People make me laugh

Rooster34

Jul 4, 2010
I'm reading trading books on my downtime at work. Not to show off, it's the only thing we are allowed to do when we have downtime. A while back I was reading some mindless sci-fi stuff. Everyone was all interested. Now everyone is totally critical. I could care less what some wage-slave bored housewife thinks. But it is funny.

Today was my favorite of all time by one of the secretaries here: "Trading is just like gambling unless you're an economist."

Just have to laugh....

Jul 12, 2010
I'm reading trading books on my downtime at work. Not to show off, it's the only thing we are allowed to do when we have downtime. A while back I was reading some mindless sci-fi stuff. Everyone was all interested. Now everyone is totally critical. I could care less what some wage-slave bored housewife thinks. But it is funny.

Today was my favorite of all time by one of the secretaries here: "Trading is just like gambling unless you're an economist."

Just have to laugh....
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

luckyd1976

Feb 13, 2008
and if someone is an Economist (well has a degree in the alchemy), and is recognised as a good trader, is he like fookin boss? :smart:
lol Good traders are good traders I will forgive them if their counselors misguided them into thinking the degree in economics was their ticket. :smart:

Rooster34

Jul 4, 2010
Black Swan: funny about Goldman Sachs. Made me
snort laugh.

I work in a doctors office lab, but not for the office itself. If I'm not busy it's straight downtime. Unfortunately my company prohibits laptops at work, and even playing on my phone is a "grey" area.
So books it is. It's cool though, I love to read.

Hilarymannah

Feb 12, 2009
It doesn't matter what your profession,...trading is for those with tenacity and the resilience not to be beaten !,....and of course, a cool head, and a nonchalant monetary demean,....: )

montmorencyt2w

May 17, 2008
Now everyone is totally critical. I could care less what some wage-slave bored housewife thinks. But it is funny.

Today was my favourite of all time by one of the secretaries here: "Trading is just like gambling unless you're an economist."
One of the reasons I never told the missus what I am doing.
She knows now.
Pity she waited until a low point in my trading to find out though ...
Now I feel under pressure (another reason why I didn't tell her).

It's only a secondary source of income fortunately, so not critical in that sense, although it's important to me.

Rooster34

Jul 4, 2010
One of the reasons I never told the missus what I am doing.
She knows now.
Pity she waited until a low point in my trading to find out though ...
Now I feel under pressure (another reason why I didn't tell her).

It's only a secondary source of income fortunately, so not critical in that sense, although it's important to me.
I'm in the same boat. I didn't tell wifey that Im trying this again. When we met I had several OJ options and by freak dumb luck hurricane season hit and I recovered anything I had ever lost in futures. Maybe a few hundred more. This was her first exposure to trading and she assumes this is how it will be. That was one really good trade out of alot of mediocre/bad ones. And in the end I was right back where I started.
She opened my mail and at first got really mad that I didn't tell her I was venturing back into the waters. And then as soon as she got done being mad, she asked me to buy her a gift with the first profits I made cause "That way I'll feel good about what you're doing."

I honestly think people cannot stand/get fearfull if someone even has the possibility of doing better than they are doing. We are such weird flawed little creatures.