Please help me start trading

theonaqvi

Hello, I am new to trading and have been interested in it for a while. I am 16 but only want to practise my trading so get experience as I would like to do it as a career, or at least try. I understand the basics - support and resistance and all that. I am very interested in the stock market and would like to demo trade on it. I don't mind paying a little bit for some good software but I cannot seem to find a good demo account anywhere. I tried using Investopedia's wedtrader but I can't seem to realy find stocks and good charts. I use MetaTrader 5 for forex trading and it is very good but I would just like a platform where it has everything rather than me having a practise account somewhere and having to have 50 webpages open at one time looking for stocks and looking at their charts. Any help would be much appreciated.

In my opinion the Thinkorswim platform is about as good as it gets for a retail trader. They have a paper trading feature that is pretty awesome. You'll probably need an adult to set up an account with TD Ameritrade but you don't have to put any money in it to use the paper trading feature. And they have free seminars etc to help you learn the platform.

Hi theonaqvi,
Welcome to T2W.

Take a look at ProRealTime - it's quite popular with members and it's free so long as you don't require intra day data (i.e. confine yourself to end of day). Other than that, most spread betting companies will have reasonable charting software with easy to use platforms. Additionally, most off demo accounts although, as ACstudio says, you may need an adult to open an account for you.

At the risk of sounding like a patronising old git, don't let your interest in the markets get in the way of your studies or your social life. Your education and your friends are waaaaaaay more important than the markets!
;)
Tim.