People make me laugh

Actually seeing this thread and seeing sighthound lurking, just remembered - I got my free pen in the post a couple of days ago. Want a pic?

(A pic of the bic as it were)

Actually seeing this thread and seeing sighthound lurking, just remembered - I got my free pen in the post a couple of days ago. Want a pic?

(A pic of the bic as it were)

Congrats with the pen,just nosing around whilst having dinner chap.:innocent:

Wow. 22 pages cause some bored secretary wants to plant the seeds of failure in my head because she was afraid I might somehow get ahead in life and she'll be stuck as a secretary.

Although I have to say the flame wars on this forum are more intelligent and subtle than most I've seen. Yeah to British humor. Benny Hill was a riot and Chef is one of my favorites.

And since this is a trading forum, I have a trading observation. I finished Chick Goslins book trading day by day. It makes the most sense of anything I've read yet. One thing that stands out to me is the knowledge he has in the movement of prices. He probably wouldn't need any system or indicators to make money. He KNOWS the markets he trades. If the book is to be fully believed and the commentaries were real time ( I'm always sceptical of everything, maybe even a touch jaded ) then he was positioning himself in trades before there was any real solid indication that they were turning. That's just not something ithink you can teach from a book.

No let's resume the flames!!

They are all far too busy flaming each other to notice your point.
I did buy Chick's book many years ago when it first came out. I remember being impressed initially but gradual disillusion set in and I sold it on.

Oh on the Toastie V. Roth contest - I think Roth might have just edged ahead in the car section but is a bit behind on wit and well crafted insults.

They are all far too busy flaming each other to notice your point.
I did buy Chick's book many years ago when it first came out. I remember being impressed initially but gradual disillusion set in and I sold it on.

Oh on the Toastie V. Roth contest - I think Roth might have just edged ahead in the car section but is a bit behind on wit and well crafted insults.[/QUOTE

the book is by far the best I've read on the subject, but it makes me believe there is a steep learning curve I've been trying to avoid. And the curve costs money. It's cool though I'm committed to learning. And I'll do whatever it takes as long as it takes.

Toasty vs Rothy is highly entertaining. The car was pretty funny.
As far as 355's go it's my altime favorite car period. I will own one one day.
They are prone to electrical fires in the dash. If you find one this has happened to here in the states you can pick them up for 30-40k US. Then you need repairs. Then comes the greedy vortex of Ferrari "maintenance". 15k every 30 thousand miles not to mention brakes ect. But I do know a guy that works in a autobody shop that did just that. He has a fake Cartier watch to round out the picture. Makes 50k a year and acts like 7 figures.

DT, I havn't watched/read this thread in full, I've no idea as to how and why it degenerated so badly..Can I politely suggest you use the ignore facility? I avoided using it until quite recently, but as a delightful consequence I have observed that pages of this thread were unavailable for me to view as several on my ignore list are clustered together feeding off each other, the same *pattern* is also visible on other threads...strange that..;) I couldn't put Arabian on ignore as he's still down as a mod, but other than that the facility has purred like a 348's DOHC, V8 3405cc, 300bhp (well maintained) engine ...:)

He's not going to ignore those he is trying to wind up, is he?
(But seems to be ignoring the whole thread now).

Where are these 'people'?

People who instantly become experts on how bad you're descisions are because it will either invalidate their way of doing things or put you in a socially higher status than they are.

IE: a really fat person telling you low-carb is an unhealthy way to loose weight as they stuff their piehole with fried bologna sandwiches.

Or in this case a lifetime secretary telling me only economists could trade. She just put the words trade and economist together becuase she thought they belonged in the same scentance. And she had a serious need to discourage me from any chance of improving my social status. I have no idea why she feels this way and quite frankly I don't care.
It was just humorous......