Sharescope Gold download - possible virus

beebop

I dl this for the trial and ended up finding a virus after running a boot scan. SS are telling me it was already on my machine, which is fine but not much help. It was their exe file that had the virus.

If anyone else has dl this recently, you might want to run checks as it didn't trigger my normal scans.

win32:pUP-gen

It was called this, can't get a screenshot as it was in DOS as it was a boot scan not a normal scan. Like I said if it's my system I'll sort it but I didn't find their response that helpful and wee bit too quick.

I have not downloaded for several weeks. Thanks for the information. I won't DL until I get the all clear on here. BTW, what happens?

It was the original .exe file download, not any share info.

I don't know what bad stuff it does, I'm no expert but I do take lots of care with my computers as I do all my financial stuff online.

Hi beebop,

there is a file called DesktopSupport.exe in the ShareScope folder which sometimes gets flagged as a virus. This is a file which we use to remote access a customer's computer (with their permission) for training or problem-solving. Could this be it? I have virus-checked our Gold downloads and not had any problems.

Regards,

It was the original .exe file download, not any share info.

I don't know what bad stuff it does, I'm no expert but I do take lots of care with my computers as I do all my financial stuff online.

Hi SSMarketing,

Thanks for the interest. Nice to know that someone keeps an eye on our problems.