• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] Model Portfolio by Darwinex

CavaliereVerde

MPF092020.png

Old community discussion -->https://community.darwinex.com/t/darwinex-model-portfolio/6025
https://www.darwinex.com/investors/darwins-performance
This is not a live portfolio but a backtest created by Darwinex as a showcase.

The first backtest has been created at the beginning of July 2019, had 20 darwins showing a past return higher than 20% in 2 years.
model v1.png

The out of sample part realized a 10% loss when the first porfolio was discontinued on 14 February 2020 (8months).

Going back to second backtest we have these 9 darwins with a forward return of ~ -5% so far (7months).

Last edited:
MPF092020-6d.png

Here I removed the 3 losing darwins. Hindsight power! 😁
It is useful to have a preview of darwins average annualized net return, something like 7%.
As you can see the impact of performance and management fees it pretty heavy.

Last edited:
The out of sample part realized a 10% loss when the first porfolio was discontinued on 14 February 2020 (8months).
Since than we have these 9 darwins with a forward return of ~ -5% so far (7months).
Given that in the meantime Darwinex practically halved the risk in darwins:going from fixed 10%VaR to variable 3.25-6.5% Var,the result of first and second Model portfolios in live is around -10% in 7-8 months in terms of old risk and -5% in terms of new risk regime.No improvement.

Can you switch jn and out of strategies with zero fees ?....one obvious approach is to review all elements on a monthly or faster basis and keep switching in and out performers

I found a screenshot of the first porfolio of July 2019 and I have updated the first post.
By the way the 3rd one is working well so far and can be a good starting point for investors.

Last edited:
PLF was loser even according @CavaliereVerde generous criteria(<0% on 1yr and 2yr timeframe) and TDD had a car accident :almost -11% in a single month(clearly inadmissible for low risk darwins and big departure from his previous behaviour).
But such frequent adjusting of Model Portfolio renders it completely useless as benchmark or guidance.Old customers are aware of it and know they must do research themselves,but newcomers could be badly surprised.

TDD had a car accident :almost -11% in a single month(clearly inadmissible for low risk darwins and big departure from his previous behaviour).
It is the same car accident happened to YZZ in March 2019, pretty normal for realistic trackrecords.
They simply want to preserve a decent chart, investors are short sighted.
I think they revise something every time total return falls under 10%.

Last edited:
IMO this portfolio should work, even if mine is working better... ;)
Let's see if there is any persistence here or it's pure marketing.

Last edited:
But i never believed that trading can be this profitable because i have traded on live account and i always run out of luck and i traded again and also ran into losses so i decided to give up on trading. But one day i came across Mr Barry silbert on forex AD and how he has been helping and guiding newbie/investors on how to best trade i contacted him on email *[email protected]* and i tried to get some experience from him and he guided me on how to trade and make a successful withdraw and i made my first withdraw of &10,050 in 7 days using his masterclass strategies and i was very happy and i continue trading with him. As i was making good profit while trading online with Mr Barry i had to quit my previous work as a cleaner now am living a standard lifestyle if you too need help or guidance or you want to recover from your previous loss you can reach him also on whatsaap +447508298691.
@CavaliereVerde sir : what happens with this member? Is it a self promotion?

It's time for a redesign or a new composition.
The net profit of 8.86% after 2 years is not exciting - and it is a backtest, useless for investors.
The one or the other would not have been selected 2 years ago, and they removed 2020 losers like TDD .
IMO this chart shows the problem for every investor - not success.

Removing past losers would ben even more useless.
Removing the losers does not remove the loss.
Backtests are useless if you keep changing them.
This portfolio is a reference for buy and hold, momentum investing is another thing.

Last edited:
That's their description for that repainted portfolio
1614342946133.png

The next one to kick out is YZZ with nearly 10% loss.
What's missing are usuable investor tools and there's no plan to add them. Also I doubt that it is possible with the latest "improvement" with Darwin 5.0 (setting VaR to 6.5 %).