5% of traders make it?

It stands to reason that if people think that something is difficult, they will either gracefully fail at it knowing that its a high rate of failure or worse still, will never attempt it. This is what ultimately holds people back from doing what they want to in life.

They can't/won't quit their job because they have a family, a mortgage, a responsibility etc. They won't open that coffee shop because they've heard its at saturation point, too hard to get finance, the big boys have it all etc etc or worse still my mate says don't bother.... so I keep doing the same things day in day out until when... at what point do I expect a different output from my input. If I do the same each day, the results will be the same, so... to change the result, I have to change my actions....... TODAY.

Only one life mate.

This really stood out for me.

I'm almost certain I've got the mindset to succeed at trading, however I do make a lot of those excuses. If I had zero responsibilities I would 100% ditch the job, use the dole money as capital and go for it but is it really sensible for me or anyone else to do it when the risk is losing the house or my son not having food on his plate? It is weird how getting a loan for 20k/30k to open a business that might fail is acceptable but using that same money for gambling is reckless.

Last edited:
This really stood out for me.

I'm almost certain I've got the mindset to succeed at trading, however I do make a lot of those excuses. If I had zero responsibilities I would 100% ditch the job, use the dole money as capital and go for it but is it really sensible for me or anyone else to do it when the risk is losing the house or my son not having food on his plate? It is weird how getting a loan for 20k/30k to open a business that might fail is acceptable but using that same money for gambling is reckless.

Dole money as capital, that sound about right :cheesy::cheesy:

It's not surprising and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but it seems to me that trading, as well as business in general, is not for everyone, and there's nothing wrong with it.
I totally agree with this. No person can be perfect in all spheres. But there's nothing to be low about, there is a lot to explore.