Outlook and HTML

CityTrader

Established member
For some bizarre reason, my Outlook ( not express) has stopped displaying HTML emails, - I just get all lines of text and stuff- no pictures etc. I've had a look at every relevant tab I can think of to try and correct this, but - no luck! anyone out there got the answer?

Thanks

Wayno

Hi CityTrader

eek :eek:
I thought it was just me :eek:

I've only just installed it myself so I would love to know the answer

While I'm thinking about it, I can't view attachments. The dog just barks at me and say it can't find the path :-0

I've been using Outlook for long time, and the only thing I know for sure, is... lose the office assisitant!!!

NNNNNOOOOO Don't be so heart-less

Everyone has a go at the office assistant, but it's the only thing that stops my parents asking....how do I do this, or how do I do that. After awhile they got bored with me saying "Ask the office assistant" :cheesy:
That puppy is a life saver :cool:

FTSE-Beater - no!! it'll seduce you, it'll entrap you. It is The Devil. stay away. break this dependence... now.....

CityTrader

depends on vwersion of Outlook but you have option to display mail as 'plain text' or HTML. This is a security feature and the last set of updates forced it to display as plain text (if I recall correctly).

Anyhow, goto 'Tools', 'Options', 'Preferences', 'E-mail Options'and select the option to view mails as HTML.

John

JPwone I use Outlook 2002, and unfortunatley,'Tools', 'Options', 'Preferences', 'E-mail Options doesn't lead me to a " view mail as HTML" option..

There is no such option in Outlook 2002...

You can set send in HTML but not reading.

I now have the same problem with my home machine.

Microsofts web site suggest this feature is automatic else you can open a mail and set to HTML using the format option. This is greyed out!!!

JonnyT

Confucious say 'Sometimes you find enlightenment just by seeking enlightenment'

;-)