Poll, Should WallStreet1928's threads have been closed?

Should WallStreet1928's threads have been closed?

• Total voters
It was quality Lulz (which is always appreciated by the members), it generated traffic (appreciated by Sharky and the boys), and it conned a few punters out of £50 a month (appreciated by WS1928 & Co)

Its all about context though innit. Does T2W want to be percieved as a serious trading site, or a marketers paradise where anything goes. The optimum solution is that WS pays his protection money, he gets to mug a few more gullible punters, Sharky makes a few bob, the boys get their christmas bonus's, and members who've been around the block would treat the thread with the same contempt they reserve for the likes of **** *********, ****** *******, and *** *****.

Its a win win really.

The King is Dead - Long live the King, ie Who's next...come on don't be shy...come on, form an orderly queue..you'll get a fair hearing (!)

G/L

I'm gonna multi-nic and start one soon. Just trying to decide what my "edge" is gonna be. I'm thinking some sort of fandanngled sigma based mean reversion robot to make me look the dogs.

Bolly-wood is the user name I'm thinking about. Bolly for bollinger bands (sigmas) and wood cos trading gets me hard.

Whether he had an edge that he could classify for a third party (s) use is debatable - he probably had something but the whole psychology changes when offering it the public domain such that he was unable to explain himself/was being outright deceitful about it's performance or a combination thereof.

If you have an edge and it produces and has done consistently you'll likely make far more money raising some serious margin to trade than going thru the whole mither of offering signals/edu/whatever for 50squids / mth .

G/L

No because he was accounting for his actions and explaining himself.

In fairness, if you go through it, myself and others repeatedly asked him for some very simple information which he could have explained with a few digits but he repeatedly chose to avoid answering it by "spending an hour" to type a reply which didn't address the question and offering to waste someone's time on the phone by not answering the question.

Without knowing how his accounting works, his claims of 500 pips/week were false and he didn't want to answer the question how he counted the pips as his claims would prove to be phoney. The only explanations he did was trying to make himself a victim and throwing in quotes from gandhi and dalai lama rather than addressing some simple questions and providing an answer we could move on from. Not to mention he couldn't keep his nose out of an independent thread even after I made him aware of it.

In fairness, if you go through it, myself and others repeatedly asked him for some very simple information which he could have explained with a few digits but he repeatedly chose to avoid answering it by "spending an hour" to type a reply which didn't address the question and offering to waste someone's time on the phone by not answering the question.

Without knowing how his accounting works, his claims of 500 pips/week were false and he didn't want to answer the question how he counted the pips as his claims would prove to be phoney. The only explanations he did was trying to make himself a victim and throwing in quotes from gandhi and dalai lama rather than addressing some simple questions and providing an answer we could move on from. Not to mention he couldn't keep his nose out of an independent thread even after I made him aware of it.

So the answers provided wasn't to the satisfaction of the persons asking or the format or the layout. Whatever...

It's just the whole debate approach and unceremonious dismissal was not warranted imho.

So his claims were on the generous side or calculation and attention to detail perhaps wasn't up to scientific standards required on this thread :cheesy: Whatever, I'm just shocked by the rabid way these persons are torn to shreds.

I dunno perhaps its just me. First TraderDante and now WallSt not to mention good few others before who I learnt from.

I'm now thinking perhaps this is the life cycle of the average T2W member...

Last edited:
The King is Dead - Long live the King, ie Who's next...come on don't be shy...come on, form an orderly queue..you'll get a fair hearing (!)

G/L

I'm game ;-)

Seriously though - I bet he's got more subscribers after those threads than before.

You can't pay for that sort of publicity.

I voted No.
As a newby here, but not to abusive threads, I thought some of it was over the top.
Yes I would have liked a little more succinct response to good questions.
But no allowance was made for his obviously different emotional make up.
I couldn't help but think some members may have been a little envious.
I'd say he is good and certainly well meaning, nevertheless he sets his stops
way too far away for me.
As I've said before, guys with high win/lose ratio usually have wide stops.
All trades will prove to be right if we lived long enough.
To go to bed without thinking about money,market or trades is a marvellous luxury.

the whole episode was bizarre. I am certainly guilty of flaming things but this kind of served it's purpose in teasing out the arguments/controversy to bring things to a head.

^ Dutch, I'm curious. You started the thread because you thought he was genuine like J16. what do you think now?

Did anybody complain about WS to T2W by the way? Just curious :rolleyes:

i for one complained, bloody vendors littering up the place, 3 threads in new posts was enough to puke, let alone if he poked his beak into further threads and saying how wonderful he was doing for his subscribers, or complaining that none of his threads had won accolades.

the rules are very clear on vendoring and very easy to follow. i'd fire off screeds of reports once for those that stepped over the line, don't bother so much at all now. it's so much easier to put the vendor threads on ignore. and i now generally have a peaceful read through new posts, without all the vendor link, hook and spam threads.

G/L

jdtrader ;)

smithers !

release the hounds !!

releasethehounds.jpg

Last edited:
^ Dutch, I'm curious. You started the thread because you thought he was genuine like J16. what do you think now?

Hi Mate

I dunno really the whole thing is bizarre. The whole lack of transparency and dodging of questions leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

The trading of personal insults was good fun to read though. lol.

major D

Hi Mate

The trading of personal insults was good fun to read though. lol.

major D

That is what I always find a bore. Nothing to read, there , that I have not read before, over the years.

Once the hounds find their prey they are pitiless. It is seen here, but it is equally obvious in the press inciting public opinion on anyone in public life. People are envious of success in others, no doubt sbout it. I have no doubt that you and your helpers have been, to a certain extent, dismayed by the unwanted pack, just waiting to jump on the bandwaggon.

WS's ego is no different to Socrates and many others who may, or may not be better, but have to tell us all that they are. We don't like to hear it. My answer is to turn the thread off. Much more peaceful.

Most of the insults were from WS about people's inferior intellects because not even he could explain his accounting system with a simple answer. He claimed to be some peace loving/zen like guy and then flipped into threatening to put people into hospital and hurling abuse at people when they asked very simple questions he didn't want to answer. He's not banned though, so he's welcome to post on this forum. Unless the forum takes a cut on his business, I don't see why anyone should be piggybacking off this forum. If that's not the case and we're allowed to generate money from it then i'll start selling stuff on here and pay no commission...

WS's ego is no different to Socrates and many others who may, or may not be better, but have to tell us all that they are.

Totally unfair. Socco clearly knows the score and has earned the right to express the truth. WS1928 probably never took a trade in his life.

It was blatently obvious to anyone whose spent more than 5 minutes at this game. Even one of the T2W mods spotted it, thats how clear the abuse was.

I think it's a hard one to call personally. Is his analysis of the market good? I'd say yes from what I read of it. Is he a good trader? Still not the foggiest after the review, but leaning towards yes, but that his followers will never get the returns he boasts about getting himself if he even trades at all. Was he spamming T2W and trying to promote his service for free. It seemed so. However, he maybe should have got reprimanded/suspended by T2W first if he didn't stop touting for new business on the thread. Although he hasn't been banned, so I guess he can always start another thread that doesn't break the sites rules now.