, my Norton Anti-Virus popped up and stated it has caught that Trojan. I then went through the Norton procedure to delete it, etc. But anyway, I do remember it had a attachment to the message, small paper clip icon, but I never opened it, just read the message. Oh, well, maybe it's best as it turned out, meaning no one else seems to have caught it.

Cheers.
This is a wind up right ?? :LOL:

I think you can't get trojans by just surfing the forum.You need to click on some file or link.
Another possibility is that someone online was just trying to hack you. Once you are online your IP may be tracked by some hacking software and the the hacker tries to insert a trojan in your PC .If your computer is not protected ,you will not even feel that anything is happening

Virus On This Forum

Old_Bob said:
I think you can't get trojans by just surfing the forum.You need to click on some file or link.
Another possibility is that someone online was just trying to hack you. Once you are online your IP may be tracked by some hacking software and the the hacker tries to insert a trojan in your PC .If your computer is not protected ,you will not even feel that anything is happening

I knew not to open an attachment, but did not know that a hacker could be tracking my IP. BTW, some think, I may be playing a joke, but whatever, I just got the pop-up warning of the "Download.Trojan", when I was at the time reading message on the "Economic & Fundamental Analysis" forum section. Anyway, all clear now, again many thanks. I don't know, maybe it was just a coincidence. I think whoever invented this computer stuff, must be the richest people in the nut house. :>))

I can say without a doubt that there is no virus on this site. You cannot get a virus by simply browsing the site, you have to have an active element somewhere, such as clicking or downloading something. Other times, alerts can come through ActiveX scripts that install objects in the browser, and I suppose that some of the third party software that some of our advertising vendors sometimes use for tracking and recording purposes could be perceived by some AV programs as threatening. This may have caused the problem you have experienced.

Virus On This Forum

rossored said:
I can say without a doubt that there is no virus on this site. You cannot get a virus by simply browsing the site, you have to have an active element somewhere, such as clicking or downloading something. Other times, alerts can come through ActiveX scripts that install objects in the browser, and I suppose that some of the third party software that some of our advertising vendors sometimes use for tracking and recording purposes could be perceived by some AV programs as threatening. This may have caused the problem you have experienced.

Hmm, Active X !!!

Could be, many thanks..